1up's Week of Resident Evil 5 Blowout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1up's Week of Resident Evil 5 Blowout

1up have started their week long Resident Evil 5 blowout feature where they'll put up new things relating to Resident Evil 5 each day. The first day includes new boss battle footage. Keep checking back daily for the next seven days for the rest of the things to become available.

1up Resident Evil 5 Blowout thanks to Wanderer.

So El Gigante is referred to as "Ndesu" in RE5, eh?

Comment

Meh...I think I'm going to pass...too much is starting to get posted online now. What's the point in wanting to get surprised by the game when everday will bring a new video or something.
      sigpic
      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Seriously, what the hell is the point of even playing the games anymore? Why not just watch the entire game on the internet? Jeez Louise, man. I'm steering clear of all this crap. I actually wanna enjoy the game for myself when I play it.

Comment

im not gonna watch it, i might as well not even get on youtube

Comment

"Resident Evil 5 is practically guaranteed to be the last of its kind, with the game's producer, Jun Takeuchi, assuring us that a reboot is in order for the inevitable Resident Evil 6."

If thats a quote, then consider me sorely disappointed. As if games need reboots with every other game they release? RE4's formula is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
              "Resident Evil 5 is practically guaranteed to be the last of its kind, with the game's producer, Jun Takeuchi, assuring us that a reboot is in order for the inevitable Resident Evil 6."

If thats a quote, then consider me sorely disappointed. As if games need reboots with every other game they release? RE4's formula is great.
              Couldnt agree more Dot50cal. It seems as if many games are going with this 'l ast of its kind" formula. My favourite series, the legend of zelda, is going that reboot direction to, with the producer saying the exact same thing, that Twilight princess will be the last of its kind.

I dont get it, why does every game and sequel have to try and reinvent itself. We have had one game released so far in the Re4 style, and on the eve of Re5's release, they are already telling us its ready for a re-boot. I love this style, i love the akward movement, the inventory, the whole experience is refreshing compared to other tps's. Of course a gmae should add new elements, but why is it that producers always feel the need ot reinvent a game?

It annoys me to say the least, its the complainers who complain that cause this rebooting as well , Re4 was a masterpiece in rankings, and a game that tries to stay in that thread and just expand that forumla is now akward, archaic controls, and the last of its kind.

Maybe its just me, but when i like something, i like it to stay. If it aint broke dont fix it, so capcom, dont listen to the idiots who think the game is broken, yes, advance it, and expand it, just like any other sequel, maybe add some walk and gun stuff..whatever, but this reinventing has got too stop. Games should stay unique, not having to turn into something else, and Re5 and 4 are and were unique.

And there is my rant for the day..please capcom, zelda team, whoever, stay to what you are, dont try and assimilate or turn a game 180 all the time. We dotn want that.

At least imo.

Comment

I don't know about that, the Zelda series definitely needs a boot up its arse. RE on the other hand? Naaah, it's just fine at the moment.

Comment

That's the way little kids and teenagers are these days John. (always exceptions, there are good younger people still). We're getting older and the gaming world was just different back then. Nowadays this generation of gamers are growing up on amazing technology and speedy advancements. They are used it to the point that they expect it or they are not pleased. Or maybe it's just general observations from a more mature and thoughtful gamer from being older. I suppose to a 8 or 9 year old, you're not as worried about technical aspects, quality, ect. that you start to pick up on in your teens, then at my age you realize how different things are technically and what it means and become more critical about things. I miss the old days, whether it be generation wise or reminiscent of age (or a mix of both), when you rented a game or played it at a friend's house and if it was fun, it was good, if not then it wasn't. Now it's all convoluted with online reviews, communities, expectations, innovations, technicality, online play, configuration, voice dubs, technology, ect. Bleh.

Anyway...

Is it really a surprise the producer supposedly thinks a reboot is necessary for RE6 at this point (also remember Mikami stated something similar)? Think about it. Within a few years from 1995-2000 we had several RE games with the same style, then Capcom believed it needed a big change to work. 2004 we received RE4 and it's new direction. Took 9 years for that jump in direction to take effect. Where are we gonna be when RE6 comes out? With the way high profile games these days go, we're looking at probably another 4-5 years for RE6. We'll be almost 10 years from RE4. Technology will be improved, we'll be in another new age of young/teen gamers, and gaming community might be different. At best, the RE4/5 style would last 1 more game before the next generation would definitely expect a revamp again no matter how much the hardcore BH/RE fans feel.
                  Last edited by Alzaire; 02-23-2009, 04:57 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Eh. I'd gladly trade in all these videos for some shots of the Spoiler:

Comment

RE4's formula is great.
                      No doubt Dot...RE4's gameplay mechanics are amazingly addictive and fun. Reboot is not needed other things need to be tweaked like story etc

The following days should be interesting really looking forward to some of 1ups reveals...at least we will be getting regular news.
                      Last edited by marcusray; 02-23-2009, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Another reboot? What the hell does that mean? New characters and storyline? Or more new gameplay? What the fuck...is RE6 gonna be a full-on FPS running on the Left 4 Dead engine? Jesus Christ almighty...

Comment

I don't think that Capcom will change the gameplay style dramatically. It's too popular these days.
                          sigpic

Comment

That Gigante (Ndesu) gameplay looks soooooooooo freakin' EASY. Oh, and I love it how he stands there and takes all those machine gun rounds to the face and not kill him.

Comment

I disagree. It needs to change. There is nothing more they can do with the RE4 style, without it becoming old in RE6. And while I was never a big fan of the RE4 style to begin with (as you know I prefer the old RE style), this has nothing to do with the fact that I disagree and the style should change, because if they don't then the series will fail.

RE5 is RE4's style with better graphics, some extra tweaks, new weapons, and a couple of new things.

To keep the series fresh and alive, they need to re-invent it again.

No one is going to want to play another RE4 for the 3rd time.

Now, you can say "Well, we played the old style a bunch of times, RE0, 1, 2, 3, CV" but the thing is, they always had something to add to the old engine. Each game was different.

RE1 was the game that started it all.
                              RE2 was a graphically improved version of the original, plus an improved engine.
                              RE3 took it further, and added more to the engine, zombie behaviors, Nemesis, new weapons and ideas scrapped from 1.5
                              RECV, the first RE with top-notch graphics, a long game with a lot of puzzles, and the return of Chris and Wesker.
                              REmake, you know what thats about
                              RE Zero, introduced the partner system, and more of a backstory.

Each game added on to the original formula.

There is not much more you can do with the RE4 engine.

It needs to change for RE6 to keep the series fresh. And I'm hoping it will become something more like 3.5 Hooked Zombie Version.
                              My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                              ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Working...
                              X