Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A chance to ask questions to Minoru Nakai!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A chance to ask questions to Minoru Nakai!

Okay, so I was hoping to not be posting anymore non-directly Resident Evil related news posts this week, but I just couldn't let this one pass!

The good folks over on the official Bionic Commando website just announced that Minoru Nakai will be their next guest on the Official Bionic Commando Podcast: Top Secret (File #31).

For those of you who don't know who Minoru Nakai is; he was the producer/director on Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (NDS) and is also the producer/director of the upcoming Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop (Wii). (Guess he must like his Nintendo platforms)

Now, the interesting thing here is that people who drop by this topic on the Bionic Commando forums will up until this upcoming Wednesday (14th of January) have the chance to submit questions for the Top Secret crew to ask Nakai-san. They'll be picking out the most interesting ones, and those who submit the best questions will also win some Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop swag.

So if you have some good questions: Go here and ask nicely!

Source: Official Bionic Commando Website: Top Secret Podcast: The Dead Rising Edition

A good question to ask whether that slip up that DR is coming to PSN ala Burnout has any "merit"... as in when.

The man worked on the Onimusha series before and directed Onimusha 3 btw. Surprised to see him reduced to handling ports.

Comment

Dunno if it can be called being "reduced to handling ports" when he's both the producer and director for console specific remakes for two of Capcom's most beloved IPs. Seeing that he also was involved in Minish Cap before doing Deadly Silence, I guess the guy "found his home" on Nintendo platforms.

As for that question, good one, but would Nakai even be involved in a possible PS3 port of the original game? (Since assuming that if it's real; it will be a port of the 360 version.)

Comment

*shrugs* Ports are ports after all compared to his previous big budget works. I wouldn't put DR in the same league as Bio as far as big franchises anyway.

A PS3 port has a lot of questions. The slip up was from a Capcom USA rep who was talking about their PSN plans during 2009 (which was later edited), so who knows what the deal is. Perhaps they've just begun porting it, and the PSN release makes a lot of sense since it saves a lot of money for such an old port.

Comment

Working...
        X