New Famitsu Images and Umbrella's Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
    I just think the whole "handing off" of viruses/parasites to different organizations is rather dumb. What's next after TriCell? We're already 6 games into the main story plot with several side stories dealing with varying focal but loosely connected themes and that is Umbrella = evil. I always thought that the end of Umbrella and Wesker's death should mark the end of the series.

I've said it before...stringing the game out for another 10 years and turning it into another sort of Final Fantasy would, to me, make the series lose its charm. The characters can't keep doing the same exact thing every game.
    They ended the Umbrella saga, but that doesn't necessary mean ending the bio hazardous threats. The smaller competitors made use of the opportunity to jump in the sinking ship and get the virus.

The future? the emergence of the various companies fighting among themselves or merger as the world gets even more chaotic. A Tricell vs S plot or a Tricell + S merger plot is what I think they'll go next, and that will bring the incident to an even bigger scale.

Comment

I personally like the name Tricell. It rolls of the tongue nicely; though, I'd like to know the origins of the name.

I've been trying to stay out of these arguments with the "Jill fans," but now it's really starting to get annoying. As much as you may not like it, we are NOT the writers of the story and gameplay. Capcom IS! And even if it turns out awful, it's still canon.

For those of you who don't like the progression of the series gameplay and story: that is awfully conservative of you. We can't play the same game forever an expect RE to keep it's appeal. It HAS to change. I love Jill; but, she may not live, and we'll have to accept it, because it IS canon if capcom says it is. And, enough about "leaving the series" because things are not going your way. Don't be so spoiled and bring a negative atmosphere into a forum filled with otherwise awesome people who wish to express excitement and positive feelings.

Unfortunately, I also know some people will have something to complain about and will be negative & cynical no matter how great things are. Just understand that the negativity brings the vibe down for others.

I personally believe las plagas is a brilliant find for the pharmaceutical companies since the people can still keep their intelligence while also being controlled. Like the front line of an army. I also thought the story of RE4 sucked! I think the los illuminados and saddler were a poor additions to the series. And, considering Leon's "why doesn't anyone ever listen to me" persona in RE2, I found his suave military disciplined self to be mostly unbelievable in RE4. I do have lots of hope for RE5, though.

If Jill must die, I hope it will be heroically so she will always be a positive force in the series. Better yet, I hope she lives (i'm a bit idealistic).

I always looked passed the isolated events since RE1 and saw the possibilities on the grand scale. About who is the next Super Power in the world. It's scary to think that nuclear bombs aren't the only way we can all wipe ourselves out now. Bioterrorism is a real, conceivable issue. Power struggle and trying to survive the circumstance is what RE is to me.
      Last edited by Cellardoorsolar; 01-14-2009, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Resident Evil needed to change, true. It didn't have to change as much as it has. Resident Evil 4 had very little of what Resident Evil was about, for most folk. Hopefully 5 is better than 4 but, well, when a series changes beyond all recognition you can't just say, 'It's Resident Evil so it's awesome'.

If something that was intricate to someone enjoying the series is gone then they have every right to voice that opinion. Just as you have saying how much you may be looking forwards to five. Me? 4 was a big burn for me, personally, and it was actually Outbreak that brought me back into playing RE. The story to 5 looks a great deal more interesting, but I can't see much suggesting the horror elements, puzzles or exploration have really made much of a return, so I'm hedging my bets and asking you folks once it comes out.

On on the other hand, if there's more story to 5 but it's not of a great quality (Jill dies purely so Chris can be angry enough to fight Wesker and other concepts best left in the 8-13 reading section) then things are going down hill fast.

Comment

Darkmoon, man, how many times you have explained your opinion on this matter is beyond me.

Comment

I should really keep a note pad of the argument I have and cut and paste when needed. At least this time I didn't mention Resident Evil: Barry's Dress-Me-Up-Soldier game as an examples of why the logo is not enough to ensure awesome, or point out that a chain smoking Mario with a shotgun and Hooker Princess Peach is, while Mario, not really the game we grew up with.

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
              I agree with Sunglasses too.

I actually give a damn about the plot of the RE series and someone else mentioned that they should make a game about the Raccon city outbreak...again??? Aren't we done with that subject?
              i do give a damn about the plot, just not as much as gameplay, but so far from what little i have seen of RE5's possible plot it just doesn't interest me at all.

gameplay > story > graphics

oh and i thik they could have made many more games in the Raccoon City region, and RC is still my favorite location in gameing ever, it was the perfect place to set RE in i think, i for one would love to revisite it again.

Comment

Anyway maybe a spin off title involving survivors of RC like the Outbreak games.
                Last edited by aris13; 01-14-2009, 01:35 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

I understand it didn't need to change so much. But, it did. And, all the complaining in the world isn't going to bring back set camera angles, raccoon city, zombies, and umbrella as a forefront of the series. Or, at least be proactive in complaints and provide an example of how the problems can be fixed.

Comment

yes i said i don't care much for the plot of RE NOW, i liked it before, but RE5's does not interest me, it seems like with the Chris VS Wesker thing it's just a continuation of CVX which i found to have the worst plot out of all the classics.

and the other parts of don't interest me terribly much either, i found RE3 beta pics that i found a while ago to be more interesting lol

Comment

Head over to the Kijuju site, section 2 has been unlocked.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                        Head over to the Kijuju site, section 2 has been unlocked.
                        All I'm getting is an uncrumpled little piece of paper.

EDIT:

Nevermind. It's working now. Don't know what the code is, though. It just started working all of the sudden.
                        Last edited by Archelon; 01-14-2009, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
                          Those are no spiders, nor it's the chimeras. It's most likely some new form of a parasite.
                          Just like the "facehuggers" from re4.
                          They sort of reminded me of Drain Deimos from RE3, only smaller. But I guess they could be RE5 versions of the facehugger-like parasites from RE4.

Comment

They're spiders. If you watched the gameplay footage of the caves area from TGS, you'd see that they're definitely giant spiders that have been infected with something.

Comment

Working...
                            X