Resident Evil 4 The Movie Update + Sea Creature Boss Gameplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 4 The Movie Update + Sea Creature Boss Gameplay

Movie Web has an update on the fourth installment of the Resident Evil movie series. Paul Anderson wrote the screen play but he's not coming back to direct it. They say that the tone of the movie is more like the second one, instead of the post apocalyptic third one.

Resident Evil 4 The Movie thanks to aris13.

GameTrailers have put up a new gameplay video featuring the Sea Creature boss. Click here to check it out. Thanks to ElusionM.

Sticking with GameTrailers they recently put up a new GT TV episode in which they talk about the upcoming games of 2009, including Resident Evil 5.

GameTrailers TV thanks to aris13.

Paul Anderson wrote the screenplay but he is not coming back to direct.

The screenplay is more akin to RE2 in terms of style, but with better dialogue. The overall tone is also very dark.

There's enough hand to hand fights in the script for them to bring in a martial arts choreographer.

Patrick Tatopoulos (Resident Evil: Extinction) will be in charge of the creature effects and they will have a new Special FX supervisor (in terms of the the practical effects) - Michael Lantieri (Jurassic Park III)

The script is complete (they're at Draft 2)) and they're going to start casting before making any more script changes.

So far, they will be filming in Toronto and Tokyo. Toronto will actually front for Alaska.

They will be hiring a director once they have Milla officially signed back on.
    hand to hand combat? in an RE movie, like REA? i liked REA's tone and style, but not the hand to hand combat with the NEMESIS Battle, i hope thye arent planning to do more of that.

and it looks like it wil follow Claire up to Alaska, and Alice to Tokyo, i wonder if Jill will make a come back? i liked Sienna.
    Last edited by missvalentine; 01-31-2009, 07:08 AM.

Comment

I guess they don't read the forums cause I had already posted the link for the sea monster gameplay already. lol

Comment

Originally posted by revil5 View Post
        I guess they don't read the forums cause I had already posted the link for the sea monster gameplay already. lol
        You have to post it on the news report section.
        sigpic

Comment

*Starts polishing a high powered rifle.*

Alright. I admit, I'm probably pre-judging this. But what I expect is this. Claire and co have found somewhere to actually live, all is going decently, sudden zombie horde, Alice out of nowhere with the save, gets killed, turns out to be clone, real alice and clone army turn up demanding help in getting to Japan because Alaska place has fuel or ship.

New survior Ada Wong and Leon Kennedy go with Alice on ship. Ada traitor but turns good at some point. Wesker uses devilish means such as monsters to wittle down clone army. Real Alice fights him but Wesker has the same virus she does. Eventually Alice wins (due to Leon or Ada) but Wesker turns into super mutant, end boss fight, stuck in Japan as cliff hanger.

And then I goes a hunting.

Comment

The Sea monster well im calling it the Kraken until it's names is announced but fight looks epic I never like fighting massive sea monster I all ways had a fear of fighting them and it looks like im going to have to concer my fear ow Ill end up asking someone else to do it for me.

Comment

I think the fight looks awesome! Like Del Lago (or however you spell the BA lake beastie form RE 4) on roids! This fight reminds me of Lost Planet and Dead Space (scariest game ever!) because of the glowing pieces of tentacle and skin that you have to shoot and they blow up, but I guess you can't be all original. But other than that, the battle looks epic along with the El Gigante in "Claire" and the Popkari in the G4 video, so if all the other bosses are this epic the game will be more awesome than it is now. Definate GOTY and one of the best games ever (it's the third best selling game in history according to G4, and that's only pre-orders!), I hope the next 40 days go by fast, because 3/13 I'm as ready and anxious as hell!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                The Sea monster well im calling it the Kraken until it's names is announced but fight looks epic I never like fighting massive sea monster I all ways had a fear of fighting them and it looks like im going to have to concer my fear ow Ill end up asking someone else to do it for me.
                i love epic fight with sea monsters over water, it's one of my favorite things in video games to do, i loved God of Wars Hydra fights, and Gears of Wars fight with that huge locust thing in the underground cavern, and Del Lago in RE4 was alright as well.

Originally posted by Dredgon View Post
                it's the third best selling game in history according to G4, and that's only pre-orders
                are you serious? third best selling game in history ever? or just on PS3 or 360? cause if it's already third best selling game in history, then it must have sold at least over 18 million copy's so far, which i highly doubt.
                Last edited by missvalentine; 01-31-2009, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Holy crap!
                  That gameplay video is simply amazing, I know Re4 had good FPS, but did you see how smoothly the game was playing along? The animations and everything were flawless in every way, not to mention the amazing water effect / texture of the water!

This only made me want the game even worse! xD!

Comment

We get to battle Old Ones? Sweet.

The rain and wind effects in that scenes are incredible. The scale of the fight reminds me of the two epic boss fights in Dead Space. Hopefully there'll be more set pieces like it.

Comment

That sea creature battle looks intense! And that's awesome how much recognition this game is getting. I'm getting more excited by the second.

But the news of a fourth movie puts a damper on my good mood. I really hope Wesker kills Alice and all her dumb clones. I'd much rather see the actual game characters take over as the main role, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        New survior Ada Wong and Leon Kennedy go with Alice on ship. Ada traitor but turns good at some point. Wesker uses devilish means such as monsters to wittle down clone army. Real Alice fights him but Wesker has the same virus she does. Eventually Alice wins (due to Leon or Ada) but Wesker turns into super mutant, end boss fight, stuck in Japan as cliff hanger.

And then I goes a hunting.
                        Don't you dare bring my dear Ada into this blasphemous movie crap. That's considered a capital crime. You could face the death penalty for that kinda of drabble. If they even think of putting Ada and Leon in there you will have a partner to go on a hunting spree, I'll be the one driving the tank.

Comment

Resident evil 4 movie = Brothers and sisters of THIA be strong! We can survive this shitty horror.
                          "Kraken" boss fight - Rocks! Can't wait.
                          "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Dredgon View Post
                            it's the third best selling game in history according to G4, and that's only pre-orders
                            Wow that's impressive. Can you provide the link?

BTW that kraken fight looks EPIC
                            sigpic

Comment

As I posted in the other thread:

Simply put; epic.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X