XBox 360 World's RE5 Mag Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBox 360 World's RE5 Mag Cover

What you see here is the cover for XBox 360 World magazine, which should be out for sales today. As the title state, this issue features a review for RE5. Click on the image above to check out the larger version of the image.

Also, as to the speculation on whether their "7 hrs+" completion time was for the 3 chapter review copy or the full game, they have confirmed that they have the full game. This is what they have to say in the comment section:

Sorry to disappoint you Roddy but while some magazines were only handed a three chapter demo for preview purposes, we were given the finished game to review. If you want proof go grab the magazine tomorrow and turn to page 67 to see a picture of the chapter select screen (fear not - it's otherwise spoiler free) with our total game time for the first complete play through.
    Last edited by xfactor; 02-17-2009, 11:41 AM.

Pretty cool cover. But is this a US magazine (forgive my ignorance) or another country, and if US where can I get it and does it come out today or tomorrow?

Comment

And so, RE5 will get its first low score ;).

But it's really weird with this 7+ hours gameplay.

Oh, and about the cover - I don't like it. It very chaotic, there's too many things on it.
      Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 02-17-2009, 11:43 AM.

Comment

What a terrible cover. So much green. Goddamn.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
          And so, RE5 will get its first low score ;).

But it's really weird with this 7+ hours gameplay.

Oh, and about the cover - I don't like it. It very chaotic, there's too many things on it.
          whats with people saying is an 8 hour game???

capcom confirmed it was 14 hours long skipping cutscenee and not dying plus other reviewers have said is longer

Comment

Originally posted by Dredgon View Post
            Pretty cool cover. But is this a US magazine (forgive my ignorance) or another country, and if US where can I get it and does it come out today or tomorrow?
            Well, the magazine was hyped to give the first ever Resi 5 review from the UK, so that makes it a UK magazine.

As for the green color, well...the main reason must be that its is a magazine for xbox 360 green is associate with xbox 360
            Last edited by xfactor; 02-17-2009, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDivineBoss View Post
              whats with people saying is an 8 hour game???

capcom confirmed it was 14 hours long skipping cutscenee and not dying plus other reviewers have said is longer
              check out this link:
              GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

they gives a snippet from the RE5 feature/article, which they stated "Seven hours, thirty six minutes and one second" as their "original completion time".

Scroll down to the comment section and you will see comment written by XBW_Matthew, who confirms that they have the full game.

Comment

I don't actually mind 7 hours odd. I found Resident Evil 4 went on too much and the game would be far benificial actually losing a few sections to make it tighter on the whole.

I'd much rather have a carefully crafted and lean 7 hour game than a padded out, tedious 12 hour one.etc.
                Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 02-17-2009, 12:49 PM.
                http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Given a walkthrough, RE4 can be completed in a similar time or less the first time around. Shock tactic to get people buy the magazine? I would say yes.

Comment

Better not be only 7 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
                      Given a walkthrough, RE4 can be completed in a similar time or less the first time around. Shock tactic to get people buy the magazine? I would say yes.
                      Or Capcom lied to garner more sales.
                      Reminds me of when they said Silent Hill Origins was going to be 15+ hours; completed it in 4.

Comment

Somethings not right here...from Jun saying it's going to be "a little longer than RE4" and now 7 hours?

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you Roddy but while some magazines were only handed a three chapter demo for preview purposes, we were given the finished game to review. If you want proof go grab the magazine tomorrow and turn to page 67 to see a picture of the chapter select screen (fear not - it's otherwise spoiler free) with our total game time for the first complete play through.
                          I'm so sick of reading this elitism bullshit... :thumbs down:
                          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

It's freakin REVIEWERS.

They rush through the game, basically doing the average speed run of 7 or so hours.

The game is not 7 hours.

Comment

See, I don't get it. I doubt every single other review/preview was lying about the length of time it took them to complete it, because what would be the point?

I mean, he completed the game in the same time some reviewers completed half of it. It does make me wonder whether he just ran through the whole game and didn't take the time to explore.

I'm peeved now. Not because of the score but because I know I'm going to find threads elsewhere started by people who are going to link to the one review as proof that the game blows chunks and that Resident Evil now sucks. I'll keep this guys opinon in mind but I'm going to think the other previews are more accurate time wise.

Comment

Working...
                              X