No announcement yet.

TGS 2008 Biohazard 5 Behind The Scenes Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I understand these things barrel lenghts and kick also play a part. An AK on automatic has a hell of a kick. Hence why people who are trained to fight with an AK are trained to fire it off in bursts of three shots, so the guns kick doesn't throw it too far off target. I seem to recall pretty much every gun has this problem, but AK is particularly known for having a brutal kick and being difficult master.

And it does have a short barrel, comparatively. I seem to recall something along the lines of tiny imperfections in the barrel and the rifling of the barrel meaning no round goes perfectly straight, but a longer barrel helps compensate by keeping it going straight for longer. Hence why a pistol is less accurate than a rifle, and such.

However, I'll bow to the folks with experience. If they fire those things on automatic and fire them accurately I'll assume the reports I've heard are false until I see evidence to the contrary. Two reports to one, albiet a guy who should know, suggest I was told some crap. Maybe he just believed the tales himself, of course.

Comment

Accuracy is measured for a weapon firing one shot and how many minutes of an angle they are off. Measured in MOA. On full auto the ak47 has much more virtual climb and drift, (and kick) because of it's larger round and heavier action. Every soldier is trained to fire in short burst. Even with countries that use the M16.

Comment

Is it Reuben Langdon who did the motion capture for Chris and Roger Craig Smith who did the voice? I'm pretty sure that's the case but Reuben Langdon's natural voice really sounds a LOT more like the voice of Chris we've heard in all the promitional material / demo to date than Roger Craig Smith. I also recall a Karen Dyer interview in which she mentioned that she did most of her motion capture with Reuben until he had to go and do voice work. I'm pretty confused right now!

Comment

Reuben Langdon has been Chris' mocap actor since CODE: Veronica. Roger Craig Smith is Chris' voice actor in RE5.

Comment

Working...
          X