Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News report topic! (For newsreporting, not discussion)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
    I'm sure it's RE5
    Did you see what region the camera is over? Central America.
    Where is RE5 rumored to take place? Haiti
    No RE5 for sometime unfortunately.

Comment

• Not sure if this is really newsworthy, but has anyone else seen these rendered artworks supposedly from Umbrella Chronicles?

Comment

• It's definitely newsworthy. Ran a translation of the site and apparently they came directly from Capcom...i wouldn't consider them official just yet though, might just be scrapped renders...

Looks very interesting though...not quite sure what they've done with the Mr X!

Perhaps we'll get more news on Wednesday's Gamers Day.
        Last edited by Stu; 10-15-2007, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• yay hunk.

Comment

• hell yea Hunk better be back, the most secret agent of Umbrella, wonder if he has wesker powers some how

Comment

• Originally posted by Stars_g36 View Post
              hell yea Hunk better be back, the most secret agent of Umbrella, wonder if he has wesker powers some how
              NO! only wesker is bad-ass enough to have super powers.
              There can be only one...

But what this might mean is that there will be a mercenaries minigame or a way to play through with other characters
              Last edited by BLSR1; 10-16-2007, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Interview with composer of RE:E score

Lakeshore Records has graciously provided us with an exclusive podcast looking at Charlie Clouser\'s scoring approach to the new horror action film, Resident Evil: Extinction, coming soon to theaters! The soundtrack will be released by Lakeshore Records, and features a few tracks of Clouser\'s music for the film. QT_WriteOBJECT(\'/img/crave/quicktime320x180.jpg\',\'320\',\'196\',\'\', \'href\',\'http://www.lakeshore-records.com/b2b/soundtracknet_vids/clouser_re3mpaa.mov\', \'target\',\'myself\', \'type\',\'image/x-quicktime\', ...

Comment

• could someone give me detailed info on hunk?
                  like everything you know about him etc.

Comment

• Biohaze has some Umbrella chronicles music up for download

Comment

• Not sure if this has already been reported on this site but it was news to ME.
                      A couple of days ago I made a Japanese PSN account to get the new Gran Turismo demo (it's pretty cool)... I was surprised to see the amount of ps1 games available to download, including BIOHAZARD DIRECTOR'S CUT
                      I got the game several years ago after reading that it had additional scenes not present in the original RE or RE-DC. It was quite hard to track down and import from Japan at the time.
                      But now anyone can get it and play it on PS3 or PSP!
                      Despite owning the game already, I thought it would be nice to get it on my PS3 too. The only problem being that adding funds to a PSN wallet from another country seems to be an impossible task. Your credit card address has to match your account address and unfortunately I don't actually live at '666 Capcom st. Tokyo'. I then read about the PSN cards/tickets (only available for Japan and Hong Kong). They are pre-paid cards with a sequence of numbers on them you can use instead of a credit card. PlayAsia and other stores are sold out (yes, this has been a frustrating mission) but I just managed to get one from ebay. Now, I'm waiting for the dude to send me the code, once my paypal reaches him.
                      The original Dino Crisis is also available for PS3/PSP. All the ps1 games are 600 yen (less that $6).

btw, I've now got 4 PSN accounts because of the annoyance of different stores having different content available.
                      NemesisAustralis
                      NemesisAmerikiss
                      NemesisJapaniss
                      NemesisHongkiss

Comment

• It's been on the Japanese Network for about a year now.

Comment

• It has? Oops, sorry... I was wondering why nobody else was impressed with my 'NEWS FLASH'
                          I checked a few pages of the news archives but didn't see it mentioned (I guess I didn't look back far enough). I've only had my PS3 for a few months and my Japan account for a few days, so I was excited, anyway. (isn't that what's important?)
                          Oh well, maybe it will be news to someone else who hasn't set up a Japanese PSN account yet (it's also on the HK site).
                          I'm currently downloading more demos now, hence my browsing speed has slowed to a crawl... One thing about the Japan store, is that they list several things as videos. Some of these items are actually videos but some of them are playable demos. The only way to tell is by looking at the file size and guessing.
                          There's a game there called 'Imabikisou' (translated) by Chunsoft. The trailer is Crazy, Creepy, Cool!!! Apparently it's like a 'choose your own adventure' where you read text, make choices, then see video and hear scary sounds. There's a demo of it as well but at nearly 1gig it would take me about 12hours to download and because it's all in Japanese (I can't read Japanese) it's probably not worth it. Looks interesting though...
                          Edit: Now downloading Bio-DC. (Only 340mb)
                          Last edited by Skunky; 10-23-2007, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• I saw that trailer for the visual adventure title @ the TGS... it looked really cool, but yeah - without being able to read Japanese it might not be so involving.

Good to hear you managed to find a way to get BioDC though.

Comment

• Yeah, Biohazard DC works great on the PS3. I don't have a PSP so I can't test it on that but I assume it works just as well. Thankfully it is complete and uncensored. It's not in full widescreen but it looks a bit wider than normal. The dialogue seems faster without the long awkward pauses I remember and also I think the doors are faster to go through.
                              Well worth the 600yen

Comment

• Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                                Yeah, Biohazard DC works great on the PS3. I don't have a PSP so I can't test it on that but I assume it works just as well. Thankfully it is complete and uncensored. It's not in full widescreen but it looks a bit wider than normal. The dialogue seems faster without the long awkward pauses I remember and also I think the doors are faster to go through.
                                Well worth the 600yen
                                But it's in Japanese -_-

Comment

Working...
                                X