Resident Evil 5 Official Strategy Guide Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Official Strategy Guide Revealed

EBGames has put up two different versions of the Official Strategy Guide for Resident Evil 5. The first is the plain version, the second is a Limited Edition Strategy Guide that's only going to run on the first day of the pre-orders.

The official guide will contain all the dirty little secrets you may want to know about the game, like the locations of every single collectable treasure item, and tips on fighting the boss enemies. It also includes a special section devoted to the "Mercenaries" mini game.

The guide page also says that the game is packed with unlockable secrets including alternate costumes and whatnot. Click the link below to read the complete details.

Resident Evil 5 Strategy Guide thanks to Wanderer.

Are they still calling it Mercenaries? Did capcom ever call it that, or did Prima just call it that because they didn't know what else to call it.

Comment

I think I'll be buying the prima guide when it comes here over in the UK, for collecting purposes.

Comment

I want that guide so badly, ah! Concept art is my weakness.
        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Im curious as to what exactly the Limited Edition guide is for?! Like what else does it offer??? hmm..

Anyway, ill definitely be picking up a guide on release day though I wont even look at it until ive completed the game. I like to collect them anyway and I think they make a good read.

Comment

For anyone interested, Amazon.com has the LE for $10 cheaper. As usual, you'll probably have to wait longer on it though.

I buy strategy guides more for collection purposes also... and something to look back through after I've completed the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
              I want that guide so badly, ah! Concept art is my weakness.
              I'm not a collector but concept art kicks ass.
              sigpic

Comment

I had this pre-ordered like last week. It's hardcover, with the main walkthrough on the left pages and the extra secrets on the right, and has art concept and behind the scenes at the ending.

Not that I'll need it, but for the heck of it being a Collector's Edition, I'm buying to go with my Collector's Edition version of the game(both PS3).

Comment

Well, I am now definately going to pre-order this the next time I go into my GameStop. I already have the Collector's Edition pre-ordered for 360, and am so very excited for March 13th! I have the Limited Edition of RE 4, the PS2 version, and the strategy guides for each, so am keeping the tradition with this great game! 3/13, I'm awaitin'!!!!! Luckily I got a $20 GameStop card from Battle for the Ring to pay for this $120 investment, and 1600 Microsoft Points for the DLC that will eventually come out, unless I spend it on the Fallout 3 DLC first ...

Comment

I got the Startegy guide for Umbrella Chronicles and was disappointed with Prima, the company that made it. There where many errors in the book and even something that were not included so I just went on GameFaqs. I don't think that I will be getting this game guide.
                    Last edited by Stars1356; 01-22-2009, 08:13 PM.

Comment

For anyone interested, Amazon.com has the LE for $10 cheaper. As usual, you'll probably have to wait longer on it though.
                      Yeah, I've already pre-ordered it from Amazon for $19.79
                      If you're a 'Cheap Charlie' you can get the standard guide for $13.59
                      I'm not worried about having to wait longer for it. It's best to play through a game without the guide at first. It's more fun and rewarding to be surprised by stuff and have to work it all out yourself.
                      But I collect all the guides. They are cool to have. I need a new RE calendar too!

I've noticed that there isn't a separate PS3/360 guide. I'm interested to see how they do this. I know the game content will all be the same but obviously all the buttons are different.
                      Which screen shots will they use? A combination of both or what? "Tap B to sprint" (B?! I don't have a f**king B button!)
                      Will the guide be filled with "press A (X on PS3)" etc..?
                      I'll be a bit annoyed if the guide is based all on the 360 version, with only a page at the start, showing the PS3 button layout and a note of the adjustments you need to make if playing on PS3.
                      What about PC users?

Comment

Originally posted by Beef_jerky_yo View Post
                        Are they still calling it Mercenaries? Did capcom ever call it that, or did Prima just call it that because they didn't know what else to call it.
                        It was called Mercenaries by Capcom. The minigame both in RE4 and RE3 is called "Mercenaries" when you start it up.

Anyways, nice to see Mercenaries confirmed. Wonder who the characters will be? Chris, Sheva, Wesker, Birdwoman/Jill/?, etc? Also nice to see that there is a ton of unlockables. Can't wait til March 13th!

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                          It's best to play through a game without the guide at first. It's more fun and rewarding to be surprised by stuff and have to work it all out yourself.
                          Even though I write guides myself and publish them on GameFAQs, I always like to hear a gamer say that. I definitely agree.

As for the controls for the guide, I have a feeling that they will label each button a certain way, such as having an "Action" button and a "Run/Reload" button. That's what I've done before. With DMC4, I actually made up two seperate guides for both versions since the game was so heavy in button commands - probably going to do the same with RE5.

Comment

Working...
                          X