RPD Dispatch Episode 10 - Resident Evil Zero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What movie is it?

We might me moving to a monthly format, which would be best for most of us I think. We'd probably still do special podcasts, if something is released and such. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
      What movie is it?

We might me moving to a monthly format, which would be best for most of us I think. We'd probably still do special podcasts, if something is released and such. We'll see.
      A monthly podcast would be ideal because you still have lee-way if people are not avaliable on the day for the podcast, and you can do a brief quick up on several events that might be of interest. Or 3-weekly for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        What movie is it?
        The Marathon Man with Dustin Hoffman and Laurence Olivier.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your dental surgery problems, hope you get well soon.

About the podcast, monthly is too much, one every two weeks will be perfect, but is not up to me.

Comment

Once a month is better, it gives time for everyone to play/watch what you guys are going to discuss. Plus, sooner or later, there won't be anything left to talk about. I was thinking about playing RE 0 again, even though I don't really like it. Its the only game in the series that I haven't done a speed run with and think that is what I will do this weekend.

Comment

If anyone want's to know my oppinion, I'll say that one podcast in the month is not good. One in two weeks is fine, I guess.
              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I think once a month for main RE games is the best idea, and have more frequent special podcasts for other related horror series like Silent Hill, Alone in the Dark, Parasite Eve, ect.

While we have enough content to keep a 2 topic a month podcast going for a while: Zero, Remake, 4, incoming 5, UC, Survivor, and Dead Aim could get us through 3-4 months. Eventually, and especially when the RE5 hype has died down after March, we'll run out of real topics. I know some people mentioned ideas like podcasts about the timeline, character discussions, ect., but we've discussed those ideas a bit in the past and Dot and most of the rest of us don't really see how well they'd work out or feel enthusiastic about them. But I suppose regardless we'll eventually have to come up with something anyway.

All up to Dot though.
                sigpic

Comment

Sorry to leave for a second from the conversation, though I just wanted to let you know that at the "welcome page -> upcoming Events" it says:

RPD Dispatch #10
                  November 30th, -0001

Comment

Awww, once a month? That sucks. I like the podcasts.

Comment

I played through half of Zero this evening. I'm liking it still.
                      I'm gonna finish the game I'm on, then go for a speed run. I've never tried getting the S rank and rocket launcher.

I use the Wii for GC games because I've got component cables for it but one thing that really shits me about the Wii: Not being able to use the GC controller on the Wii menu! It means I have to have batteries charged in the Wiimote or I can't start the game. How hard would it have been to allow the use of the GC controller to scroll around the menu screen?!
                      Also, once you start a GC game you can't get back to the Wii menu, even with the Wiimote. You have to get up and reset the console.
                      Oh well, at least it plays the games.

Comment

I played through the trial of Biohazard 0. I noticed a few differences but nothing major. It was kind of nice to play through the trial for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Handsome Rob View Post
                          Sorry to leave for a second from the conversation, though I just wanted to let you know that at the "welcome page -> upcoming Events" it says:

RPD Dispatch #10
                          November 30th, -0001
                          Yeah, the CMS requires a date so I just put that as the current time.

I feel bad for delaying the podcast, but at this rate the tooth is now infected and I'm on some anti-biotics. It should clear up in a week or so, but I really want to dedicate a lot of time to RE0. With my current work schedule and health problems, its hard to find some free time to play it.

I'll probably start later tonight, when it gets dark out

As for podcasts being once a month, I think this would be ideal, at least for those of us playing the games. Theres been several times where I don't start playing the game until the week of the podcast simply due to lack of time. I end up having to speed run through it to be able to talk about it, and its just un-enjoyable for me.

If this does end up becoming the normal schedule, then we'll likely get more call ins as well and thus be able to create a longer, more interesting podcast.

Comment

I love RE Zero, i cant wait for this podcast! zero has a certain atmosphere to me when playing it, kind of like a calm before the storm. Like when your in the train car and its silent, all you can hear is the rain falling on the roof of the carridge, then you encounter an enemie. I like that
                            I also like marcus, i think he's voice is awesome. I dont care that he was singing, it just sounded like a backing track to me, i hope the book gets mentioned on this podcast aswell 'zero hour'.

Comment

Id love to hear everyones opinions on the originally planned N64 version of Re 0.

Do you think it would have been a different kind of game due to the time it was originally going to be published for?.

Do you personally think it was better coming out for the gamecube or would a re 0 for the n64 have the same type of feeling an old school psx game had?

Just your opinions on it and any information you might know about the cancelled project.

Comment

I've never collected all the EX files from the N64 version of RE2 but it might be worth investigating what was written in those files and comparing them to the the final version of RE0

Comment

Working...
                                X