The OXM Report - New Features in Resident Evil 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OXM Report - New Features in Resident Evil 5

For those with access to X-Box Live, the latest edition of "The OXM Report" covers the recent Las Vegas event where Capcom was demoing a new area from Resident Evil 5. Speaking with Mike Webster from Capcom, Webster states that the new "Action" control scheme will allow players to move and shoot at the same time. It is uncertain at this time whether he is simply mistaken or if this is a new feature that will be added to the final game.

The video also shows new footage of the demo, including the situational cover system that was described in a recent THIA podcast and is a returning feature from Resident Evil 4.

*UPDATE*

It has been confirmed through various sources (Chris Kramer, early reviews, etc.) that Mike Webster was indeed mistaken when he said players would be able to move and shoot simultaneously using the Action controls. Thank you to both aris13 and Umon Daisuke for the correction.

*END UPDATE*
    Last edited by Archelon; 02-01-2009, 11:24 AM.

Webster is wrong. Chris Kramer recently said that there is no shoot and run in RE 5.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
      Webster is wrong. Chris Kramer recently said that there is no shoot and run in RE 5.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69...Interview.html
      I did find it odd that this is the second time Webster has claimed you can move and shoot at the same time when all the other sources say you can't. The first time he mentioned it was on X-Play on G4.
      Last edited by Archelon; 02-01-2009, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Chrs Kramer also has said that Barry was killed by Tyrant, so...

I wouldn't be surprised if that was true (about moving & shooting in the "action" scheme), especially after seeing lots western gamers whining about not being able to move and shoot at the same time.
        Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 02-01-2009, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
          Chrs Kramer also has said that Barry was killed by Tyrant, so...
          OK he doesn't know the story of RE 1 but that doesn't make him incapable of knowing the features of the game.
          sigpic

Comment

The early reviews are confirming that the classic stop and shoot is still intact, so it's a closed case.

Adding a File 2 style walk and shoot would be useless as well because of the nature of the gameplay.

Comment

My first news post, and already I fail. XD

Comment

it takes years and years of practice :p

Comment

The messenger won't be shot But you might want to update the post pointing out the discrepancies.

Comment

Did anyone notice the screen in the back of the guy at the end? I think it was Chris ducking behind a wall and shooting. Plus how is this new info? I already knew about coop, action controls, and the release date.

Comment

Did anyone notice the screen in the back of the guy at the end? I think it was Chris ducking behind a wall and shooting
                      there will be context sensitive cover moments in the game

Comment

Originally posted by revil5 View Post
                        Did anyone notice the screen in the back of the guy at the end? I think it was Chris ducking behind a wall and shooting.
                        I mentioned that in my original news post.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                          I mentioned that in my original news post.
                          I'm just saying did anyone see that. Not to say who said it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
                            Adding a File 2 style walk and shoot would be useless as well because of the nature of the gameplay.
                            But at least it would make all those whiny "whaat? I can't shoot and move in an action game" type of gamers to finally shut up :/.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                              But at least it would make all those whiny "whaat? I can't shoot and move in an action game" type of gamers to finally shut up :/.
                              And that, in turn, would give all of the so-called "hardcore" fans something else to whine about. It's pretty much lose-lose.

Comment

Working...
                              X