Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
    Or Capcom lied to garner more sales.
    Reminds me of when they said Silent Hill Origins was going to be 15+ hours; completed it in 4.
    That was Konami not Capcom.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
      That was Konami not Capcom.
      I know, but wouldn't be surprised if Capcom did the same.

Comment

I purchased and read this review, just a mere hour ago and alot of it is still fresh in my mind.

The review has done a hell of alot to refuel my past fears for the new Resi. As being a long time fan since the start of chris and jill's first outting, I'm honestly alittle saddened by where the series has truely been taken by bad directing and story-telling. Don't get me wrong I've loved ech and every Resi game, as I tend to not listen to speculation and yes Resi 4 is one of my favorites.

The mag talks about bad A.I. alot and good ideas that haven't been polished, the later half of the game is very rushed acoording to the reviewer. Also without a human partner, the game is barely play-able. It still give's it 81% but it's mainly based on co-op play. The last battle in the game is suppossedly redicilously bad and the story is borderline fan-fiction.

Yet there is hope as the mag offers alot in speculation but doesn't really supply any hard evidence to back up it's claims. The screenshots, although some are new, don't show anything interesting or anything fresh. Most of the info in the review has been splashed out in places around the net, if you look hard enough. Also the DvD with the mag which shouts "Exclusive content and videos of RE5" Is actually just a start to finish walk-through of the demo. To say the least I wasn't impressed.

One thing that has stuck with me though, is that the mag stated that RE5 feels like a fan-fiction copy of RE4... a mod with shiny graphics and a bad director behind it, who's trying despretely to follow in his previous role-models footsteps. This left a hard knot in my throat as through the past weeks of spoiler researching and filtering.... I was begginging to think the same thing. I'm praying to god that i'm wrong.
        Last edited by ncb; 02-17-2009, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Relax man it's just one review.
          sigpic

Comment

I was wondering how long it would take for some sort of "The sky is falling" post. RE5 was always going to be a prettier RE4, same as RE2 was always going to be a prettier RE1 and so on. I don't see why people are surprised when RE5 is said to be similar to RE4.

And the images will be the same, isn't the embargo on images still on or something? You can't expect a magazine to give everything away.

God, I sound like one of the annoying elitist people don't I? ><

Comment

I don't a problem with it being a prettier re4, i was kind of hoping for it to be. The fact is it isn't. It's a prettier model but with a bad engine according to them.

Comment

Listen guys, it's just one review. The reviewer must be a game god... how he completed the game in 7 hours when other sources say that you'll need 14 during your first playthrough? Also he says that the final boss battle is a dissapointment because it was too hard for him.
                sigpic

Comment

I guess he was doing a speedrun... This game cannot be only a 7 hours long...

Comment

They don't even intend the speed run. They are lame reviewers, and what is it reviewers do? Speed through the game, give a small review, and bam! Verdict. Forget about it, next game, rinse and repeat.

Comment

Gamepro said it's 18-20 hours.

Conflicting reports. We really won't know for sure until the game comes out.

Comment

whats with people hating on the new games???

first sf4,kz2 and now re5 wtf is going on???

i cant believe this bs ai BAD?

the ai aint bad it just the people who suck at it
                        and the final boss is a con because is hard???

if it turns out to be the GOD man himself of course its gotta be hard

god i hate crying reviewers it reminds me when dmc3 came out

pathetic

Comment

pathetic
                          "Poor performance indeed..."

This is a trend with more games that focus on online play. It's nearly always at the expense of the single-player (in this case co-op) story mode.

Obviously I havn't played it yet and I don't want to pass judgement but 7+ hours does seem a bit thin. That's certainly shorter than RE4 but probably about average for a game's length nowadays...

I'm sure my first time will take a lot longer than that. In my experience, the first play through is usually the most memorable. I'll be taking my time, killing everything, exploring every nook & cranny and frequently stopping just to admire the scenery. I'd like to savor the experience and make it last as long as possible (it will be a long wait before I'm playing another new RE game for the first time).

Comment

It's true that after my first play through of RE4 took me about 20 hours, but now I can blast through it in about 6-7 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Kennedy View Post
                              It's true that after my first play through of RE4 took me about 20 hours, but now I can blast through it in about 6-7 hours.
                              yeah games are only long the first time like you said re4 is only like 6 hours but when you first play it its long

Comment

I still call B.S. on this 7-8 hours completion time. Do you all even know how many people from the London private sessions have taken roughly 4 hours to complete the first 2 chapters (remember that there are 6 in total) while claiming to be "rushing" because they wanted to get through as much as possible in the time alotted by Capcom? At least a dozen that i've read.

Couple that with numerous gaming mags and Capcom reps that have garaunteed at least a 14 hour game for the first run-through and I just don't see how this reviewer is telling the truth. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but something smells like rotting corpses to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X