Kijuju Website : Phase 4 "Bridge" Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
    Last...it is only insult to injury knowing that a certain other character can go into Spain solo, wipe out half the nation's populace, then show up unaffected to face airport related bioterror. And all he suffered was a scratch and the loss of even more personality.

Kudos, Capcom. Love your games, hate your handling of characters.
    Let's not forget go through an entire city with infected when he was nothing more than a rookie and Chris was a trained professional.
    sigpic
    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

That was cool. I find myself having less and less to say about the videos other than "o poor Chris and his PTSD self." But I do love the vibe these videos give about what we're hopefully going to see in the game. One more to go, aaaaaahhhhhhh I can't wait!

Comment

Yeah.. I'm not really enjoying this viral episode.. Chris standing on the bridge "contemplating" is just weird to me. He's losing his hero status in my eyes by becoming so weak. Pathetic.

Also... I can't believe we are 5 days short of a month to wait for this game!! And, the best part about the month wait is that it's the SHORTEST month of the year! *Clenches up fists & all muscles in body and explodes in delight* YATA!!!!!!
        Last edited by Cellardoorsolar; 02-18-2009, 06:54 PM.

Comment

the viral vids make chris look weak and defenseless

and how many of these vids are left???

Comment

Holy crap would people shut up about Chris looking weak in the viral videos.

1. No one said they were cannon... if they're confirmed to be then maybe it's worth bitching about.

2. We don't know what the hell is going to happen in this game. Maybe it'll be so jacked up that we'll wonder why he didn't off himself by the end credits.

Maybe he has to murder an infected Jill, Barry, and Rebecca with his own hands. Then, he sees Wesker raping Claire and their mother all while Leon reveals himself to be working with Wesker as he slits Sheva's throat in the final battle. I'd be a tad devastated too.

P.S. Leon hardly handled the Spaniards alone. He had help from Luis, Ada, and Mike in a giant friggin' copter. Without them he would have died an hour into the mission.
            Last edited by CubedSphere; 02-18-2009, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Your logic is beyond reproach.

Originally posted by CubedSphere View Post
              Holy crap would people shut up about Chris looking weak in the viral videos.

1. No one said they were cannon... if they're confirmed to be then maybe it's worth bitching about.
              Indeed, no one said they were "cannon." But canon, yes, it was mentioned by a PR rep or someone at Capcom, hence many people here mentioning it repeatedly.

2. We don't know what the hell is going to happen in this game. Maybe it'll be so jacked up that we'll wonder why he didn't off himself by the end credits.

Maybe he has to murder an infected Jill, Barry, and Rebecca with his own hands. Then, he sees Wesker raping Claire and their mother all while Leon reveals himself to be working with Wesker as he slits Sheva's throat in the final battle. I'd be a tad devastated too.
              You are a sick individual, and since when is a video game ending a "downer?" Especially one that is supposed to tie up many plot holes from the RE lore...

P.S. Leon hardly handled the Spaniards alone. He had help from Luis, Ada, and Mike in a giant friggin' copter. Without them he would have died an hour into the mission.
              Yes, Luis killed a few ganados at the cabin, as did Mike. Each of them killed roughly 20 a piece. Ada had her own mission, but that still doesn't ignore the fact that Leon killed about a thousand Ganados, 3 gigantes, Saddler, Mendez, Salazar, Krauser, etc. All, by, himself.

Comment

1. You're right, Capcom PR guys are 100% accurate all the time. We can move and shoot at the same time in RE5, Barry was killed by the Tyrant, and it just wouldn't be a RE game without a chainsaw-wielding maniac.

2. Yes, I'm sick.

3. Mike did some heavy damage and Mendez would have snapped Leon's neck if Ada didn't shoot the big man in the back and draw his attention. But this is the lamest debate in the forum so I'm done (the whole Leon vs. Chris debacle).

4. I'll give you my mispelling of "canon."

Comment

I suppose i'm one of the few who actually like these b-rated skits. They sort of remind of the cheesy live action fmv from the original BioHazard.

I really like how these videos detail post traumatic stress from having just experiencing real life horrors. I hope that 5 will foreshadow his psychological breakdown, as well.
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Maybe I'm defensive of these videos because I like the production value involved in terms of marketing and I too hope the game shows us Chris changing, emotionally. I want more depth in my RE characters after 13 years. More than the stone-faced in the line of danger, one-liner spewing Leon S. Kennedy we saw in RE4 and Degeneration.

Comment

I really hope these aren't canon.

I'm getting that the main focus of them is to psych those that follow the Viral vids out... get them thinking the game is so screw-with-your-mind scary that it even screwed up a strong character like Chris.

I think they're fine if that's just their purpose, but I really hope they're not canon, otherwise... they foreshadow a most likely sad and depressing ending more than anything :/

Comment

The viral videos are ok, it a shame that Chris is off the juice and all depressed. To me they really don't mean anything, I guess there trying to get the point across that the game has horror. Whatever, I really enjoyed the new scenes from the game.

Comment

Its really getting annoying how they keep making Chris(The Hulk) look like a wimp. But what I find so funny about these viral videos is how they are trying to represent RE5 as a "scary as hell game," when it is clearly action oriented.

Comment

Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
                            The viral videos are ok, it a shame that Chris is off the juice and all depressed. To me they really don't mean anything, I guess there trying to get the point across that the game has horror. Whatever, I really enjoyed the new scenes from the game.
                            Withdrawal's a bitch, yes.

Comment

Suicide?, come on, this is getting ridiculous.

1. No one said they were cannon...
                              The script is done by the japanese team, could be canon.

Comment

As I wrote on the first page of this thread I think "psycho Chris" is where this is going. All these viral videos, if canon, are likely just showing the initial breakdown of Chris after Kijuju. Eventually he's going to snap and by the next game he appears in he'll be a wreck of a man. I think it'd be cool if he alienated himself, dropped out of the B.S.A.A., cut all ties with other RE survivors (even Claire) and maybe even fell to some substance abuse (hold the steroids jokes). It'd be a nice redemption story for him to work to regain his sanity and be the old Chris by the end of the next game he's in in order to save his comrades.

Comment

Working...
                                X