Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News report topic! (For newsreporting, not discussion)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Because Capcom is hard at work on a surprise RE2 remake!

Last edited by GalacticAE; 09-02-2007, 01:25 PM.

Comment

0, 1, 2 and 3 are have being said that you will play on RE:UC

Comment

with the fact that RE2 will not be in UC there are a few theorys

1. Capcom is lying like George Lucus and RE2 ill be a suprise addition
        2. RE2 was waaaaaay too 80's to put in he game
        3. RE2 will be an unlockable level
        4. all RE2 characters will be available in a mercenaries bonus game.
        5. there will be a suprise announcement of Resident Evl REmake 2.

Comment

I made a thread about it over on Capcom's forums, asking why exactly RE2 was left out of UC. I don't expect to actually get an answer, but I guess you never know unless you try.

Comment

RE2 too "80's"? Whatever you're on, pass it around Some RE2 areas are still in the game, and given that RE3 itself is re-using Outbreak assets, I'd be surprised if RE2 isn't there given the existence of lab assets from the first Outbreak.

Second floor of the RPD, straight out of File 2:

First floor, this time with actual zombie models from File 2:

The office:

Last one (self explanatory)

Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 09-02-2007, 06:31 PM.

Comment

But Capcom has already said there isn't a scenario specifically dedicated to RE2 where you actually play as Leon and Claire, if I'm not mistaken. So even though they have the lab assets from Outbreak, it would seem that the only time we'll be visiting Birkin's lab in UC is during the RE0 scenario.

Comment

Ah, well that sounds awfully stupid all things considered. Unless they really don't want to create any new models for Birkin and other RE2 specific bosses. If I'm right, even the few new areas won't have new enemies.

Comment

Honestly, at this point in time, I'd be surprised if Nemesis was actually in the RE3 scenario at all, it's so far removed from the actual game. We probably won't see the likes of Mikhail or Nicholai either.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                    Honestly, at this point in time, I'd be surprised if Nemesis was actually in the RE3 scenario at all, it's so far removed from the actual game. We probably won't see the likes of Mikhail or Nicholai either.

Now THATS being Crazy

As for RE2 Being too 80's

Comment

A diving suit under a mangled red denim suit is your mental image of the 80's? lol Bell bottoms made a brief comeback in the late 90's. Funny logic aside, and regardless of what your mental image is of that decade, simple character clothing isn't a reason to scrap out RE2.

The answer is simple. UC is a low budget project, and it shows. For one thing, the Wii is more than capable of better visuals than those shown so far. Instead, they chose to simply tweak the existing RE4 engine and re-use assets from existing titles.

Add the fact that they aren't expecting much out of the game sales-wise worldwide. IIRC, it was in the 600K area... a figure already surpassed by RE4 WE.

Comment

Hey I know that RE2 not being in UC didn't make sense I was just guessing the only remotely possible reasons why they wouldn't add it.

After the Sales of the DS I think capcom would have begun planning another Resident Evil DS project.
                        After the sales of and the Wii And RE4 wii I think capcom would add a bit to the budget.

Comment

well there was no really plot holes in re2

Comment

The latest pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post

UC is looking pretty good graphics wise

Comment

Working...
                              X