UK Official PlayStation Magazine RE5 Review : 8/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Official PlayStation Magazine RE5 Review : 8/10

The latest issue of the UK based Playstation Official Magazine includes a Resident Evil 5 review amongst other things. They awarded the game an 8 our of 10. According to website PS3 Attitude here are some of the interesting points.
    As you would expect, they pick up on the fact that RE5 is all about ‘panicked crisis management’ - balancing your inventory with your immediate requirements as hordes of zombie types try to end your life in unique and interesting ways.

What does come through in the review is how good Sheva’s AI is, but these points are balanced out by the painful inventory management and the poor cover system that ‘all but kills the fun’.
    Resident Evil 5 OPM UK Review

OPM UK have always been rather strict and straight down the middle with their reviews, as opposed to OPM US that seems to throw out tens everywhere, especially for PS3 exclusives.
    See you in hell.

Comment

wow only 8/10 ?!
      Spoiler:

Comment

Not a good rating in my opinion. The reviewers played the whole game or just the first half?
        Last edited by aris13; 02-13-2009, 08:09 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Please, can we nip this in the bud right now? Reviews are subjective to begin with, so they shouldn't matter too much to anyone. But, even more than that, an 8/10 is a great score. Why has the internet gaming community come to the conclusion that anything lower than a 9/10 = Epic Fail!?

Hell, even if the scores were 10/10 across the board almost everyone here has played the demo and knows it plays similar to RE4, so everyone here has already made up their mind whether or not they love the game so reviews shouldn't hold much weight on this forum. They're interesting to read but they should not dictate how one feels about the game.

Comment

So... Do people have an awry sense of what good AI is?? It seems like every review that raves about Sheva's AI is followed by another review that states her AI leaves much to be desired.

From the demo, I never had any problems with her. If anything, I had problems with people on XBL co-op purposely setting me up to die, and the last angle I would see as I'm "dying" is them pointing their gun at my head and shooting at me.

People's intelligence sucks, not Sheva's.

Comment

OPM Italy and OXM Italy gave RE5 respectively 9.5 and 9.3... UK reviewers are a bit tightfisted LOL
              Last edited by Sunglasses; 02-13-2009, 08:39 AM.

Comment

They gave it a lower rating because it wasn't Gears of War.

Amazing.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

^You summed it up nicely.

Comment

Goddamn Brits.

Comment

They gave fear2, skate2, and killzone 2 8/10. I've played the demo of them and they where both far below what Resident Evil 5 is looking up to be. These are the people that gave Little Big Planet 10/10 though so dont worry OPM has always been run by idiots.

Hey dont blame the BRITS! It's soley the ENGLISH!
                      Last edited by P Anderson DIE; 02-13-2009, 11:05 AM.

Comment

8/10 is a very good score. I find it amusing that the reviewers keep disagreeing on what they don't like, but it's nice to see some Sheva praise.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                          Goddamn Brits.
                          Originally posted by P Anderson DIE View Post
                          They gave fear2, skate2, and killzone 2 8/10. I've played the demo of them and they where both far below what Resident Evil 5 is looking up to be. These are the people that gave Little Big Planet 10/10 though so dont worry OPM has always been run by idiots.

Hey dont blame the BRITS! It's soley the ENGLISH!
                          ...yes, insult the eternally angry moderator. That bodes well for your futures. Your short, painful futures.

Honestly, I'd like to read the review before I judge it, but I can see why it might get so low a score. There are a fair few complaints about it out there.

Comment

Out of interest....why is 8/10 a low score?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                              wow only 8/10 ?!
                              What?
                              Since when 8/10 is a bad grade?

Comment

Working...
                              X