Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
      Who would waste such money just because the console has the TRIcell logo on it? Insane.
      Who doesn' have any PS3 maybe?... and since PS3 is region free and if i'm right the Japanese 80GB version comes with backwards compatibility, still insane?

Comment

Who would waste such money just because the console has the TRIcell logo on it? Insane.
        If Jill was plastered on it instead of the Tricell logo, you'd be all over it.

Comment

Damn Japan always getting the good stuff!

Comment

So it would make no difference whatsoever if I got this PS3 or an English ps3? What about PSN home and the language?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia-Ashford View Post
              So it would make no difference whatsoever if I got this PS3 or an English ps3? What about PSN home and the language?
              I don't about home - I haven't tested it.

But when I first started my Japanese PS3 it asked me to set the language.
              And some games (littlebigplanet was what I was playing when I noticed) seem to check the console language setting, and play in that language. I'm hoping Biohazard 5 will do the same.

I've got an older 40gb PS3 (so I won't be buying this bundle), and from the research I've done, they have universal transformers inside. So all you need is a local power cable, and it will work. I've heard RUMOURS that the universal transformer may be removed in the newer models.
              In about a week when I go back to Australia, I'll plug the PS3 into the wall there, and verify that it has an international transformer.

This is an 80gb, which is a replacement for the 40gb models. AFAIK they are identical to the 40gb models, except for the extra 40gb hard disc space (so 2 USB ports, no MMC reader, no back-compatibility).

The extra 'cost' of the console seems to be in the game and controller.
              A new 80gb PS3 here retails for about 40,000yen. So for the extra 9,000 yen you get the game, an extra dual shock, and the sixaxis you usually get upgraded to a dual shock. The price isn't too bad all in all.
              Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 01-08-2009, 08:50 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Someone like myself who doesn't have any of the current systems and is looking at this as a future investment?

Comment

Well said
                  "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Working...
                  X