Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old RE titles available for download on Playstation Network soon ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old RE titles available for download on Playstation Network soon ?

Is this a confirmed rumour or just bull, because someone told me sometime in the near future on the Playstation Network Capcom will make available all the original RE titles, including the RE remake of part one. True or false ?

Originally posted by JillLovesChris View Post
    Is this a confirmed rumour or just bull, because someone told me sometime in the near future on the Playstation Network Capcom will make available all the original RE titles, including the RE remake of part one. True or false ?
    It sounds like BS. I don't even have to confirm it. Amazing what people will tell others. Maybe RE1, 2, 3, and Survivor (the PS1 games) possibly will be on the network, but that's it. I don't see REmake or any of the other graphicly superior games being on there.
    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

RE 1, 2 and 3 are available on the Japanese PSN. Easily obtainable by buying a JPN points card from eBay. Dino Crisis is on there as well.

Comment

SCEJ? Yes, of course. RE: DC and RE2 are on there right now, maybe even RE3.

SCEA? There's a good possibility in the long run, we might see them.

SCEE? Sorry, who do we represent again?
        Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 01-30-2009, 03:07 PM.
        See you in hell.

Comment

I was actually on the JP store yesterday, and I got very upset:
          3 out of the top 10 sellers are Biohazard: Director's Cut, Biohazard 2 and Biohazard 3: Last Escape.

I really want the RE1 Director's Cut on the US store...I still have my copies of 2 and 3, but RE1 escaped somewhere along the line.
          Last edited by Vector; 01-30-2009, 03:25 PM.

Comment

So two and three are available online but only in Japan ? Any chance of an Australian release date ?

Comment

^ Director's Cut is on the JP store too.

Comment

I haven't heard anything about the older games being available but wouldn't be surprised if they were there in the future. It is capcom we are talkin about.

Comment

yha i wouldnt mind seeing the old re's on the ps store
                  id snatch em right up
                  but then again im a lil picky and i like to have the cases and manuals to...sooo
                  yha i think il buy them when they put em up lol

Comment

damn, i want the RE1 Directors cut version, i have a japanese copy of it, but it's all scratched up and doesn't work, ive only ever played the regular version of RE1, and alwasy wanted to see what the DC version was like , if it comes out in western countrys as well, ill get it for sure.

Comment

If any of my old RE game broke I whould not wasted my money on Playstation Sore I whould go with Ebay

Comment

They're on the Hong Kong store too and last time I checked, the store has started accepting out of region credit cards since mid last year, or even earlier. They come up to about $5 each.

Comment

My 80gb PS3 isn't backwards compatible, so obviously it won't read the discs, but would it not play the RE games from the playstation store?
                          Last edited by REmaster; 01-31-2009, 04:00 PM.
                          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                            My 80gb PS3 isn't backwards compatible, so obviously it won't read the discs, but would it not play the RE games from the playstation store?
                            all the ps3 can play ps1 games and only the older ones can play ps2 games.

Comment

download the PS2 software from PSN and your 80gig should be able to...

Comment

Working...
                              X