Resident Evil 5 Demo Sets New XBL Download Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Demo Sets New XBL Download Record

Resident Evil 5 sets its first record, Capcom and Microsoft just announced that the western Xbox 360 demo for Resident Evil 5 was downloaded 1.8 million times in the week following its January 26 release, setting a new Xbox Live download record and beating out the previous record holder for the most downloads in a one-week period, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

After two 5/5 reviews and its Xbox Live download record Resident Evil 5 seems to be definitely in the running for game of the year 2009. Have you ever had any doubts about it? Not here!
    And now go out and grab the demo available worldwide starting from today on the Playstation Network.

Xbox 360 Press - GameScoreBlog via Joystiq.com

Awesome. Go on to sell well RE5!

Comment

Nice to know. Now I can tell my friend the news.

Comment

I think it's just because this is the biggest game to ever have a demo on XBL. Gears of War 1 & 2, Halo 3, Fable 2, GTA IV were all big name games that didn't think they needed a demo. I think This is the best way to get people in to the game, and hopefully this will get sales up drastically. The Game Stop in my town dosen't think they'll have a midnight release because pre-orders are too low.

I don't buy games at full price if I haven't played a demo. I want to play Gears of War, but I'm not going to spend 45 dollars for it, unless I know I like it. I hope the demo's 1,800,000 downloads, and hopefully higher sales, teaches Microsoft that this is important to the consumer.

This game is going to be big. I remember back when RE4 was coming out, it wasn't hyped up as much as it should have been, and it won game of the year, and billions of other awards. It's on IGN's top 10 games of all time. And RE4 had the best graphics of any last-gen game, and the best over all quality. And from what we've seen so far, RE5 has much bigger and better game than RE4, and we haven't even seen half of it.
        Last edited by Beef_jerky_yo; 02-02-2009, 06:17 PM.

Comment

All I see on the net is people bitching about the controls, bashing RE5 because you can't run and shoot.

Frankly, I don't give a damn but it seems the demo has turned many people off.

Comment

Working...
          X