Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated this with some new information. We'll eventually make a new RPD Dispatch section on the main site, once the design is in place. For now, please use the podcast generator page as the download archive.

Comment

I'm curious what you guys are using on the podcast to transmit. I just purchased this baby on Carn's recommendation.

Buy Creative HS-1200 USB Connector Circumaural Digital Wireless Gaming Headset with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

Just a cheap shitty logitech that I found on the floor of my flatmates bedroom.
        Don't worry, it's all good. It doesn't sound like I'm standing out in a snowstorm while we record...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          I'm curious what you guys are using on the podcast to transmit. I just purchased this baby on Carn's recommendation.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tive%20HS-1200
          Funny, I sent an text to Carn a few weeks ago to get the name of those, 'cause I'm going to order a pair myself.

Comment

That first time I sent something in and sounded like I was coming from within the labs I had just a small open mic which I had to hold or could clip on to my shirt as a lapel mic. I purchased the following week one of those Logitech Clear Chat USB headsets, which I can use on my PC and PS3 so I wouldn't sound like I was in the middle of nowhere. Nothing amazing, gets the job done.
            Last edited by Rombie; 04-18-2011, 06:59 PM.

Comment

definitely want to hear more andy lancaster skits. is there a way to get all of them somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                Funny, I sent an text to Carn a few weeks ago to get the name of those, 'cause I'm going to order a pair myself.
                HS-1200 - officially endorsed by the THIA/RPD Dispatch team. Get yours with an RPD design today!

Comment

I don't have the money for those!
                  See you in hell.

Comment

Get one of these - http://www.maplin.co.uk/usb2.0-podca...rophone-228548 - it's not bad.

Although, for a cheaper alternative, my friend prefers this - http://www.maplin.co.uk/plantronics-...crophone-97616

Comment

I'm curious what you guys are using on the podcast to transmit.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm curious what you guys are using on the podcast to transmit
                        See you in hell.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                            Since you never (more like rarely) really say a word... I laughed

Comment

I told you, he's busy trying to find Zombrex for his daughter.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

Just got these in the other day and they are quite nice. I don't think I can go with a headset that has a cord now. I've been spoiled! The only complaint I have is they cup the ears rather than going around them. It's a minor complaint, but they do make my ears hurt (since I wear glasses). Moving them forward a bit seems to help though.

I'm really surprised by the range they get. I was down three floors and it was still transmitting. It does seem to have its quirks with range though, it won't go through to my room from the front room, but it'll go through 3 floors (including two apartments) and into the basement? I don't get it, lol.

Rob, I was using the clearchat a while back too. They are quite nice but I eventually ran over the cord with my chair and they died ;(

Edit: Son of a bitch. Ice just bought these. They fit extremely comfortably over your ear, even if you have glasses. They also swivel so it'll fit any shape/size head. The most insane part (besides the price) is the noise cancelling effect these have. When you turn them on, all the sound in the room stops. Its completely bizarre and like you entered another dimension or something. You can still hear people, but they sound like they are talking through a cup or something. VERY weird but very awesome. They are way too expensive though, and don't have a mic ;( Their mic version...$1100 :O
                                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-23-2011, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X