Single play through length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single play through length

According to this website they are saying it took them over 7 hours and 30 minutes to complete the whole of the game. What happend to the game being bigger than RE4 and being about 18 hours long.

Now I know people are going to say well they rushed through it but even then you would expect the play time to be longer. Can someone who played the games at one of those events confirm this is an accurate time.

GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

Well, seeing as a forum member here played a "review" build of the game, and it took her 4 hours to get through chapters 1 & 2 (and she admits to rushing through the levels without exploration or engaging into much fighting), and there are 16 chapters overall...

Well, you do the math.

Comment

I thought it was confirmed RE5 was shorter than RE4, because they felt like RE4 was too long?

Comment

That was mentioned a long while back, but IIRC, more recently it was said that RE5 is indeed longer.

The whole thing about RE4 being too long was that so much of the excess was "unnecessary" (especially when you consider that game really didn't have a story).

Comment

RE5 has 6 chapters, and each chapter is cut into sub sections that are estimated to take about 50-60 minutes to beat, like RE4. The total number of levels is about 18 or 20 I think. Other critics (OPM, OXM, GamePro Germany) have stated the game is 15-20 hours long. IGN said the first half took 6-9 hours to complete. All signs and evidence point to the game taking at least 15-16 hours to beat, except for that one review. That review also claimed that AI Sheva wouldn't ever use her stronger weapons, which is a lie because she will when you set her to attack mode, so the validity of it is obviously in question.

As of this point, it's reasonable to believe RE5 will be about as long as RE4, perhaps a little shorter, which I'm fine with. As long as the game takes at least 15 hours for me to finish my first time through, I'll be satisfied.

Comment

I'm honestly not worried about the game's length. It'll give me a good 15-20 hours, easy. Plus countless hours of co-op after that.

Comment

These people reviewed an incomplete version of the game: the 3-chapter build Capcom gave to magazines and gaming sites.

Excuse my language, but that people who reviewed it are f*cking idiots!

Comment

Maybe the Ign folks had an unlockable gun I know Re4 took me bout 4 hours to do with the typewriter whereas without it took me bout 8 or 9.
                Last edited by P Anderson DIE; 02-16-2009, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                  I thought it was confirmed RE5 was shorter than RE4, because they felt like RE4 was too long?
                  i don't see how any game can be "too long", the longer it is the better, because then i get to play more, i hate it when i finish a game to quickly.

i never get it when people say RE4 was too long. i hope RE5 is the same length or longer.

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                  These people reviewed an incomplete version of the game: the 3-chapter build Capcom gave to magazines and gaming sites.

Excuse my language, but that people who reviewed it are f*cking idiots!
                  i agree, i don't like reviewers.

Comment

You will all have to trust me when I say I swear I'm not just pulling this out of my ass, because I can't remember the source. It was an interview with one of the developers and possibly even with Jun Takeuchi, himself. Anyway, they said that their budget was HEAVILY increased at some point mid-production after Capcom evaluated the project as it stood in development. This was said after the reports of RE5 being shorter than RE4 because RE4 was "too long." I strongly believe this budget increase led to a longer, better produced game.

I really wish I could find the source.. Does anybody else remember this? I feel so tacky stating this without proof, but I surely remember it existing.

Comment

Working...
                    X