Damn, PS3's Frame Rate is terrible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, PS3's Frame Rate is terrible.

OK I DO NOT want this to start into some fanboy 360 ps3 bullshit thread.

I own a PS3 and my brother owns a 360 and we were playing the demo on his 360 up and until yesterday and I just downloaded it on my PS3 and the frame rate is noticeably worse. Not unplayable but most definitely annoying in comparison to the 360.

I even plugged both systems into the same tv to see if it was the tv but it wasn't. Both were using the default component cables.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I read one of the early reviews and it said that the framerates are bad on the PS3.

Im contemplating selling my ps3 on ebay and just buying the arcade 360 and getting a hard drive later.

:-(

Only game I ever had frame rate problems with was Pro Evo 2008 but that was on both consoles I belive. Maybe it's your Ps3 man.

Comment

its not uncommon for the majority of multiplatform games to perform poorly on the ps3

Comment

Oh yeah Fallout3 had some problems but they do put patches online try getting them. When I first had Fallout3 it was freezing all the damn time, got a patch and havent had a problem since.

Comment

I've had similar framerate issues on my ps3, but not 360, but I'm still playing on the ps3 first time with nememsiswontdie. I chalk up the framerate issue to being a older build back in october around TGS--I think thats when both demo's were first used--not sure. It makes sense anyways since 360 ports better than ps3 from PC right out the gate, but its obvioulsy not the final build. DMC4 ran cutscenes at 60 fps on PS3 over the 360's 30, so I think its clear the ps3 demo isn't really optimized so well(not to mention the questioning missing effects and such).

Though, if I have framerate issues on the real game---someone won't be a happy camper.
          sigpic

Comment

I didn't experience any framerate issues on my PS3.

Comment

Me neither. The demo works fine with my PS3.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P Anderson DIE View Post
                Oh yeah Fallout3 had some problems but they do put patches online try getting them. When I first had Fallout3 it was freezing all the damn time, got a patch and havent had a problem since.
                Fallout 3 was a laugh riot to play through on the PS3. It's not uncommon to have your game suddenly lock up and force you to restart the machine, especially when you've been playing for extended durations of time. If you have got Fallout 3 for the PS3, my advice is to quit the game every couple of hours and start it again.

Other than that, I've not noticed any problems with framerate.
                See you in hell.

Comment

The only time I really see any framerate issues is when I'm playing co-op with someone who has a shitty connection and there are a bunch of Majini on-screen. Other than that, the game seems pretty ship-shape for me.

Comment

Apparently PS3 is more multimedia oriented, not very games oriented like 360...

Comment

Hmm, I still think some PS3 owners are in denial if i'm honest.

Now I don't actually own a 360, I'll be be getting Resident Evil 5 on the PS3, but undoubtably, Resident Evil 5 runs better on the 360 - it irks me to say it because I don't own a 360 to get it for that system, but it's true, and there are minor frame rate issues on the PS3 demo, if nothing else. Whenever you fire the MP5, there are frame drops, they are too obvious to say they don't happen.
                      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                        The only time I really see any framerate issues is when I'm playing co-op with someone who has a shitty connection and there are a bunch of Majini on-screen. Other than that, the game seems pretty ship-shape for me.
                        thats my only problem aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Forest View Post
                          ... we were playing the demo on his 360 up and until yesterday and I just downloaded it on my PS3 and the frame rate is noticeably worse.
                          I thought the demo was no longer available for download?

I've played both the 360 and PS3 versions. I found the tearing on the 360 version to be hideous (but I was running off disc, I don't know if that effects it).
                          I found the frame rate dips on the PS3 version to be far less distracting.
                          I don't really find it to be a problem at all. Definately not so large a problem that I'd consider selling my PS3.
                          sigpic

Comment

In general, you probably wont notice anything "unusual" about the framerate in the PS3 version. I mean, it's typical for console games to have random framedrops (and/or slowdown) here and there. That's something most people who've been console gamers for a long time have come to terms with. It sucks that games often does this, and that often at the most annoying moments possible! (Like, don't you think it sucks how games with framerate issues often take a bigger bump in performance in the final levels, thanks to their heavy usage of everything available in the effect gallery?)

In the case of multiplatform games, if you're very sensitive to the framerate of games (asking yourself how on earth you could ever stomach Perfect Dark on co-op on the N64 after having played something at rock solid 60fps recently, for instance) you'd might find these random framedrops more annoying than other people. Not to mention that you'll certainly notice the difference between two platforms if they don't have the same amount of framerate issues (even without putting them next to eachother).

I dunno what type of TV you have, but if you have one of those 100/120hz flatscreens with a "motion plus" or "framerate doubler" function, I recommend giving it a spin. It might create some weird "blurry" effects during some scrolling and/or sharp edges with high contrasts, but it'll give off a really nice illusion of the framerate being much higher than it really is (and looks absolutely stunningly fantastic in many games and movies)

Originally posted by Forest View Post
                            just buying the arcade 360 and getting a hard drive later.
                            If you end up going for a 360, I suggest getting the full schabang with an HDD. The 360 isn't very expensive at the moment, so if you're actually selling a PS3 as part of the purchase plan to afford it, you should be able to afford both an Elite w/120gb (or a pro w/60gb HDD, or evt. an arcade + a LIVE starter kit w/60gb HDD) + maybe a game or two. Unless your PS3 is in really bad shape, a 20gb model, or for some reason shouldn't be sellable at a high price.

Comment

The PS3 version has very minor frame dips. Nothing more. And most of them don't even happen unless there's alot of action going on.

I'll gladly take minor framerate issues over screen tearing any day.
                              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                              X