Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
    Spoiler:
    The only problem with that theory is that...

Spoiler:

And I imagine I'm in the minority here, but I have to say I was kinda bummed by that trailer. Capcom promised that this game would tie up a lot of loose ends, but it seems like they're ignoring one of the biggest loose ends remaining in the series, and that's what happened to Sherry.

I was fine with RE4 not answering any questions or tying up any loose ends, because from the beginning, the developers never made any such promises. On several occasions, they even outright stated that RE4's story would have little to nothing to do with the previous games' storylines. So I knew what I was getting into when I started playing it, and that's probably one of the main reasons I wasn't nearly as disappointed by 4's storyline as everyone else.

Comparatively speaking, judging from this recent trailer and the information revealed by people who played the game in London, I fully expect now to be far more disappointed with 5's story than I ever was with 4's. Am I happy to finally see a resolution to the Chris/Wesker feud? Absolutely. But, more than anything, I wanted to find out what happened to Sherry, and it looks like Capcom isn't going to deliver.

I'm sure I'll still love RE5 all the same, but to promise that a game is going to answer a lot of the remaining unanswered questions in the series, and then seemingly completely ignore one of the most obvious only to raise even more questions? Feh.

Comment

• Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Comment

• Thanks revil5 for pointing it out. I think the Bird Lady is not the tube girl after all.

Spoiler:

That is definitely the tube girl from the '07 trailer. I have a good idea of who it is, too...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigG753 View Post
          Thanks revil5 for pointing it out. I think the Bird Lady is not the tube girl after all.

Spoiler:

That is definitely the tube girl from the '07 trailer. I have a good idea of who it is, too...
          Spoiler:

Comment

• I read those same impressions, but what I see tells me otherwise.

I mean, unless Spoiler:
            I don't see why that would make any sense, though.

Comment

I read those same impressions, but what I see tells me otherwise.

I mean, unless Spoiler:
              I don't see why that would make any sense, though.
              Spoiler:

Comment

• I guess we'll find out then. ;)

Comment

I guess we'll find out then. ;)
                  Yep! Only a month away... jeez, can't believe we are so close to release

Comment

• Yeah, it seems like it's been forever. Well, it has been, really.

And for those of us waiting for a true Code Veronica sequel, it's been even longer.

The trailer is amazing. Between this and the "Play God" trailer, I'm really impressed at what Capcom has done. Can't wait!

Comment

• Yeah, I remember all the fuss about RE4 and then suddenly scans about the infamous final version buried all hopes for a decent story. I guess those feelings on most of us were redeemed on TGS 08.

Great to feel this way again for RE!

Comment

• Yeah. Without even playing more than the demo, I can already "confirm" (LOL) that RE5's story will blow RE4's out of the water.

Hell, absolutely nothing could happen in this game, and yet the appearance of Spencer alone makes it awesome.

Comment

• I read your post at IGN Big, I still say tube girl = not Sherry

Takeuchi was asked by the interviewer if she was captured and never rescued, and he said, "yes we can say so". I'm sure it was planned from the beginning to be *you know who*. They would have redone all the voicework, for a name change? Highly unlikely!

Plus, I don't know which other big evidence is the detailed preview from the fan hehe

Comment

• For all I know, the fan drew his own conclusions.

I mean, if the game comes out and Jill now has a new hairstyle, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

Comment

• Spoiler:

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.
                              Good to know lol

Comment

• Originally posted by P Anderson DIE View Post
                                Whoever Birdlady is she is a badass one of my new favorite characters.
                                i agree, even if she's not Jill, Birdlady looks awesome.

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                                What is it with you people? First you bitch about Jill being dead, then when she's confirmed as alive and you have your own way, you THEN complain about her being "evil"?
                                because Evil or Dead, it's changing her character from what it was in the classics.

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                                Oh God, about the aspect of clones...

Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                                Thank you for those comments. I brought this up recently and was blasted for it. Nice to see the broken record is scratching your ears as well. There's fandom, and then there's fanaticism.
                                i take it you have read alll 1027 of my posts? and therefore know everything about me? why are you so obsessive over my opinions?

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                                I have to say, Irving is awesome. This trailer definitely worked wonders for his character.
                                Irving was awesome, he seems like a really cool character, i don't ussually like male characters but Irving could be an exception.

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                                Anyway, this trailer is incredible. Epic, even. And Chris is looking like the heroic goddamn sexual tyrannosaur male lead this series has needed. I love that he is finally getting his due. Nothing beats Wesker -vs- Chris in the RE universe. Nothing.
                                i can think of a few things i find way cooler that a fight between Chris and Wesker, i find there subplot to be quite boring, even though i like Wesker.

i found Wesker to be better when he was Captain Albert Wesker of the STARS team, after that, he wasn't nearly as cool, and then his coolness has continued to decline after that.

Originally posted by P Anderson DIE View Post
                                Yeah this obessing with characters is pathetic but you know what's even more pathetic people obssesing with other people on this forum. We covered this topic let it go.
                                i agree, and im not obsessing over characters, i just enjoy discussing Jill a lot.

Was anyone else blown away by Excella's facial expressions and perfect mouth movements when she's talking on the monitor? That might be the best I've ever seen. And also, the BOOBAGE at 2:00 was pretty gnarly as well.
                                Excella looks amazing in the trailer, and her facial expressions were awesome, i think capcom have done a good job with her, now that Wesker kinda sucks, i wouldn't mind Excella replacing him as series antagonist.

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                                I'm really starting to pity Irving...seems like he's the one of the group they all kick around. I really wish I didn't watch the trailer though...but at the same time I'm glad I did.
                                Irving seems like a brilliant character, i can feel for his emotions and everything, he might become one of my favorites soon, hopefully capcom can pull it of, Irving looks promising.

Am I the only one who sees Excella becoming the new series antagonist?
                                nope, i think that to ChrisRedfield29 Excella looks to be a great lead antagonist, i would love to see her as the main villian, a kind of femme fatal maybe even.
                                Last edited by missvalentine; 02-13-2009, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X