Play Mania Resident Evil 5 Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play Mania Resident Evil 5 Preview

Spanish Magazine Play Mania has previewed Resident Evil 5 in its latest issue. The preview confirms the existence of an El-Gigante style troll monster, but specifies that the boss encounter will be completely different compared to Resident Evil 4. It also talks about a new abandoned Train Station level.

Interestingly enough one of the screen shows Chris holding a large battery in one hand and a torch in the other. Readers might remember around the E3 and TGS times there was talk about a stage in the game where one of the players would only be able to move a light and the second player would be incharge of securing the area, killing any enemies and what not. This is most likely that stage.

Click here to see the pictures from the magazine.

Resident Evil 5 Play Mania Preview thanks to Zombie

I bet we use the turrets from the jeep in the El Gigante fight.

Comment

well, that's a return of a classic Resident Evil item there^^

Comment

That part with Chris holding the battery is gonna be so cool. I love variety gameplay like that...I bet Chris will have to aim the flashlight like it's a gun, to light the area. And Sheva will have to protect him, and they'll move slowly forward, etc. Looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

Comment

Holding the flashlight like leon in RE 3.5?

Comment

Reminds me of the part in Half Life 2: Ep 1 when you had to light the way with flashes while Alyx protects you = p

Comment

i just hope the game doesn't force it onto Chris, for single player's sake.

Comment

I knew it... Capcom had to put a Gigante style monster in the game. I guess they thought everybody wants the same virus and enemies cause people loved rE4 that they had to put stuff like that in RE5.

Comment

Originally posted by revil5 View Post
                  I knew it... Capcom had to put a Gigante style monster in the game. I guess they thought everybody wants the same virus and enemies cause people loved rE4 that they had to put stuff like that in RE5.
                  Not so surprising since we knew this since last year, when the official RE5 site launched (el gigante was mentioned in one of those wallpapers with red letters).

Comment

I guess the El-Gigante is the new Tyrant, in every game from now on. I hope the area with Chris holding the flashlight brings some horror back into the game that looks to have a lot of action.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                      Not so surprising since we knew this since last year, when the official RE5 site launched (el gigante was mentioned in one of those wallpapers with red letters).
                      I knew that. One forum member was saying there was gonna be no Gigante. Apparently the XB360 trailer that showed a Gigante crushing a BSAA agent didn't mean that RE5 was gonna have it. LOL In yo face! (Not you Mr. Rod)

Comment

Originally posted by revil5 View Post
                        Well, if El Gigante is a natural evolution of the Ganados as we were led to believe in RE4, then it would make sense for there to be at least one in an area where there has been an outbreak of Las Plagas.

Comment

ElGigantes were the products of Sadlers experiments, they are not ganados evolution. Then again, the plagas that we saw in Re4 were not original plagas from middle age, they were also modified to poses the common inteligance and be controlled by him.
                          "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                            That part with Chris holding the battery is gonna be so cool. I love variety gameplay like that...I bet Chris will have to aim the flashlight like it's a gun, to light the area. And Sheva will have to protect him, and they'll move slowly forward, etc. Looks like it'll be a lot of fun.
                            On top of that i would like that Chris (or Sheva) got himself electrocuted if he takes too much of a beating! Afterall that "classic Resident Evil item" (with wires fastened to Chris) + water seems pretty hazardous!
                            sigpic

Comment

These scans in better quality, you enjoy! I've published the preview (text mode) -Here- (for who knows Spanish)
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X