I simply cannot wait for TUC. Looks like a lot of zombie shooting fun.
REHorror Is reporting that there is an official RE:Extinction auction.
I say we buy all the props and Burn them.
Theres a Mummy 3? *checks* No Rachel Weisz yet the whiny brat of a kid stays? FAIL!
My thoughts exactly Stars . . .
My heart jumped for a second when I seen that picture. I thought they were making it. He'd make a great Leon.
Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-05-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Someone over at neogaf translated a French preview of the demo build of Umbrella Chronicles from MGS.
● The poster managed to play through what he took to be the entirety of the RE0 and RE1 scenarios as they appeared to be completely unlocked in the demo version
● Controls were intuitive, and the Zapper added immersiveness. Seemed to particularly like the waggle for QTEs.
● There are apparently three difficulty levels - Easy, Normal and Hard - and the poster was pleasantly surprised by the level of challenge. Did note that most players chose normal and that he didn't see any of them manage to complete a chapter, though also points out that they had to give up their places regularly.
● Each level is based on one of the games - in this case, RE0 and RE1 - and each level is split into three "Chapters" which are themselves split into two parts with a checkpoint.
● Some Chapters have a mini-boss at the checkpoint.
● Green herbs are in, but are consumed on the spot for a small health boost. No other coloured herbs appear to be included.
● First-aid sprays are in and seem to act as automatic health refills when you lose all of your life.
● You can shoot elements of the environment to uncover "Umbrella" icons and collect files. The "File" menu was locked, but there appear to be at least two or three files per chapter to collect, so that aspect looks rather promising.
● Cinemas were incomplete and there were bad/missing textures and voice work.
As for the individual scenarios:
RE Zero --
● Chapter 1 is set aboard the Ecliptic Express, the train from the early stages of RE0. Enemies are mainly zombies and Cerberus, with some Leech Men thrown in. The boss of the level is Stinger, the huge scorpion.
● Chapter 2 begins after Rebecca & Billy leave the crashed train. There's a cinematic showing this, then the player takes control as they enter the Umbrella Management Training Facility. More zombies and Leech Men, as well as Eliminators and bats. The poster didn't complete this chapter, but based on where he got to as well as previous vids it appears that the Giant Bat is the boss for this Chapter.
● The chapter begins as the cable car drops the characters off at the Arklay Treatment Plant. More zombies, Eliminators & Leech Men to fight, then you descend into the laboratory - you can see this in the video. The Proto-Tyrant appears to be the checkpoint mini-boss and he is tough. The poster didn't play any further.
RE 1 --
● Chapter 1 starts after Chris and Jill find Kenneth's body. The rest of the chapter plays out as per the original game, with the first zombie attacks in the dining hall, the disappearance of Wesker and the first Cerberus attack. Crimson Heads start appearing around the halfway point and the chapter ends after the characters dispatch Forest.
● Chapter 2 starts in the courtyard. After taking on some enemies, and after passing the water puzzle, the player carries on into the cave area where they meet the Black Tiger - the giant spider - as a miniboss. The level carries on into the lodge, then down into the aquarium area fighting zombies and Hunters along the way. The poster reached the tanks with the sharks but died during a QTE so didn't see the end of the Chapter. Neptune certainly appears, and if the previous vids are any indication, so does Plant 42, perhaps as the boss of this chapter.
● The final chapter is set in the laboratory, starting where the elevator drops you off. Lots of zombies, Crimson Heads, Hunters and Chimeras to kill in this area. The poster got to the battle with the Tyrant T-002 and defeated it. The level seems to carry on afterwards, but he died and didn't see the end, though I'd assume it carries on back to the helipad and a final confrontation with the Tyrant as the last boss.
One final note, and it's a spoiler. During the last Chapter of the RE1 scenario, the poster notes:
When Chris and Jill arrive in the lab with the Tyrant, Wesker is hiding behind the tubes and we see him injecting himself with a mystery virus. Although this has been noted before in one of the Reports, I think this is the first time it has been shown. The scene then carries on as normal, with Wesker emerging and trying to direct the Tyrant. The poster speculates that an unlockable file may reveal exactly what it was that he injected himself with.
Last edited by Archelon; 10-08-2007 at 04:02 PM.
The PAL boxarts generally have been lately. Surprised this got an 18 though
Last edited by rewak; 10-09-2007 at 08:19 PM.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)