Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silent Hill Celebrates 10th Anniversary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill Celebrates 10th Anniversary!

Today, January 31st 2009, marks the 10th anniversary of the US release of Silent Hill on the Sony Playstation. It's hard to believe that we've only been battling the manifestations of Alessa's fears for ten years, and even more surprising that this niche horror game which was developed by a team of trouble makers in Konami as an answer to the Resident Evil series has shown itself to be much more, a complete different beast.

So here's to you Silent Hill. Why not break out your copies and whack some demon kids or nurses? I know I will be. And pay attention to The Horror Is Alive over the next few weeks for some interesting, series wide features. We've a few things planned out that I know a lot of you will like, so stay tuned folks.

still waiting for Homecoming Pal 360 ..

Comment

Shit. I'd go play it but I dunno where it is.
      Maybe it's still in my PS1 lying around somewhere.
      And yeah, *is waiting for Homecoming PAL PS3*

Comment

Cool, I love this Silent Hill game. Oh those were the days!

Comment

-
          Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Happy Anniversary to Silent Hill a ture horror game this call for a drink
            Last edited by Sephiroth; 01-31-2009, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you.
              Happy birthday dear “Hooaryou”.
              Happy birthday to you.
              Wow, it's been 10 years then? I will surely celebrate it (after I pass all of my exams :/).

I wonder if Konami will publish something to celebrate the anniversary of the series...

Comment

As Sephiroth sed: Happy Anniversary to Silent Hill! the Survival Horror wich has mantained its roots allmos perfectly

Comment

Yay! Congrats to one of the most disturbing and pulse pounding series ever! I think I may just pop in Silent Hill 2 and 3 for this occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by himher_elle View Post
                    the Survival Horror which has mantained its roots almost perfectly
                    So? That didn't help the franchise so much, it's still No2 when it comes to the Survival Horror genre. What I'm saying is that some changes won't hurt the Silent Hill series. You can't remain static all the time right?
                    sigpic

Comment

All hail Silent Hill! Oh, the scariest game I've ever played and one of my favorite series. I'll play it as soon as possible that's for sure, and it's cool to know that there's gona be some SH related fetures on THIA
                      "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I must confess that I've never played Silent Hill 1

*Looks at eBay....*

Comment

I've played Homecoming (PC version) few weeks ago, great game but SH1 is still the best.

Comment

@ randomwab; Yeah, I'd drink to that!

SH1 was the best overall experience for me, but I think SH2 has the best storyline. SH3 has the best music in the series. It's fucking gold, it is.

Comment

Working...
                            X