Pre-Game Rituals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Game Rituals?

After years of waiting for the next resident evil installment what's your special way of getting ready for the big night?

I prefer to pre-order the game, then just stare at it for 30-minutes...in all it's glory, savoring it. Oh I gotcha now. After that, I like to down half a bottle of yellow-tail to set the mood. Than, if you got the limited-edition, you can play around with the action figure, or if you're obsessed with the Resident Evil figures you can place it on your shelf with the army of other ones like me, then give it a little wink knowing that it will soon be joined by the others in the series.
    Than I'm gonna take the necklace, and wonder for a second what I'm going to do with it, who knows, maybe I'll wear it the first night for good luck. Dim the lights down low,oohhh yea.
    Last edited by REmaster; 01-22-2009, 08:46 PM.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

1. Pick up the game from a store.
    2. Drive home.
    3. Open the game, sniff the contents of the box -- the disc, the manual, everything.
    4. Play the game.
    5. Beat the game.
    6. Go online and talk about it with someone else who's beaten it.

Comment

I never anticipated a game as much as I have for Re5 didnt get into gaming til latley so I'm gonna be so confused when I got Re5. The game store is opening at midnight for it's release so guess I'll get home put it in and play it till I fall asleep.

Comment

The only thing I always do is make sure I can play it for a long time in the first time I do it... I don't like to put the game on, see the intro, play for 5 minutes and then shut it down because of some other stuff....
        If it's night time, then I turn the lights off and put the sound as loud as possible without bothering the neighbours.....
        And then, I play until I can =P.... and when I can't play it anymore, I do whatever stuff I need to do, as fast as possible, so that I can play again and it goes on and on and on until I beast the game for the second time, at least =P

Comment

I always walk to the store, and on the way home, I read the manual. But recently the manuals have been getting shorter. I don't know why.

Comment

I love the smell of a newely-opened game box in the morning...

Comment

Now that I've dropped out of college for the semester...I plan on waking up early, heading to the store to get the game, and then drive right back home to play. I probably wont even get out of my pajamas. I'm hoping I can score having that day and weekend off from work...if not I'll call in sick.
              sigpic
              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I usually get the game. Play for about 30-40 minutes. Then turn it off and do something else. Let it mull about in my head a bit, so I'm thinking about it.
                Then I usually hammer it later in the day.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                  The smell really is fantastic...I don't know why. I LOVE the smell of a fresh manual.

Comment

For me the days leading up to the game will consist on taking care of whatever so on March 13 I won't be bothered. I know while playing the first area, I will probably explore every inch of the map. It might be a little different this time because I will be playing the demo in a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                      Smells like...victory.
                      sigpic

Comment

i will hopefuly buy it on release day, then get back home as fast as i can, then play RE3 all day, then later if im bored take RE5 of the shelf and give it a try.

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                        The smell really is fantastic...I don't know why. I LOVE the smell of a fresh manual.
                        LOL, sounds like you have some sort of fetish for fresh instruction manuals.

Comment

1. Make sure I have no plans on the release day. Still debate right up till I get to my local store whether I want to buy the normal or collector's edition while I am at it lol

2. If I am playing it during the day, unplug the house phone and put my mobile on to send calls to messenger and turn off my computer as well.

3. Set up television with the most relaxing chair in the place right in front of it. Maybe get few pillows to prop up my arms a bit to make sure they will not get tired too quickly.

4. Snacks kept close at hand with a small bucket filled with ice and loaded with a mixture of diet sodas or Red Bull if I need the pick up, and snacks of chocolate bars or small cup cakes in blood red icing lol

Comment

I have booked that Friday off work along with the following Monday and Wednesday off (the Tuesday is St Paddys Day so work is closed) to ensure I have plenty of time to play it... over and over again!!! hehe

Comment

Starting sometime next month i will probably complete all resident evil games and get the whole story in my head, watch all the films (just because i am bored of waiting) even though i don't like them too much they still have the resident evil tag.

I'll just try to soak up as much information as possible and by the time it is released i will be fully versed in the story again.
                              Last edited by BlackHeart; 01-23-2009, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X