“Resident Evil 5” Demo Premiers on Xbox 360 January 26 and PS3 February 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Resident Evil 5” Demo Premiers on Xbox 360 January 26 and PS3 February 5th

As the title stated, Resident Evil 5 demo will be available on XBox 360 starting from Jan 26. The playable demo will consist of the 2 levels, and will be available exclusively on Xbox 360 for a week.

Additionally, a new exclusive high-definition trailer of the game, shown only at the past Tokyo Game Show in October of 2008, will be made available for download on the Xbox LIVE service on Friday, Jan. 16. The demo has three types of co-op play: single-player with AI partner, two-player split-screen on a single Xbox 360 and two-player across Xbox LIVE.

Neogaf.com

[Update]
    The PlayStation 3 demo will launch on PSN the 5th of February.
    Last edited by Carnivol; 01-14-2009, 09:40 PM.

where the hell is PS3 demo?????????? fu*k Crapcom
    Spoiler:

Comment

While I can care less(played it many times already), I think M$ might have paid Capcom to make the demo available only to 360 for the time being(Japan was 360, and now US is also 360 only).

Comment

I really don't care, I played the japanese 360 demo a lot and I'm playing right now the japanese demo on the PS3, but is really sad to see this "exclusivity" still going on.

Comment

Full press release:

Xbox 360 gamers worldwide won’t have to wait until March 13, 2009 to get their hands on the highly-anticipated “Resident Evil 5.” The next installment of the landmark survival horror franchise from Capcom will take action to a new level with a two-level, playable demo available exclusively on Xbox 360 for one week beginning Monday, January 26. In the demo, players will have a first glimpse of the fear they will never forget, as “Resident Evil 5” makes daylight just as terrifying as darkness. Additionally, a new exclusive high-definition trailer of the game, shown only at the past Tokyo Game Show in October of 2008, will be made available for download on the Xbox LIVE service on Friday, Jan. 16.

Fans will have the opportunity to experience “Resident Evil 5’s” revolutionary new features early, including two-player co-op with voice chat along with new characters, weapons and environments. The demo is set within two stages from the beginning of the game – Assembly Place and Shanty Town -- featuring plenty of co-operative action, shooting, hordes of bloodthirsty infected Majini enemies and a few puzzles to round out the action. The demo has three levels of co-op play: single-player with AI support, two-player split-screen on a single Xbox 360 and two-player across Xbox LIVE.

Xbox 360 gamers will also be first to take on the new enemies in battle, including an army of weapon-wielding infected Majini, the gigantic hooded Majini Executioner and even the dreaded Chainsaw Majini. Players can also choose between the classic “Resident Evil”-style controls or switch to the newer “Action” controls inspired by games like “Gears of War 2” and “Halo 3.”

In this hotly anticipated new title coming on March 13, Chris Redfield returns as the “Resident Evil” hero and heads to Africa where the latest bioterrorism threat is literally transforming the people and animals of the city into mindless, maddened creatures. Joining forces with a new partner, Sheva Alomar, the two must work together to discover the truth behind this evil plot. Utilizing the new co-op mode, players will be able to assume control of either Chris or Sheva and experience “Resident Evil” in new ways.
          The extended TGS trailer (with more Wesker scenes) will be out on Jan. 16th

Which is awesome.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

No PS3 love

What the hell I already played it on the 360.

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
            The extended TGS trailer (with more Wesker scenes) will be out on Jan. 16th
            More Wekser??? You know something I don't know?
            Last edited by aris13; 01-14-2009, 11:11 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Why don't you people read the, exclusive for one week?
              Last edited by Gradon; 01-14-2009, 11:12 AM.

Comment

So, three levels? What could the third be?

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon Quinn View Post
                  So, three levels? What could the third be?
                  They mean three ways to play co-op.
                  Alone.
                  Offline.
                  Online.

Comment

Oh, got it.
                    The article is a bit messily written though, i also read the "One week exclusivity" part as meaning it would only be available for one week on Xbox live...
                    Last edited by Gideon Quinn; 01-14-2009, 11:37 AM.

Comment

You know its amazing how time flies! I'm really going to have to decide on a 360 or PS3. I doubt it but I hope this demo has some extra stuff that is different from the demo released about a month ago.

Comment

Meh...I've got both systems so I don't even care. I can't wait for the trailer though. Should be interesting.
                        sigpic
                        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

hmm, yes I'm hoping the "exclusively for one week" means that it'll appear on ps3 the following week! I've yet to buy a ps3 but may indulge earlier than March for the demo.

Comment

PSN DEMO ANNOUNCED:

Also, +1 to it for writing the article correctly lol(the 360 one has misinterpretations).
                            Last edited by ElusionM; 01-14-2009, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Better late than never right?
                              Last edited by aris13; 01-14-2009, 01:26 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X