No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 "Head Stone" Trailer Posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the hell do I download it? Just clicking the link brings me to a web page that tries to load Quicktime.

EDIT: Nevermind. I took my head out of my ass.
    Last edited by Vector; 01-16-2009, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Yeah, quicktime Has a nasty habit of taking over your file extensions like that.

I'll be sure to make it stereo any more, since the PS3 seems to have an issue with 5.1

Comment

It does? @5.1

I thought people used to brag that up in the skies that the PS3 had better multi-channel audio support for random home encoded stuff :s
        Did you just keep the original audio data or something? (But I thought the PS3 had full support for WMV VC-1 stuff...)

But then again, I've never had any problems playing the THIA encodes on my 360 (and wont need this one, as I've already got the video from the marketplace)

Should probably be quickly investigated at some point. Would be nice if all of the site's encodes would play on most standard household HD media playback capable devices.

Comment

The trailer looks really good, high quality...makes me have no doubt about Jill being tube girl. That face on the monitor looks unmistakable.

Comment

I didn't notice a face...

Comment

It's on the very far right of the frame before the tank drops all it's water. It's only half a face though. To be honest I'm more inclined to think Sherry on that face of the glimpse we see.

Still love the bird lady backflip with the music cue. Amazing.

But noticed in this newer quality that Wesker is actually expelling the rounds of the gun he's using during his super-speed scene, and then drops that and pulls out a Samurai Edge. Brilliant touch. It's like Wesker even takes the time to remind Chris where it all began and how he betrayed him way back when.
              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

I always thought I saw a face on that damn monitor just couldnt find it in that crappy quality we had before. Isnt it the same face thats on the monitor in the lift, on Degeneration dvd. If it's Sherry she is taunting Chris and Sheva like Salazar did Leon and if it's Jill she's helping them out. What other reason would the same face appear on several monitors.

Comment

Look at Chris's face at 4:15-4:16 -- what could be so disturbing? It's Jill.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                    Look at Chris's face at 4:15-4:16 -- what could be so disturbing? It's Jill.
                    Maybe it's Alexia?

Comment

If Jill is gonna be a boss, then I really think that she's tube girl. The look on Chris's face at said time in the video makes me feel a little bit sad inside. I mean, think about it:

Think about ALL THE SHIT Chris has seen. The BOW's, the monsters, the friends he's seen die, all the shit he's undoubtedly been exposed to as a member of the BSAA -- this isn't his first rodeo. Whatever is in that tube, really, REALLY got to him...and what could that be?

I'm telling you, it's Jill. I'm like 85% positive.

Comment

Why does he look so sickened though if he just found her shouldnt he be happy. He looks pretty angry. Why?

Comment

She is even wearing the black clothes that go with the mask.

Comment

Originally posted by P Anderson DIE View Post
                            Why does he look so sickened though if he just found her shouldnt he be happy. He looks pretty angry. Why?
                            Because she's in a tube of water. In an underground lab. And he thought she was dead.

All 3 of those factors probably contributed to the look on his face.

Comment

Obviously I was joking about the whole Alexia thing, but that's exactly the kind of "out of left field" thing I'd expect them to pull. Think about it, though.

Alexia is the only BOW (not sure if this really applies to her or not, but I'm using it for simplicity's sake) that we know of to actually stand up to Wesker and even, arguably, overpower him. I imagine Wesker would certainly want that kind of power under his control. Maybe he's cloned Alexia or something. We know he has the T-Veronica Virus. Maybe he cloned Alexia somehow and injected the clone with the virus and has been keeping her in stasis for the past ten years in the hopes of recreating Alexia's power.

Sure, it's highly unlikely, but the woman in the tube is blonde and has blue eyes like Alexia. Also, Takeuchi has said on several occasions that the storyline of CODE: Veronica will be very important for the events of RE5. Obviously, the biggest hurdle here is the woman in the tube's age. She's obviously a lot older than just 10 years. Since it took 12 (I think, I don't remember the exact number, maybe it was 15?) years for Alexia's body to full adapt to the virus. Maybe Wesker manufactured the clone so it would have accelerated aging or something to help speed up the process.

Then again, according to my admittedly lacking knowledge of cloning, a clone will age rapidly anyway to at least the age of the original, because the cells taken from the original are still much older than the clone itself. That could be another factor. Of course, I highly doubt any of this is the case, and the woman in the tube is, in all likelihood, Jill, and Capcom just messed up on the hair color.

Still, I'm holding out hope that the birdwoman and tube woman are not the same person, so there's a better chance of the tube woman being Sherry. Of course, there's still the blonde in the red dress. Who knows.

Comment

I guess just thought he would look happy to find his friend instead of angry and looking like he wants to butcher her.

Comment

Working...
                                X