No announcement yet.

Biohazard 5 Interview Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course questions will be combined if applicable, I'm not looking for suggestions. If you would like to post a question for the creators however please do. More to choose from can only be a good thing.
    Originally posted by Krispy View Post
    Shouldn't we wait to formulate the questions we want to ask until after the game comes out? Otherwise we are just guessing about what we want to ask when we don't even know what is there. Which is stupid.
    Which is why the post says there will be a thread to formulate post-release questions after the game hits. For now, just five questions about Biohazard 5 before it releases. There are two interviews, this thread is for the first part only.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
      ONE QUESTION:

Are the previously talked of features, heat/cold, aiming problems, and the like still going to end up in the final edition or are some of them really scrapped like it was said last year? Need a confirmation.
      That was a mis translation. We posted about it a lonnngg time ago.

Comment

I would like to ask if any of the characters rumoured to be in the Mercenaries mini game are going to be a part of a sixth RE game.

Comment

I wonder if we can get away with writting a decent paragraph for the creators to read about the old and new direction, and their thoughts about the true survival genre with the current looks of it today?

Comment

Originally posted by ganado View Post
            I wonder if we can get away with writting a decent paragraph for the creators to read about the old and new direction, and their thoughts about the true survival genre with the current looks of it today?
            That's a really good question. I'd be interested in finding out what they consider "true" survival horror. What is it, in their opinion, that constitutes a survival horror experience? While no one will argue both RE4 and RE5 are much more action focused than their predecessors, the developers have stated on countless occasions that they still consider these two games survival horror games.

What is it that sets RE4 and RE5 apart from other third person shooters? I mean more in regards to design philosophy rather than the obvious such as the inability to move and shoot at the same time. What still keeps these two games grounded within the survival horror genre as they see it? And since they still consider both games survival horror, at what point would future titles in the series cease to be survival horror?

Would it be simply if they added the ability to move and shoot at the same time? Or is it the legacy of the series that they feel keeps the games within the boundaries of what is considered survival horror by them? What really sets RE apart from other survival horror titles like Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, Siren, etc, but also what does it still hold in common with those other titles? Or do the developers even see anything in common with those other titles at all? Would they consider those other titles survival horror in the same sense that they consider RE?

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
              That's a really good question. I'd be interested in finding out what they consider "true" survival horror. What is it, in their opinion, that constitutes a survival horror experience? While no one will argue both RE4 and RE5 are much more action focused than their predecessors, the developers have stated on countless occasions that they still consider these two games survival horror games.

What is it that sets RE4 and RE5 apart from other third person shooters? I mean more in regards to design philosophy rather than the obvious such as the inability to move and shoot at the same time. What still keeps these two games grounded within the survival horror genre as they see it? And since they still consider both games survival horror, at what point would future titles in the series cease to be survival horror?

Would it be simply if they added the ability to move and shoot at the same time? Or is it the legacy of the series that they feel keeps the games within the boundaries of what is considered survival horror by them? What really sets RE apart from other survival horror titles like Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, Siren, etc, but also what does it still hold in common with those other titles? Or do the developers even see anything in common with those other titles at all? Would they consider those other titles survival horror in the same sense that they consider RE?
              Well this is the best chance we can ever get to actually round up some good questions, from old fans in particular, and grab them by the balls, so to speak. It wouldn't hurt for all of us to think of a decent paragraph to send to them so they could reply to (could be just one question to fill, or none, but I am sure they would be happy to hear and acknowledge from the fans) us so we can image the direction they would go directly, and see if they will consider some old elements for future use. It’s the perfect opportunity.

Comment

RE Remake 2 with RE4 camera
                *clenches fist*

I'd rather ask a development question. Then after the game comes out, bombard them with plot questions.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I got two questions...will we see more classic characters return besides Chris and Wesker?
                  and Will there be another playable character besides Chris(like how past REs had atleast two playable characters)

Comment

I think it's important to not focus on story elements before the game is available since many questions will probably be answered by just playing through the whole game.

A question I'd like to see is about the evolution of the notion of survival-horror up to Resident Evil 5. Someting along the lines of : " For more than a decade, the Resident Evil series frightened gamers. What started as a mansion incident soon grew to something very complex, from Umbrella to Tri-CELL. Developers created a unique survival-horror game with characters who have their own little stories. Speaking of survival and horror, many fans are wondering if the definition evolved within the different entries of this series. Back then, we had dogs jumping through windows (!) and Tyrant destroying walls to get to you. With RE5, it seems horror is left over and overtaken by action-tension, which is created mostly from the sheer number of monsters attacking you from all angles or their danger factor (threat) rather than the atmosphere. You already said your game is a survival-horror one, but it would be nice to know what exactly it means for you and your team, and how it is different from past entries and other similar games like Dead Space or even the Obscure series."

I would then ask a question about how they built RE5 : " After the worldwide success that is called Resident Evil 4 (GC, PS2, PC, Wii), it's no doubt CAPCOM had a lot of pressure to build something better or at least as good as the quality of this production. The story elements about the location, tri-CELL, why Wesker is there, was that Spencer? is that Jill? will all probably all be answered withing the story but it would be nice to know how developers tackled this huge project, how it started without Mikami on board and what kind of challenges surfaced meanwhile. "

Now that we have a question about the philosophy of the game to how it was built, I would come up with a question from a level design point of view : " Judging by the demo, Biohazard 5 allows players to engage their objectives in many different ways. This encourages strategy, replayability and exploration to find 'safe' spots or at least escape routes. Things like breakable walls gave us a Biohazard 2 scenario B feel and we would like to know how designers came up with the level design, from the various paths to the interactive parts. Is the demo any indication to the amount of interactivity we will find by playing your game or will players be faced with even more complex interactive mechanisms, shortcuts and alternate events? "

Once this is covered, I'd go with a more difficult-to-answer one : " Let's say Resident Evil 5 has another name. Let's call it Zombie Legion or, if you prefer, Parasite Kingdom. Both are absurd but that's not the point. Do you think people would appreciate your game as much? Many people think Biohazard 5 success will be helped by its strong name and many were turned off by the controls with no 'Gears of War' run & shoot mechanic. These same players probably never played your older games (shame on them!) and won't buy the new one while purists say controls are fine. The truth is somewhere between the two, don't you agree? But what we want to know is, do you still feel Resident Evil is...Resident Evil or could you easily slap a new name on it and go from there? You already said in a previous interview how new players don't even have to know about Biohazard...because it's not really Biohazard?"

For my final question : " You know, Resident Evil 5 will sell decently. It's a fact and I could bet my tights (not that I actually wear some) on this. One thing though is it *seems* CAPCOM never reads what their fans have to say. How many times did I see petitions or discussions about an older Biohazard remake (like REbirth for GameCube) which never happens? You know there's a market for it, be it on Playstation Network (PSN), Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) or WiiWare (gasp). Even full fledged releases would turn in a profit. Fans cried to have the 'ghost' version of Resident Evil 4 and you never answered with it being an unlockable, nor Resident Evil 1.5 (if it's possible!) on a special bonus disc with RE5, that would kick ass. Instead, we have the same bonuses entry after entry, it's like a time warp. So, in other words, do you CARE, READ and actually ACT upon your community's suggestions, ideas and requests? And please include a clear response about the old Biohazard 4 build or Biohazard 1.5 possibility as extras. "

Bonus question (because PR departmenent has nothing else to do!) : " Please say Hunk is in this game "

Comment

I'm guessing that any questions relating to plot and spoilers will be answered, but not satisfactorily. They will say something along the lines of "You'll have to wait to play the game". I think asking any questions relating to Bird-woman, Jill's fate, Wesker's fate, would be a total waste.
                      Even though this is a prize, it doesn't mean that Capcom would reveal anything they otherwise wouldn't have. They haven't drafted a huge advertising budget to give away all the suprises in a 10 question interview...

So I think the questions should revolve around the development of the game - questions they will answer, and will reveal information that wouldn't have been known had the questions not been asked.

The only question I can think of that I'd like answered is "What was the biggest challenge in creating Biohazard 5?". And possibly the follow up "Is this why it took 4 years to create the game?"

And of course, the final question I want answered is "Where is HCF?"
                      Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

My question:

Are there any plans or interest in a future Biohazard game to have 2 selectable main player characters with branching plot paths and multiple endings like the first couple of games had?
                        sigpic

Comment

I think this thread should be stickied because it's pretty important that we get as many users as possible to have Capcom with plenty of questions to choose from.

Comment

Forgive me if any of you disagree, but with Biohazard 5 less than a month away I think the pre-game interview would be a waste of time. In the end it'd be out a few days prior to the games release. Not only would post-game questions be more interesting, we'll definitely have more of them and they won't be answered three days later by the games release. Many questions will arise when playing through the game concerning story, developement, mechanical choices and even the future of the series. For the questions that do meet criteria yet, they can be re-posted within the new thread. I'm sorry if this inconvinienced anyone, though I'm sure you understand my point. It'll be much more fun this way.

Comment

Working...
                            X