Pausing Cutscenes In RE5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pausing Cutscenes In RE5

Has it been mentioned that you can pause cutscenes or has anybody who got to play RE5 at one of those events confirm this feature has been implemented. I can understand that this probably wont be possible during online co-op but during single player I belive it should be there.

Was it ever mentioned?

Comment

I don't think it has been mentioned thats why I was asking if anybody knew any info about it. Correct me if im wrong but I read somewhere (cannot find source) that jun takeuchi said that RE5 will have more cutscnes that any other RE game so it makes sense that they add a pause feature.

Comment

the cutscenes will have sudden quick time events during them ala RE4, so no, i don't expect them to throw in a pause feature.

Comment

Well, this would definitely be a nice feature to have. If the game is gonna be cutscene-heavy, which I really really hope it WILL be, then it would be nice to be able to pause cutscenes. After all, you can't press pause for your bladder.

MGS4 had it, but it was very necessary due to the ~8 hours of cutscenes throughout the game.
          I wonder how long the cutscenes will amount to in RE5?

Comment

Not as far as I know and I didn't see it at the event either.

Comment

They will probably do something similar to RE4 where upon completing the game you will be able to view all the cutscnes, still it would have been nice to pause cutscenes especially in your first play through were you need a wee lol and have to miss something.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                I wonder how long the cutscenes will amount to in RE5?
                Only an hour. It's been confirmed by several sources, including the cutscene director, Jim Sonzero.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                  Only an hour. It's been confirmed by several sources, including the cutscene director, Jim Sonzero.
                  That's the worst news I've gotten in a while...

...ugh...I think I'm gonna be sick...

Comment

Originally posted by ps3147 View Post
                    They will probably do something similar to RE4 where upon completing the game you will be able to view all the cutscnes
                    That was only in PS2/PC version (don't know about Wii one), because those didn't have real-time cut-scenes, so it wasn't a problem to do a video viewer.

And about RE5 having only one hour of cut-scenes - well, that sucks. Even RE4 with its lame story had more cut-scenes :/.

Comment

i still don't believe that's true, i mean we've already seen a whole lot of media, surely there's a LOT of things we haven't see, the time for ALL the cut-scenes added up can't just be one hour ..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                        That was only in PS2/PC version (don't know about Wii one), because those didn't have real-time cut-scenes, so it wasn't a problem to do a video viewer.
                        The Wii version had it, too.

I really appreciate when video games have a feature like this, actually. It's nice to be able to view cutscenes whenever you want. I also like being able to pause cutscenes, but if RE5 doesn't feature this, I won't be too upset. I'm totally barricading myself in my room anyhow, so no one should rudely barge into my room right in the middle of an epic scene and make me cry (fffuuuu).

Comment

Hell, I think we've seen about 10 minutes of cutscene just from the trailers and such. I can't think of an RE with so few cutscenes. Unless they do a lot of in game revelation with talking mutant bosses explaing things I can't see how so little will work.

Well, I can, but it would suck.

Comment

Mind you though an hour seems low I can't think Resident Evil 4 had 45 minutes of cutscenes, or CODE: Veronica either.
                            http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                            http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                            Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                              Not really. That was the set number they HAD to send in(as every game developer does before they can release a game). The actual game will end up having a little more than 52 cutscenes/61 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X