Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Update* RE5 : No L.E. for Australia + Canadian GameStop Offering Gaming Guarantee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Update* RE5 : No L.E. for Australia + Canadian GameStop Offering Gaming Guarantee

Sad news for our Australian users, according to Button Masher it seems the Australian Capcom distributor (Red Ant) will not be bringing any kind of Limited Edition to Australia or New Zealand.

No RE5 Limited Edition for Australia or New Zeland @Button Masher

And a good news for our Canadian users (for those who are still sceptical about RE5), in fact Games On Smash reports that GameStops across Canada are so confident that you will love Resident Evil 5 that they will offer to buy the game back from you in whole within 7 days of purchase if you decide you no longer want to keep it.

GameStop Offering “Gaming Guarantee” with RE5 @Games On Smash

***UPDATE***

Good news folks, forget everything I previously said about the RE5 L.E., no matter (if) Red Ant has been replaced by THQ as Australian Capcom distributor, in fact, Christian Svensson from Capcom US confirmed that Capcom Europe will release a RE5 Collector's Edition in Australia/NZ.
    I've confirmed with our European team, RE Collectors edition will DEFINITELY be sold in Australia/NZ.
    RE5 Collector's Edition confirmed via Capcom-Unity

***END UPDATE***
    Last edited by Sunglasses; 02-09-2009, 06:58 AM.

I'd assume the Red Ant thing has a lot to do with it, I'm not even sure who is distributing the game here anymore. I'm going to be annoyed if they try charging $140.00 here still.

Maybe I should import the US version now. I'd end up paying just a little more than the standard cost if they do charge $140 for it.
    Last edited by Rombie; 02-05-2009, 07:36 AM.

Comment

And a good news for our Canadian users (for those who are still sceptical about RE5), in fact Games On Smash reports that GameStops across Canada are so confident that you will love Resident Evil 5 that they will offer to buy the game back from you in whole within 7 days of purchase if you decide you no longer want to keep it, but the offer only stand for those who pre-order the game.
      EBGames in Australia offer that to you anyway, and you don't need to pre-order either. >_>

As for what Sunglasses said, Red Ant aren't around anymore and aren't distributing Resident Evil 5 either. I actually had some information given to me today that another company has taken over the reigns. Not sure if this should be posted as news here, if it should be, I'll gladly let someone else do it (The source is very very reliable).
      Last edited by James; 02-05-2009, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Strike that. If I was to go all out and get the collectors edition from the US... it would cost me almost $240.00NZD at the current exchange rates... so $100 more than the maximum local costs. Even the standard version is around the $180-90 mark.

Comment

@Nemesis556
          About the Red Ant/THQ mess, 15days ago Red Ant was still Capcom's distributor for Australia

But you're source seems very reliable, I really dunno.... maybe we have to wait the official statement from Capcom.
          Anyway, i'm going to ask Sven clarification about the whole issue.

Comment

That's interesting because I've seen things here within the "industry" to suggest otherwise as well.

Regardless, we'll see later.
            Last edited by James; 02-05-2009, 08:40 AM.

Comment

It all seems up in the air at the moment. I am taking solace that at least EB games here will be getting the Limited Edition Guidebook at least like everywhere else, but I was kind of hoping for a C.E game too, if only for the making of dvd supplemental material. All I keep getting is from my local EB boutique is ' keep checking back with us '.

Comment

Sven from Capcom-Unity wrote:
                "There's 3 questions here, and unfortunately I'm going to have to be cagey on two of them for legal reasons, and wishy washy on the third because I don't know the definitive answer and I'm not terribly fond of speaking on behalf of Capcom Entertainment Europe (I know, consumers don't really see a distinction, but internally, it's better if CEE speaks on these issues).

There have been questions about RA for a while. You can search these boards for details.

On THQ, again, there have been questions about RA for a while. You can search these boards for details.

All we have said on the matters of Australia distribution is that we aren't expecting any delays in the delivery of our products (SFIV or RE5 or Dead Rising CTYD) in that territory, which obviously means, someone is handling distribution and marketing.

On the question of an RE5 CE, our European group definitely has one, and to the best of my knowlege, it had plans to distribute that SKU in all of its territories. That said, the plan could have changed, so I don't know the definitive answer. I'll see if I can't get someone from our European group to give a better answer than I have."
                Waiting for response from Capcom Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
                  Sven from Capcom-Unity wrote:

Waiting for response from Capcom Europe.
                  So we still may get the S.E version of the game in Australia. Seems like they are cutting it a bit fine with time of release looming so closely.

Comment

RE5 Collector's Edition for Australia/NZ confirmed!

Comment

Working...
                    X