Resident Evil 5 Comic Update; Gametrailers Mocap Demonstration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Comic Update; Gametrailers Mocap Demonstration

Wildstorm Comics has revealed the third issue in its Resident Evil 5 comic miniseries that will detail the events leading up to the game.

Veteran gaming industry writer Ricardo Sanchez and artist Kevin Sharpe bring the bio-weapons of the terrifying world of Capcom's best-selling game Resident Evil to the boiling jungles of South America. Follow two agents as they unravel the connections between the destruction of a Space Station, a telepathic G-Virus discovered in Grezbekistan, and the shadowy munitions firm known as Geisel Industries. Empty villages, flesh-eating zombie children, and a trip to a reclusive CEO's fortified compound bring them closer to the truth. But none of the terrors they've encountered so far could have prepared them for what happens next!
    For more information, as well as a look at the issue's cover, head on over to Wildstorm Comics.

Thanks to Skunky

Gametrailers has posted a brief video demonstrating the motion capture technology used for the filming of the cutscenes in Resident Evil 5. The video is hosted by none other than Reuben Langdon.

Via Gametrailers

Thanks to revil5

Resident Evil to the boiling jungles of South America.
    Okay, cool...
    the destruction of a Space Station,
    What.
    a telepathic G-Virus
    What.
    Empty villages, flesh-eating zombie children, and a trip to a reclusive CEO's fortified compound bring them closer to the truth.
    Sounds a little better...
    But none of the terrors they've encountered so far could have prepared them for what happens next!
    I wouldn't count on it =p

If busty readhead with glasses and Mr. Handlebars are supposed to be characters from a past game, I'm going to pretend they aren't.

RE5, please don't mention this =(
    Last edited by The Ekamp; 02-20-2009, 08:56 PM.

Comment

i dont like this idea

telephatic g virus???
      wtf

why capcom why??

Comment

I thought it was going to be a prequel of the game, big dissapointment.
        What the hell with that telepathic virus and space station? This has to be some kind of mistake, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
          I thought it was going to be a prequel of the game, big dissapointment.
          What the hell with that telepathic virus and space station? This has to be some kind of mistake, really.
          now the clone idea seems more posible

damn you capcom

PS:i loved the mocap vid awesome stuff and i want to hear sheva talk more i love that accent

Comment

I love that mo-cap stuff though =)

Comment

a telepathic G-Virus discovered in Grezbekistan
              a telepathic G-Virus discovered
              telepathic G-Virus
              What the fuck is this?
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

^Seriously. I don't want to pass judgment on a comic book I've not even read, but from the descriptions and the art alone (am I supposed to think the generic woman and the muttonchopped geezer are "cool?") I can assuredly say I won't be picking these up. Hopefully someone that does will give me an overview of Chris' parts in the story.

Jesus...a space station, a telepathic G Virus...what's next, zombie strippers? And wasn't "CEO's fortified structure" done already, in "Land of the Dead?"
                Last edited by Jill's Boob; 02-20-2009, 10:13 PM.

Comment

If RE4 and RE5 are departures from the original games, than what the hell could this be?

Granted, they're not games...but...telepathic G-Virus? Wow, looks like Resident Evil will finally be giving me nightmares again.
                  Last edited by Vector; 02-20-2009, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Since Code Veronica and Resident Evil 0 introduced the telepathic T-Veronica and telepathic T-Virus, respectively, I've come to terms with such concepts, and am no longer affected by their absurdity.

Comment

AHAHAHAH no. Seriously, any hope I had for this to be good just died, the plot sounds utterly ridiculous, and not in a good way (I'm used to RE having a silly plot, but this just takes it overboard).

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post

Jesus...a space station, a telepathic G Virus...what's next, zombie strippers? And wasn't "CEO's fortified structure" done already, in "Land of the Dead?"
                        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0960890/ Zombie Strippers....check.

I was really...really holding on to a small hope that the comics could be entertaining. That hope is in the bathtub right now wondering which razor would be best. I really wish the comics were more like the UC ones.
                        sigpic
                        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I thought this news might get some interesting responses.
                          And to think we were concerned about the 'Nazi Scientist' from issue 2!

*Space Station: well a large satellite could be plausible, given the resources of Umbrella and Tricell.
                          *Grezbekistan: could they mean Uzbekistan? Formerly part of the Soviet Union and could have connections to existing RE plots.
                          *Shadowy munitions firm known as Geisel Industries: okay, some South American company with possible connections.
                          *a reclusive CEO's fortified compound: Interesting... CEO of 'Geisel Industries' or another corporation we've heard of before?
                          *Telepathic G-Virus: this one's kind of a deal breaker. How can a virus be telepathic? It must mean the G-virus host but that dosn't make much sense either. The G-virus is unstable and unpredictable but I don't recall any indications that it induced telepathic abilities. But as Barringer said, it's not the first time that telepathic abilities have been present in a RE game.

I know I'm clutching at straws here but damn... If the 6 books end up providing a half reasonable explanation for all this and a satisfactory outcome, it will be a minor miracle.
                          This is the official prequel for RE5?!
                          At the moment it's sounding like the writers have no idea about RE or they have some idea and just decided to ignore everything, thinking that they can make up better shit themselves.

I'm really hoping we see some sort of connection to RE5 soon or at least some sort of connection or relevance to something in the RE universe (anything!).
                          It's looking more like another BS spin off story, like the 'Fire and Ice' comics.

Comment

Oh fuck. There is nothing here that doesn't ooze fail from every word. I wonder what he had to do to get this script approved, because it must have been humiliating and painful. I pray this crap is never actually confirmed to be canon. It takes elements from Dino Stalkers, Resident Evil, the RE movies...and they're all the bad parts. All of them.

The two big ones are the G-Virus making people telekentic (Alice? Oh shit, run for the hills!) and the zombie kids, which I will despise until the ends of the earth unless there's a good reason for them. Given the rest of this story so far I'm reckoning the likely reasoning is, 'Uh, there was an orphanage. It got attacked. Now they're all zombies! Scary, huh?' I admit, I'm biased, but you need a damned good reason to stick kids in horror. Otherwise it's just one of the cheapest scares ever.

Comment

Good thing the comic will be able to fall back on the two random BSAA agents on the covers of issues 2 & 3...you know, the homely woman and the biker-looking dude with the fierce chops.

Comment

Working...
                              X