IGN Resident Evil 5 Preview - "The First Half"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN Resident Evil 5 Preview - "The First Half"

IGN has posted a new hands-on preview with the first three chapters of Resident Evil 5 which comprise approximately the first half of the game. The preview is relatively spoiler-free, but it does include some new bits of information that have not been discussed before now. Perhaps most notable is the revelation that, before you can purchase a new weapon to add to your arsenal, you must first find said weapon in an area during gameplay to unlock it.

For this and more, head on over to IGN.

This is why I hope there's lots of opportunity for exploration. If the majority of the stages are like Public Assembly, constant action and constant running and gunning, I'll be disappointed. If there are more like Shanty Town where you actually get a chance to breathe, walk around, break boxes and look for items, then I'll be a lot happier.
    Last edited by Vector; 02-05-2009, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
      This is why I hope there's lots of opportunity for exploration. If the majority of the stages are like Public Assembly, constant action and constant running and gunning, I'll be disappointed. If there are more like Shanty Town where you actually get a chance to breathe, walk around, break boxes and look for items, then I'll be a lot happier.
      I'm quite confident most of the game will be like Shanty Town, where you have exploration and combat that compliment each other.

Comment

Ditto. I'm sure Shanty Town is closer to the feel of the majority of the game. If most of the game was like Public Assembly it'd be exhausting.

Comment

The levels we have seen certainly look huge enough to enable exploration and finding new weapons and ammunition and even collectables to earn trophies. My guess is the hordes are supposed to throw you off wanting to explore the place, but once you mow through them and get around to the little corners and hidden alleys THAT is where you find all the good stuff imo.

Comment

Working...
          X