Gametrailers Bonus Round - "Dissecting Resident Evil 5," Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gametrailers Bonus Round - "Dissecting Resident Evil 5," Part 2

Gametrailers has just posted part 2 of its 4-part round table discussion regarding Resident Evil 5. This time they discuss such topics as the inability to move and shoot at the same time, the possibility (or lack thereof) of a Wii version, as well as a few others.

Head on over to Gametrailers for the scoop.

I'm sorry but these episodes suck. I thought dissecting RE5 was gonna be like their retrospectives but its just guys talking on what they think of RE5. I'll wait for the reviews for that.

Comment

Must be addressing the "b'awwing for Run-and-Gun" again. Honestly...it never ends. Every other game on the market looks like a clone of another; for once it needs to cease. I'm tired of going through my mag subscriptions and seeing the same damn thing.
      Last edited by Red-Jackal; 02-22-2009, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Ick. I tried watching part 1 but it was just so boring. Maybe if thye had someone from Capcom on it would be more interesting, but its definitely a snooze fest as it stands now.

Comment

That guy call the bat boss a Crab/Scopin monster im sorry but when did a Crab/Scopin have the face of a bat or wings and he's moneing about some Capcom staff came up with that im sorry but what the hell is he talking about anyone can see it's a bat what the hell is he smokeing he does not have a clue on what he's talking about

Comment

Sephiroth, I was under the impression that he was saying that someone sick at Capcom coming up with that was a compliment. His descirption of the boss was dire, but I think he was saying it was cool how weird the boss was.

And I also think they defended the "stop and pop" style of the shooting more than they criticized it. I thought they were fair in saying that moving would be nice, but having to stop to shoot is a tradition of the franchise and it's something that can be easily adjusted to.

Overall, they may be boring but the panel is very positive in regards to the game. Even the big guy on the left that has the most negative stuff to say claimed that this game could easily be in the top 3 or 5 games of 2009.

Comment

I love how they called the Majini "zombies". If anything, they're more akin to the creatures out of the movie "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", which by the way, were not zombies.

Comment

Yeah, it's sickening how EVERY single website refers to the enemies as zombies. Game Informer are the only ones not to, though they call them "Manjini."

::sigh::

Comment

Anyone notice how Jeff said PSM gave it a 10 out of 10?

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                    Ick. I tried watching part 1 but it was just so boring. Maybe if thye had someone from Capcom on it would be more interesting, but its definitely a snooze fest as it stands now.

yup, i couldnt make it half way through the 1st episode. its too boring

Comment

I think PSM gave RE 5 5/5.
                      sigpic

Comment

The guy complaining about having to hold down A to run was pretty funny. I was suprised nobody corrected him. It is possible to run without holding down A, you just need to click the left analogue stick in while moving.

Comment

While you're completely right, it's not like that's a preferable option... at least not on the 360 gamepad. I found pushing and holding the left stick in to be a pain on the 360 controller and not comfortable at all. It's easier on the PS3controller, but not by much. It's more comfortable but still "sketchy" as my character will randomly stop running sometimes even when the stick is pushed in the whole way.

Again, I'm not dogging you, you're right and the guy on the far right should have mentioned it. However, it's still a lame alternative and I agree the stick should work the way he suggested (pushing the stick slightly makes you walk while pushing forward full tilt makes you run). If the guy didn't know about the option to push in the sticks I can't blame him either, since Capcom never put a notification about that feature on the controller layout screen.

In fact, if they added that aforementioned feature and let me WALK (not run) while at least holding the knife then I'd be in heaven. That said, I have no real issue with the way RE5 plays... but I'd welcome those additions.

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon Quinn View Post
                            It is possible to run without holding down A, you just need to click the left analogue stick in while moving.
                            This either doesn't work on the PS3 version (JP Demo build), or varies depending on the control scheme. I couldn't get it to work with the A control setup.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                              This either doesn't work on the PS3 version (JP Demo build), or varies depending on the control scheme. I couldn't get it to work with the A control setup.
                              It only works with C and D.

Comment

Working...
                              X