Question about early builds of RE4..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about early builds of RE4..

Were playable builds of the DMC version or of the hallucination version ever sent to magazines? Is there even any screenshots of ANYTHING from the DMC version?

It seems the one with the most media made public was from the hallucination version, right? I remember seeing such a long video on it. Was a demo of this sent to magazines? At least this one must have had a fair amount of progress for like 15-20 minutes of gameplay as seen in the video Capcom had released. Were any of the rooms from any of the screenshots or video re-used in the final build of RE4?
    If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Nothing from the DMC version was shown, except art renders which you can see at Survivhor.

AFAIK no press got ahold of any of the beta RE's. If they did, they would have reported on the "latest build". The only ones are most likely in Capcoms Vault.

Comment

Yep, as far as I know, no playable previews ever made its way to any magazines or press. Capcom had a hunch, I speculate, that the version they had may not be used, along with it barely being in anything that seemed like a playable state, aside from a few rooms. As much video as was released, its hard to say how much of it was a staged video, mocked up for that specific event (ala what Bungie did for Halo (2) for e3), and what was playable (though, obvious in some videos that parts were playable). Most of the video and shots come direct from Capcom.

Comment

What was the hallucenation version?

Comment

one where leon supposedly fights hallucenations. Not actual monsters etc

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiian_dragon
            What was the hallucenation version?
            Videos can be seen here..

And two videos for the progenitor virus version of RE4

I'm glad they didn't take either of these routes..hallucination version reminds me too much of Silent Hill and not like RE, and it would be stupid if you died from a hallucination. Progenitor version reminds me too much of Resident Evil Nemesis with that hook dude following you around all the time.
            If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

Oh, you mean the doll looking things?

Comment

Working...
              X