Resident Evil 5 Enemies Artworks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Enemies Artworks

Capcom has released detailed artworks of some enemies that we'll face in Resident Evil 5: mutated Majini, El Gigante, infected Dog and the giant bat known as Popocarim.

Artworks gallery

Thanks for the pics man.

Popocarim?! That's a funny name.
    sigpic

Comment

-
      Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Unlike most on this forum I really dig the look of Hairy-Barry, but I agree that the wrist bands are hard to accept and look past.

Comment

They do seem out of place. He should have ropes or something on his wrists if anything.

Comment

I don't care about the bracelets...he's wearing a loincloth made of bodies.
            sigpic
            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Still think el gigante is just ridiculous looking, I mean really.

Popocarim is cool though, looking forward to that fight in the game.

Comment

I agree about his loincloth, Mist. It is funny yet cool.

As for the bearded wonder...doesn't "Adam" have a scruffy beard as well? Maybe he's been infected and mutated into our lovable El Gigante Beardo? Probably not, but it is amusing to think about...of course, I do not recall the logistics of El Gigante creation from RE4.
                Last edited by Jill's Boob; 02-18-2009, 08:54 PM.

Comment

I always thought it was so sick how he has bodies dangling from his junk region.

It's ruthless, it's vicous...and better yet, it's damn stylish.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                    I agree about his loincloth, Mist. It is funny yet cool.

As for the bearded wonder...doesn't "Adam" have a scruffy beard as well? Maybe he's been infected and mutated into our lovable El Gigante Beardo? Probably not, but it is amusing to think about...of course, I do not recall the logistics of El Gigante creation from RE4.
                    Apparently, it's a byproduct of the research that created the Regenerators. Same with the Novistadors, more or less. That said, makes me almost wonder if we'll see Regenerators in RE5. They were one enemy in RE4 that was actually, genuinely terrifying. Especially in those narrow winding corridors where there's limited room to move.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                      Apparently, it's a byproduct of the research that created the Regenerators. Same with the Novistadors, more or less. That said, makes me almost wonder if we'll see Regenerators in RE5. They were one enemy in RE4 that was actually, genuinely terrifying. Especially in those narrow winding corridors where there's limited room to move.
                      I wouldn't be surprised if we saw them back in RE5 in some form.

Comment

Regenerators and Novistadors were the best enemies because they seemed very classic RE. You have to give the RE5 team credit, they're really upping the ante compared to RE4 in reference to enemies. We get some classic B.O.W.s and the new bosses seem to crap all over the ones in RE4. I also think the new mini-bosses are better. For instance, I love the Garadors, but the Executioner is better, in my opinion... the chainsaw dude is about even with Dr. Salvador. And I'm glad to see a variety of dogs (unlike all other RE games that only had one breed) and alligators/crocs in the game as well.

Comment

I like the monsters design for RE4. some of them are really out of place with the RE4 settings, especially the castle (though the castle setting itself is out of place to take place in modern world), but they will fit in very well in the rest of the RE games. Novistador works well as a mid monsters like the Chimera or the drain deimo/hunter, so I hope to see a novistador/chimera team-up fight in RE5, lol.

The monster design team for RE5 probably mix-and-match the stuffs onto the RE4 monster to give it a unique feel, but it came out akward for the gigante. i like the idea of modifying the chainsaw enemy for RE5, and the addition of the executioner. The crazy big ass weapon looks dangerous

and am i the only one that thinks the tongue for the dog in the artwork seems a little too long?

Comment

Eh, I'm not looking forward to fighting alligators due to the absence of large fuel canisters, though I'll be pleasantly surprised/horrified if I see tentacles sprout out of them.

I just read Luis's memo #3, and it doesn't say that novistadors and El Gigante are byproducts of regenerator research, just that they're byproducts of experiments on once-human specimens, and regenerators distinguish themselves from the others. I don't really see the point of the phrasing of that file's opening remark.

You have to wonder exactly how El Gigante and the novistadors were created. Call me crazy, but I always thought the T-virus was involved with El Gigante. The only proof I have to go by is Luis mentioning that he remembers seeing a virus sample in the labs. Plus, the fact that T tends to make its specimens large, and vicious. I think it's notable El Gigante was so unstable that the ganados had to restrain it (so much for the hive mind of las plagas, it killed them upon its awakening). Past this, there's absolutely nothing to support it, and with the advent of Hairy Barry, it seems like there's you're example of T and plagas (the decay etc etc). I figure novistadors are human subjects with considerable DNA of other species spliced in there (more or less like chimeras). It always bugged me that there was not nearly as much physical evidence of novistadors being las plagas specimens as the other creatures (even U3 more or less kept the distinctive color).

Comment

If you look in the freezer room, one of the frozen Regenerators is much more "hulking" looking than the rest. Presumably, you'd eventually get a Gigante when certain circumstances are met with a Regenerator. Perhaps its not unlike the Tyrant's.

Comment

Working...
                              X