1up's Week of Resident Evil 5 Blowout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Henry Spencer View Post
    I don't know about that, the Zelda series definitely needs a boot up its arse. RE on the other hand? Naaah, it's just fine at the moment.
    See i guess its just a number of things that make a person want what they want. Personally, i would love to never see the zelda series change whatsoever, i would love to be 74 in a wheelchair having link save zelda yet again in Hyrule, but thats just me.
    I guess im not one for change, im the type who likes to know what he's getting into, Re5 being incredibly similar to Re4 would be fine to me, a few tweaks here and there, a storyline, some more horror, etc etc. and im a happy camper, just as i would be with the zelda series.

I feel that many people want too much, what makes me happy is tradition, that feeling going in, that Resident evil will be a horror game, with action and thrills as well. Re4 was one of the few games that changed a game series that i completely loved , and thats what surprised me. Re5 being similar suits me fine. But now, it seems as if its trying to do things it shouldnt be, like too many on rails shooters, first person events, and straying mroe and mroe from what Re4 and the classics were

Dont get me wrong, i loved Re4 and Re5 is already looking to be my game of the year, a little early, but still. Alas, im not happy seeing el gigante first person shoot up fest, with infinite ammo and such, nor am i happy with a quarter of the game being against gun wielding enemies while using s shaky looking cover system. I tseems ot be strayign what many classic fans hoped for, the horror and atmsophere aspect. That to me is not Resident evil, even though Re4 did chaneg the formula, it still retained thta feeling of Re to me, and im hoping Re 5 does that as well.

thats the fun in different types though innit? I would lvoe to be playing Ocarina of time HD forever, as well as Re 4.9999 as well, but many seem to think a game should reinvent itself right away, to keep up.

Im mroe for tradition, but im open minded, ill leave the hammer of judgment for after the game, and after Re6 and zelda wii, although to say the least..im a bit wary, and really am not looking forward to much change.

Comment

I have to agree that too much of the game is being revealed and don't know how suprised I will be when I finally play the game. As far and a reboot for RE 6, I don't know if I will even care about the series by then. If they make the game for this generation of systems then I might get it.

Comment

I guess maybe the team want to go back to making RE a horror game again? That's the only reason why I can see them wanting to "reboot" the series once more.

Comment

Working...
        X