Interview With Resident Evil 5's Cut-scene Director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview With Resident Evil 5's Cut-scene Director

Fidgit.com have put up a new interview with Jim Sonzero, the person directing the cut-scenes for Resident Evil 5. Sonzero has previously directed the horror movie Pulse, and various music videos.

Amongst other things like adding cinematic affects, he talks about balancing out the supposed racial controversy that the game faced after its initial reveal.
    JS: I heard it after the fact. I was a little concerned myself when I first saw the concept, but when I saw how it was balanced out, and when I saw the actual realities of the story, it made sense. I didn't think it was an issue.
    Read the rest of the interview here.

Resident Evil 5 Director Speaks Out thanks to The Ekamp

Nice. I guess this statement confirms that RE5 will only have around an hour of cutscenes though.

my role was to take those things in the script and create storyboards for each dramatic beat or action beat, and to envision how it would play out as a movie. It was almost an hour of content. Also I was involved in creating the look, the lighting, the feel and mood of the scene with concept artists.

Comment

Ah, sounds like I need to watch and/or read The Constant Gardener. It sounds pretty interesting. Corporate greed? Well, we know that TriCell have been operating out there.
      See you in hell.

Comment

What's cool about this latest version of Resident Evil 5 is that these are characters with a story. They have a past, they have emotion. So you're rooting for them.
        That's good to hear, after Leon's disgrace in Degeneration.

I have no emotions I'm a bad dude.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon Quinn View Post
          Nice. I guess this statement confirms that RE5 will only have around an hour of cutscenes though.
          I still hope there will be more cutscenes !!!
          Spoiler:

Comment

It if was set in South America, or like Resident Evil 4, you'd see more Latinos.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
              I still hope there will be more cutscenes !!!
              I'd like to agree, i mean an hour of cutscenes does seem pretty damn short - Especially considering RE4's obsession with Quick Time Events in Cutscenes, i'd assumed RE5 would push that one step further. RE4 had about 2 hours in total.

Anyway, i'd rather play my game than watch it.

Comment

I do wonder...how many minutes in cutscenes did RE4 have? The previous games also? I can't imagine them running over an hour...

Comment

The original Resident Evil, both Chris's and Jill's games combined, only had about 40-50 minutes of cut-scenes including the different ones you might get depending on what you do/how you progress.

Comment

Working...
                  X