No announcement yet.

GamePro Germany Resident Evil 5 Video Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But it doesn't automatically pull out cover confirmed fullgame either. If the article got some things true doesn't make it all things true; it certainly doesn't make assumed being true but cover confirmed out either.

Of course, in the end, it comes down to different beliefs, and ultimately, the actual confirmations.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
      It also said the game would have a God Hand-style dodge mechanic, which it doesn't, and Jun Takeuchi himself even came out and said it was never something they even considered.

People saw Chris and Sheva together in the same trailer and automatically assumed there would be online co-op. We see Chris dodging attacks in the first trailer, and several people figured the game would use a God Hand-style dodge mechanic to make up for the inability to move and shoot at the same time. People assumed Wesker would be in it, because Chris was in it, and so the article "confirmed" that Wesker was in it. The same goes for Sherry Birkin.

The fact that some of these things turned out to be true is nothing more than coincidence. We'll have to wait and see if it was "right" about Sherry, though.
      Not exactly. That leaked article came out before Sheva was revealed. It also mentioned Mercenaries and co-op Mercs, which will almost certainly be in the game. The article also mentioned a volcano has importance in the story, and while we're not allowed to talk specifically about the data hacked from the demo, the volcano stuff looks to be accurate as well. Also, there were other mechanics that were meant to be in the game but didn't make it, such as the heat exhaustion/light and shadow mechanic. A lot has changed about RE5 since the E3 2007 trailer, and the dodge mechanic was likely one of them.
      Last edited by LVL100 Merchant; 02-06-2009, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Cool video, it shows off a lot of the areas we have seen lately, just wish I paid attention in German glass.

Comment

Originally posted by LVL100 Merchant View Post
          Not exactly. That leaked article came out before Sheva was revealed.
          The article was released shortly after the CAPTIVATE 08 trailer was released, not before.

The article also mentioned a volcano has importance in the story, and while we're not allowed to talk specifically about the data hacked from the demo, the volcano stuff looks to be accurate as well.
          The article stated that the parasites were released by volcanic activity, which we now know is false, because the parasites did not originate in Africa. They were brought there by Wesker/Tricell.

Also, there were other mechanics that were meant to be in the game but didn't make it, such as the heat exhaustion/light and shadow mechanic. A lot has changed about RE5 since the E3 2007 trailer, and the dodge mechanic was likely one of them.
          There never was supposed to be a heat exhaustion mechanic. It was a mistranslation. Takeuchi said so himself. And Takeuchi also said there was never a dodge mechanic to begin with. It wasn't there from the beginning but taken out later.

Comment

The article was released shortly after the CAPTIVATE 08 trailer was released, not before.

The article stated that the parasites were released by volcanic activity, which we now know is false, because the parasites did not originate in Africa. They were brought there by Wesker/Tricell.

There never was supposed to be a heat exhaustion mechanic. It was a mistranslation. Takeuchi said so himself. And Takeuchi also said there was never a dodge mechanic to begin with. It wasn't there from the beginning but taken out later.
            I'm quite sure the article surfaced before the Captivate 08 trailer. Besides, even with Sheva's reveal I never saw anyone deduct the possibility of co-op from that trailer just because of her, especially since the gameplay featured in that trailer didn't display co-op and in fact, didn't show Sheva in gameplay at all.

Also, unless you have sources to back up your claims, we don't know for sure Wesker and Tri-Cell are responsible for the parasitic outbreak in RE5. Although the Las Plagas were in notSpain in RE4, that doesn't mean similar parasites couldn't have been in other places in the world. Maybe that's why Wesker was actually in Africa in the first place; to investigate the Las Plagas outbreak and obtain a sample for himself since Ada boned him in RE4.

The heat exhaustion may have been a mistranslation, but the light/shadow contrast mechanic was not and never saw the light of day (no pun intended). You can see it in the 07 E3 trailer when Chris enters the building where he sees someone getting forcibly infected; the way the screen adjusts from the light to the darkness. This was meant to be included in the game but was scrapped. Things about RE5 have altered since its earlier showings. I know Takeuchi said a dodge mechanic was never considered, but judging from the footage of the 07 trailer I find that hard to be believe, unless there were going to be on screen dodge prompts for normal enemy attacks.

Comment

I wish I could understand what they were saying but still Chris can know cover and attack what's nexted?

Comment

cover was in re4 too, so it's nothing new
                Last edited by Dark_Chris; 02-07-2009, 04:46 PM.
                Spoiler:

Comment

No. Nothing says Wesker/Tricell released the virus. NOTHING. And yes, there was supposed to be a heat mechanic. Takeuchi never said it was a mistranslation, he confirmed it taken out with the statement "We don't want players confused; what to fight, the enemies or the heat?" so they took it out.
                  Last edited by ElusionM; 02-07-2009, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Here, proof:

Not only is it posted on this very site, but it was BEFORE the Captivate08 trailer too:

The site's news archive. You can post comments about each news post here.

Comment

Oh snap.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                        Here, proof:

Not only is it posted on this very site, but it was BEFORE the Captivate08 trailer too:

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1865
                        That's the article to which I've been referring all this time. o.O

And while I was apparently mistaken about it being released after the CAPTIVATE trailer, you have to remember that Sheva was revealed in Famitsu before the CAPTIVATE trailer was shown. This article was released after the Famitsu issue that revealed Sheva.

And if you look at the screenshots, you'll see where they got the idea of cover from. One of the screenshots shows Chris with his back against the wall, but this is from a cutscene, not gameplay. The making of video Biohaze posted from Tokyo Game Show shows that very scene.

Also, this article says you'll have to protect a helpless young girl (and I'd bet money that they're referring to Allyson who we can clearly see in one of the screenshots) like Ashley in RE4. However, we also know that this is not true, thanks to several recent previews which revealed Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                          yeah, the taking cover at contextual prompts was in some scans and stuff before too..

so who's up for adding english subtitles on this baby ? :p
                          the most important stuff at least:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Thanks man. Nice one.
                            sigpic

Comment

Man, those dogs look awesome, apparently there will be a number of different breeds, and Hyenas mixed in too boot, they look fast..im liking these guys for sure.

This review gave me alot of hope, i understadn that this game will focus more on the stress building and intensity, which im fine with, in fact i like, but it also said the game gets much harder and much scarier and horror filled after the firts half. Thats promising indeed. As well, the mention of a lab is alays good in a Resi game

Plus, they labeled it as a true contetnder for the Best Action game ever created...Repeat: Best Action game ever. If that doesnt put it up there for GOTY, then im astounded, and if it doesnt win, then the best Shooter or ROG ever must also come out this year.

93% is an amazing score, and nothing to scoff at, but i would have thought closer to perfect for the Best Action game ever would have been more suited
                              Oh well, that reveiw was awesome, and im eager to see how the otehrs correlate with their views, looks awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X