Resident Evil Degeneration Sales Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Degeneration Sales Figures

It looks like Resident Evil Degeneration has been something of a success in the US. Website "The Numbers" has posted the DVD sales figures for the week ending January 4th 2009, and the DVD of the film has charted at number four, selling over 300,000 copies in its first week of sales.

A link to the chart can be found here. Thanks go to DMczaf from the NeoGAF forums for the heads up.
    Last edited by randomwab; 01-15-2009, 05:33 AM.

Now they can do another film, with them saying if this one has done well in sales then they'll think about a sequel. Seeing these sales, and imagining that it's done fine in Europe and Japan, we can expect to see another

Comment

Great. I really enjoyed the movie, and was hoping to God it would sell even decently well.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Same hear. It's a great news, now let's all hope for a sequel.
        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Well from a small town in London view, my local supermarket sold out of the blu ray copies, i got myself a copy in time. I would love another movie, but only if its cgi again and not real action. The next one should be on the aftermath of R.E 5 or do a story on someone trying to get out of Raccon City.

Comment

Excellent; glad to see the movie sold well. It was flawed, but I had a fun time with it and I hope another CGI movie is done. It kind of bugs me that there was so much potential to really tie up some loose ends and it didn't deliver much in that respect. Regardless, I liked it and I hope there's a Degeneration 2 (or whatever they would decide to call it).

Comment

What the hell is with the spike in the sales for Eagle Eye? A 632.2% change? Is that normal?

Comment

I wonder what sort of profit it brought in...

Comment

Ah I'm glad to hear it sold well though I've yet to find it here in Ireland! I'll be popping into town tomorrow though so should get it then! Fingers crossed for a sequel definitely!

Comment

Sony have only just announced the release date here in New Zealand as Feb 25th, putting it only a couple of weeks prior to the release of Resident Evil 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                      I wonder what sort of profit it brought in...
                      Considering the quality of the CGI, I'd say it would've likely met or exceeded expectations.

Against my better judgment, I bought it.... I liked it but I seriously would've been satisfied by a rental or even the DVD. I don't think the CGI was even rendered at 1920x1080.

It's a shameless cash-in project riding on the fans' psychological attachment to the series. The storyline and script (lots of cheese there) are standard game quality.

Comment

Working...
                      X