Progress On The Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress On The Site

Hey people, haven't been around these parts in quite a while. Progress on the site is moving slowly, although, it is still moving and to keep you all up on what's getting done... I've got everything we planned to launch with finalized on my part (Design, images, etc) and I am just waiting on Dot50Cal to get his information together and crank stuff out so we can get these pages up for viewing and move onto each game and post them as they get done.

So you know what will be done... The Features section will be ready with at least 2 features (Dot50Cal has plans to add a ton more and will be able to do so easily now that the design is finished), the downloads will be there in all it's glory (We've got 60gigs to work with and we plan on filling as much as possible). And of course the Resident Evil 1 page will be complete! We plan on moving from game to game and finishing each then posting them for you to view.

In the Resident Evil 1 section you'll find...

• Information page - This will give out background information on the game, reviews from both myself and Dot50Cal. As well as boxshots, release dates, etc.

• Characters page - This will show off character bios with indepth information about the past as well as age, height, bloodtype, specialty and even ingame screenshots.

• Creatures page - This page gives you tactics for combatting each enemy in the game, including the bosses. With details showing where you run into each enemy, the sounds they make (with a soundclip of each so you can hear it for yourself).

• Items page - This will give out item locations (with shots of the map indicating where exactly, acompanied by ingame shots of where it's found) where to use the item (If applicable) and possibly more.

• Documents page - Text describing each file/document found throughout the game as well as locations of each with screenshots of where they are in the game (like items page).

• Screenshots page - Hundreds of screenshots of the game will be here, all viewed through a nice viewer (No bullshit download, no flash, just strictly HTML) all with thumbnails catagorized per page by the user and possibly more.

• Weapons page - Same as the items page with pictures showing where to find the gun, the ammo, etc.

• Secrets page - Any secrets in the game are revealed here (I.E. weapons, costumes, items, etc).

• Cheat Codes page - Any cheat codes are found here, infinite ammo, gameshark, action replay, code breaker, etc.

• Versions page - Very detailed coverage on each version of the game, from the US releases to the Japanese ones. All the systems they were released for, etc.

• Maps page - Pretty basic, though it will show off item locations, room names, enemy locations, cut scene locations, etc, all toggled by the user.

• Soundtracks page - Very simple, each track listed by the album it is on, with track number, name, length, filesize and of course number of downloads

• Wallpapers page - Same idea as the Soundtracks page, but with resolutions supported and a thumbnail preview which if clicked, a medium sized preview in jpeg format.

• Videos page - Same as before, though with descriptions of each video, as well as screenshots of the videos to show you which ones are which without having to read a description and guess.

The above page descriptions will hold true to each game section with some exceptions (If the game has more or less than another) so no worries there, everygame will be covered in full. Anything else you may be wondering about you can contact myself or Dot50Cal via email, aim and what not. Our information can be found on the Contact page if you don't already have it.

Hope to be posting here soon with all that up for you to view!

Aye, really sucks that I got so much stuff going on right now. I gotta run down to a neighboring town to get a monitor back. Hopefully I can finish getting my computer organized soon. Im sure my new Dell 2405 monitor will help with that though Although my new hamster and its unexpected babies are taking a lot of my time away.

Im gonna be disabling some things on the forum as its been behaving rather slowly because of them. Ice, I got some issues with this monitor. It seems like theres a mouse-cursor lag issue which makes it very hard to play well in FPS games. But I've got a few work-arounds that make it somewhat better. Just let it be known that you wont be playing CS the same way if you do get it.

We also need to change the forum icons for the THIA skin. Like the quick reply images, they need to be added and so do the main ones. Colors for em need to be modified as well cause its really clashing with the dark look having a 100% white background with a very white gray border. Some of the images arent made for the topics either, like those goofy "new reply in a thread YOU posted in!" gifs. They have those white "fritters" all over the edges so if you can convert those to THIA like ones that would be nice. Im gonna see about finishing up here organizing tommorow after I get the arcade back up and running with the second monitor.

You talk with dmkf about the screenshots page yet? Also I take it your gonna help me out on the server fee's then since your moving back and all?

Comment

I ordered the monitor on Friday night so it should be here on Monday or Tuesday (hoping Monday, lol). As for the mouse lag thing, I would suspect it would be due to low DPI on our mice. But whatever the case, I'll get used to it. I had to switch a lot of settings for my mouse when I got it last year.

Anyways, yeah I'm moved and at least my computer room is all set. Bedroom is needing some work (Got too much stuff to put away). In the end it's gonna be way nicer here infact. Already my computer room is extremely nice for watching movies in. I'll get some pictures once it's all setup.

Dunno if people were wondering why no more updates were made since the other day when I posted this. I've been going through a somewhat big move (Cross town) but I have way too much junk so it took forever... 7 trips in my parents van and my own car. Took 3 days to get everything done...

Now that I'm paying a lot less rent/bills I will be able to contribute to THIA's server. But yeah, get your ass online Dot...

Comment

Lots of stuffs been going on. An adapter is coming in the mail tommorow thats gonna let me be able to play the arcade two player finally! Plus I got the Dell monitor all packed up and ready to return. Just waiting on them to give me the ok. The lag issue, no matter how used you get to it, your gonna suck bigtime in fps games. Its because of the 60HZ @ 1920x1200. Theres no more bandwidth in the DVI so its not gonna help but heres some fixes I used. It lessened them but it was still too noticable:

Display Properties - Advanced
        Troubleshoot tab, move this from full down one notch. This will make your cursor fuck up in games but it reduces the lag a lot.

Theres an app too, Lemme know if you want it. It changes the mouse refresh speed (for USB mice).

Make a new profile with 100hz for your monitor using nvidia's refresh rate maker in the drivers. It wont run at 100hz or damage the monitor but it makes the mouse refresh faster.

After doing all of these it still didnt help so its going back, and im waiting til someone comes out with a 1920x1200 monitor with a refresh rate of 85hz or higher and 2-4MS response time.

Comment

You guys are hurting my head with this computer talk.

Anyway, good luck on the site. I'm around if you need any help. Though the most constructive thing I could probably do is refresh your beverage.....

Comment

Hahha Shoulda put a GEEKS warning up there eh?

Comment

Dell has the most amazing customer support... If you manage to find the right phone number on their piss-poor web site. You gotta sit through countless automated menu's just to get to talk to someone. Who ends up being across the world and doesn't really speak english (Nothing against anybody, just saying)... That much is rediculous, but wow... I got overnight shipping on the monitor I ordered on the 6th of January... Which was a Friday night at 8pm roughly. So I didn't expect it to go through until monday morning, which it did. Then overnight would be Tuesday right? Nope... They lost my monitor before it left the warehouse. So for some strange reason, it would take overnight to ship IF it wasn't lost. But now that it was lost, it's going to be 5-7 business days before it will get here because they have to 'build' me another monitor... Right... Guess they had one with my name on it to start.

But in anycase, they tried to reemburse me with a 35 dollar DELL coupon... Cause I'm gonna shop Dell again. They'll be lucky if I keep the monitor even. It's going back unless it blows my fucking mind.

Comment

Well, congrats on the progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice[DDZ]
                  Dell has the most amazing customer support... If you manage to find the right phone number on their piss-poor web site. You gotta sit through countless automated menu's just to get to talk to someone. Who ends up being across the world and doesn't really speak english (Nothing against anybody, just saying)... That much is rediculous, but wow... I got overnight shipping on the monitor I ordered on the 6th of January... Which was a Friday night at 8pm roughly. So I didn't expect it to go through until monday morning, which it did. Then overnight would be Tuesday right? Nope... They lost my monitor before it left the warehouse. So for some strange reason, it would take overnight to ship IF it wasn't lost. But now that it was lost, it's going to be 5-7 business days before it will get here because they have to 'build' me another monitor... Right... Guess they had one with my name on it to start.

But in anycase, they tried to reemburse me with a 35 dollar DELL coupon... Cause I'm gonna shop Dell again. They'll be lucky if I keep the monitor even. It's going back unless it blows my fucking mind.
                  If it's coming from the Dell center in Round Rock I can go knock some heads for you.

EDIT: But really, Samsung makes some GREAT monitors, especially flatscreen monitors. I've yet to have a problem with the one I have now (SyncMaster 712n). Great refresh rate and color.
                  Last edited by Ackart The Fox; 01-17-2006, 05:09 PM.

Comment

712n is a great monitar i have owned one for around 2 years with no trouble

Comment

Holy shit it's Jeff. Haven't seen you in ages... Last summer or something? Soon as I get a few days off I'll be down there at John's so you'll have to stop by.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice[DDZ]
                        Holy shit it's Jeff. Haven't seen you in ages... Last summer or something? Soon as I get a few days off I'll be down there at John's so you'll have to stop by.
                        lol, ok... ya it was like september cuz i still had the GTO out lol

Comment

Working...
                        X