No announcement yet.

Biohazard 5 Demo Up on Japanese Playstation Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have the 360 demo personally, and the shanty town level I played at 720p offline had tearing but no hitches. I'm taking Dot's word on the existence of some hitches; I'd assume they'd be in the public assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by ganado View Post
      Ugh the frame-rate...
      Thats the first thing I noticed. They had better fix that before the games release

Comment

There are noticeably more jaggies in the PS3 demo, but they're hardly a dealbreaker. You only really notice them when you're standing still. The PS3 version seems to be a bit brighter than the 360 one, on the other hand.

Geez, this is the kind of stuff I would have never picked up on before I started frequenting neogaf. *headdesk*

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
          I don't have the 360 demo personally, and the shanty town level I played at 720p offline had tearing but no hitches. I'm taking Dot's word on the existence of some hitches; I'd assume they'd be in the public assembly.
          The only thing I've encounterd has been the screen tear in 1080, nothing else I've experianced out of that on the 360 version. Luckily these are just early builds so I'm positive everything will be sorted.

Comment

Just downloaded and played my first game. Went with Shanty Town, since it's slower paced than Assembly, and I can get used to the controls (went with Type D).

I'd say they're on a start to going back to "Survival Horror". By the time we got to the Chainsaw Dude, we were struggling for ammo. I wish I had a mic so I could tell my partner I couldn't shoot the barrels...but then we found some rifle ammo (4 shots) and by miracle, we got him =D

Apparently, the guy I played with got his head cut off last round, and this was his revenge...=)

BTW, is there any way to keyboard chat? But I'll buy a mic, I promise...

Comment

Its out in the US now (and Europe for a few hours, if you didn't notice). They all seem to have different icons for the game, so perhaps thats a hint that they might have some slight changes? Who knows.

Comment

Is the USA demo censored like the Japan demo? I haven't gotten killed by the Chainsaw Majini yet so.

Comment

Im playing the Europe one at the moment. I just had a crash, where you trigger the Chainsaw guy. I also never saw any kind of NOW LOADING in the bottom right corner in the JPN version, so this may indeed be an updated build. Gonna check more into it.

Comment

There is a loading icon in the PSN JPN demo. Seems that this is a merely updated version of the same build because the frame rate issues stand.

In the US demo's shanty town, enemy AI is a bit different and so is their placements (a crossbow wielder hits Chris as he's covering Sheva for example) . Not exactly harder, just different. Also, I noticed that ammo isn't as plentiful.

Edit: Dot, weren't you on my PSN list? I remember playing Burnout with you once.
                    Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 02-02-2009, 01:24 PM.

Comment

So, finally last night I got to play this baby! (after working all the previous night and not sleeping for 30 odd hours)
                      I'll leave my impressions in that 'other thread' but I'm liking it... a lot!
                      As for the controls: Type A is the exact same button layout as Bio4. Bio4 PS2 was the last version of RE4 I've been playing, so no probs for me.

I read that the demo on the Aus store, which I assume is the same one on the Euro store, is also 942mb. So it is exactly the same? (Besides having Resident Evil on the title screen).
                      What is the exact size of the US demo?
                      Can anyone confirm any differences between the Jap/US/Euro demos?

I'll probably download one of the RE ones just for my collection (got a 320gig HDD).

Comment

I dunno I like the 360 version better. It has more detail than PS3. But oh well, I preordered the pS3 version. And in response to Umon, Dot is not on my PSN list no more either. He erased us.

Comment

There is a limit to how many people you can add and also I'd assume Dot kept getting bugged by people to play other games each time he was online. I did the same with people locally in GTA4, so I deleted them. To be honest I hadn't noticed if Dot had dropped me off his PSN or not. :p

Comment

Working...
                          X