Interviews with Allan Groves, Irving's Mocap and Voice Actor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interviews with Allan Groves, Irving's Mocap and Voice Actor

Our friends over at Resident Evil Center and Resident Evil Realm have both posted interviews with Allan Groves, the motion capture and voice actor for the character Ricardo Irving from Resident Evil 5. You may remember him from the E3 2008 trailer: "Splendid timing! Yous two are just in time for the fireworks show! BOOOOM!"

The interviews are brief, but nevertheless interesting, reads worth your attention.

Via Resident Evil Center

Via Resident Evil Realm
    Last edited by Archelon; 02-04-2009, 03:15 PM.

Allan seems to be a big fan.

RER: Will you play Resident Evil 5 ? How do you feel seeing “yourself” into a videogame ?

Allan Groves : Of course! It's pretty freaking sweet. I remember playing the first resident evil when it first came out. I would turn off all the lights, turn up the volume really loud on my stereo and scare the crap out of my self. Ahhh... those were the days.
    Haha, sounds like he was getting all nostalgic then!

He seemed to initally go against Spoiler:

Comment

In case anyone is wondering why I removed Sunglasses' name from the post, he asked me to.

Comment

Mike you're interview is a bit... spoilerific! damn you

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
          http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...postcount=1253

It's nowhere near as spoilerific as REHorror's.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Spencer View Post
            Allan Groves : Of course! It's pretty freaking sweet. I remember playing the first resident evil when it first came out. I would turn off all the lights, turn up the volume really loud on my stereo and scare the crap out of my self. Ahhh... those were the days.
            Irving: Uv CAWSE! It's pretty FREAKIN' sweet! I remembaz playin' the first Resident EE-VUL when it first came out! I would turn of all the lightsez, turn up the VAWLYOOM really loud on my stereo and SCAYA the crap outta myself! Ahh...those were the dayzzz.

Comment

@Archelon
              I dunno, I made a promise to myself. I'm not going to visit that website until the RE5 release data. I've no problem with DaMa and Co. but when the do something there is always a spoiler or something dangerous in it... so reH stay away from me!

Comment

WOW the voice actor looks exactly like Irving.
                sigpic

Comment

because he's motion capture actor too
                  Spoiler:

Comment

THAT little wussy is "Irving"? And here I thought Irving was some mysterious character we haven't even seen yet.

Have to say though, the actor looks MUCH better than the character.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                      because he's motion capture actor too
                      Motion Capture isn't always phhysical appearance though, sometimes they use them just for movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis556 View Post
                        Motion Capture isn't always phhysical appearance though, sometimes they use them just for movement.

Like Andy Serkis and the King Kong.
                        sigpic

Comment

No, he didn't look too much like King Kong...but he did look A LOT like Bohan in Heavenly Sword.

And...eh hem...it goes without saying...

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
                            http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...postcount=1253

I've seen all three interviews, and Allan has repeated the phrase: "I am going to give you a real ass-kicking" haha!!

It is a good guy, he likes the pick and roll of Utah Jazz!

Comment

Working...
                            X