Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation Magazine (US) RE5 Review !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official PlayStation Magazine (US) RE5 Review !

The March 2009 issue of Official Playstation Magazine is now out and the scores have been leaked. Resident Evil 5 got a perfect 5/5. Here's a little bit of what the reviewer thought.

“RE5 isn’t about solitary frights in the dark anymore. It’s about hyper-intense, adrenaline-fueled, partner-focused action.

It takes the co-op experience to a new level and reinvigorates the survival horror genre.

While Resident evil 5 still resists conversion to a pure shooter mechanism, you can now strafe, and while panning with your weapon isn’t exactly fast, it’s no longer insufferably slow.

Some control peculiarities (from RE4) do remain (in RE5) such as the inability to walk or run while firing your weapon.

The overall effect of the new control refinements is a smoother, less frustrating play experience without the robotic movements that have been a hallmark of the series for most of its existence. But if you’re still resistant to change, there’s a wide latitude of control setup options that will let you tune in a good amount of the traditional Resident Evil control feel.”
    Resident Evil 5 OPM Review
    Last edited by A-J; 02-01-2009, 06:54 AM.

RE5 isn’t about solitary frights in the dark anymore. It’s about hyper-intense, adrenaline-fueled, partner-focused action.

*dies*

Comment

Yeah that sucks pretty much everything I feared about this game was just confirmed. I belive the Re fans asked for more story less Leon dont belive we asked for babysiting Co-op play. My biggest down about this game is the co-op I wont lie it great to have but how hard would it be to also make a single player mode. Do we really need Sheva there 24/7. She just gets in the way and dies ALL THE TIME. If your Psn network is anything like mine you dont have the joys of playing a jetlag free online. So I gotta decide between a suicidal a.i. partner or a jittering disappearing disconnected online buddy. Oh the fun.

Comment

Some control peculiarities (from RE4) do remain (in RE5) such as the inability to walk or run while firing your weapon.
        Will they ever fucking stop complaining about this bullshit non-issue? This is not Gears of War or any other action game.

She just gets in the way and dies ALL THE TIME.
        You're doing something wrong. Sheva has only ever died for me in the demo once and only because of my own blunder of frantically moving into a tight space where she couldn't get passed and having the chainsaw Majini come up and lop off her heard.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Review pretty much confirms what we all expected and saw coming. Still, I'm psyched as hell. Though I would adore for some older RE traits to make a comeback in 5, it's going to be amazing anyway.

Comment

You're doing something wrong.
            I aint doing nothing wrong just blocking Sheva in till the last possible second then running past chainsaw man and he takes her head off. Its really strange how it keeps happening to her. (Does evil laugh) Muahahaha!!

Comment

Without Mikami onboard I worried that this game was not going to reach the heights of Re4. I imagined that it would be a good title but not great and maybe earning lots of 7-8's...good to see at least initially opinion seems excellent with two perfect reviews. The wait is almost over and it looks like it was worth it!

Comment

Another good review.

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                You're doing something wrong. Sheva has only ever died for me in the demo once
                Same here. Actually the only time she died was when I called her for help and we ended up getting killed by the executioner.
                sigpic

Comment

New controls? Good. The fact that isn't completely an action game. Meh. Don't want action, want scares. And while those are not mutually exclusive (Hi BioShock, please stop giving me nightmares) it doesn't seem like Capcom can do the two at the same time. Action or horror but not both.

Comment

nice 5/5! Biohazard 5 rocks!

About Sheva's IA, I think that's good, but before saying "long live to Sheva's IA" I wanna see her in action during a boss fight... El Gigante for example

Comment

A review? The game is not out yet. What did they review? The demo?

Comment

great awesome amazing
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Magazines get early but relatively complete builds before release so they can review the game. It might not include the all the cutscenes, for example, or have a couple of glitches but otherwise it's the complete game.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            New controls? Good. The fact that isn't completely an action game. Meh. Don't want action, want scares. And while those are not mutually exclusive (Hi BioShock, please stop giving me nightmares) it doesn't seem like Capcom can do the two at the same time. Action or horror but not both.
                            BioShock was scary?

Comment

The overall effect of the new control refinements is a smoother, less frustrating play experience without the robotic movements that have been a hallmark of the series for most of its existence.
                              And Resident Evil 4 was any less robotic how exactly?

Comment

Working...
                              X