No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 Comic Update; Gametrailers Mocap Demonstration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wrong about the Sonnentreppe! At least, that's how it's looking.
    See you in hell.

Comment

I told you Capcom wasn't capable of that kinda foward planning. And niether is this guy, apparently. Ugh. I keep wanting to scrub this knowledge from my brain. Where's Leon when you need him?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
        I told you Capcom wasn't capable of that kinda foward planning. And niether is this guy, apparently. Ugh. I keep wanting to scrub this knowledge from my brain. Where's Leon when you need him?
        with ashley

Comment

In a corner. Where they should stay.

And this comic does sound a bit....far-fetched. Is it canon?

Comment

A telepathic G-Virus? NO NO NO it's the movies all over again

Comment

Well, in Fire&Ice, the guy from the first series of comics who worked in the zoo and was infected with the G-Virus could sense others infected with the G-Virus. Maybe this is the same sort of thing?

Of course, the fact that he even got infected with the G-Virus was a mistake, because in the comic, Birkin infected the animals with the G-Virus in much the same way a zombie infects things with the T-Virus. The animals, in turn, infected what's-his-name. He, apparently, was later saved and "cured," giving him the ability to sense others infected with the virus.
              Last edited by Archelon; 02-21-2009, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barringer View Post
                Since Code Veronica and Resident Evil 0 introduced the telepathic T-Veronica and telepathic T-Virus, respectively, I've come to terms with such concepts, and am no longer affected by their absurdity.
                Uhh, do you even know what telepathy is? It's nothing like the queen ant / queen leech aspect, which is natural.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                  Uhh, do you even know what telepathy is? It's nothing like the queen ant / queen leech aspect, which is natural.
                  He may have been referring to Alexia's control over those tentacles that seemingly come out of nowhere. No explanation is given in the game as to how she controls them or even where they came from. S.D. Perry suggested, I believe, that Alexia held some form of telepathic control over them.

Not a canon source, I know, but it's certainly the best (and only) explanation we've gotten.

Comment

I always assumed she just spawned the tentacles herself, considering she is inside one at one point. Or they might simply be parts of the ant hill.

But yeah I see your point. Wish they explained the tentacles origins.

I got the impression that they were T-Veronica infected worms of some sort, they have eyes and a mouth and are apparently sentient.

Comment

Leeches don't have queens.

Comment

Originally posted by Barringer View Post
                        Leeches don't have queens.
                        The species in Resident Evil do. And that's because the T-virus changed their very instincts and made them form a hive mind. Hives are generally controlled by queens.
                        Last edited by News Bot; 02-21-2009, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Hence, I don't see how a "telepathic G-Virus", the actual meaning of which not being known yet, is anymore stupid than Alexia's telepathic control over massive tentacles that seemingly spontaneously generated, or how the T-Virus, derived from the progenitor and leech DNA, suddenly gave asexual leeches the eusociality characteristics of insects.

Perhaps that would make more sense if progenitor is revealed to have insect DNA, but the RE5 trailers seems to suggest it has come from a flower, if I'm not mistaken? I suppose that could just be one component.

Wesker's super virus is another example of why I'm not going to flinch when Capcom unveils a "telepathic G-Virus".

Comment

Marcus was controlling the leeches with telepathic powers before he was taken over by the leech queen (wasn't he?).
                            Also I think him and Alexia both had the ability to appear on tv screens etc. whenever they wanted. That's kind of telepathic abilities...

Comment

I always thought Marcus controlled the leeches by singing.

Comment

Working...
                              X