Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Extreme Fans

Taken from
    A rare, also extremely fanatic and inept fan of the otherwise-excellent Resident Evil game series, which is an awesome game, and most of its fans are pretty cool, but occuasionally there's the Resident Evil dick who is an extremist on the position of the first few games, but draws a line in the sand at Resident Evil 4, constantly moaning about how it doesn't have zombies, that the story isn't RE enough, and how its an embarrassment to the Resident Evil series, and usually go on the same way about Resident Evil 5. As cool as the RE games prior to RE4 are, you can always count on the Resident Evil dicks, usually on Internet message boards, to be rude, inept and generally mean-spirited to anyone who basically isn't a nerd, and acts like their somewhat esoteric knowledge of things is supposed to be evident. Resident Evil dicks tned to act very cool, but are really nothing more than stereotypical nerds who complain about RE4 not being Re enough. Also like to randomly attack other people.

I found this to be really funny..and sadly true. The bit about Claire and the stairs is lol.

Resident Evil Dick

A rare, also extremely fanatic and inept fan of the otherwise-excellent Resident Evil game series, which is an awesome game, and most of its fans are pretty cool, but occuasionally there's the Resident Evil dick who is an extremist on the position of the first few games, but draws a line in the sand at Resident Evil 4, constantly moaning about how it doesn't have zombies, that the story isn't RE enough, and how its an embarrassment to the Resident Evil series, and usually go on the same way about Resident Evil 5.

As cool as the RE games prior to RE4 are, you can always count on the Resident Evil dicks, usually on Internet message boards, to be rude, inept and generally mean-spirited to anyone who basically isn't a nerd, and acts like their somewhat esoteric knowledge of things is supposed to be evident. Resident Evil dicks tned to act very cool, but are really nothing more than stereotypical nerds who complain about RE4 not being Re enough. Also like to randomly attack other people.
    Resident Evil dick: "WAAA! RE4 doesn't have zombies, and the story isn't enugh like the originals! It should be the same damn thing, all the damn time! WAAA!!"
    Normal RE fan: "Dude, it's all Resident Evil"
    Resident Evil dick: "Shut up, stupid!"

Resident Evil dick: "Haa! LOL, you didn't know that Claire Redfield goes down a staircase in RE: Code Veronica that twists right and not left! What are you, retarded?!"
    Normal RE fan: "That's pretty esoteric, not exactly common knowledge."
    Resident Evil dick: "Shut up, stupid!!"

Normal RE fan: "Resident Evil series is awesome."
    Resident Evil Dick: "Yeah, but not RE4!! It doesnt have real zombies LOL!!! WAAA!!!"
    Normal RE fan: "You're an embarrassment to the fanbase, you know that, RE-dick?"
    Resident Evil Dick: "I put you on ignore!!"

I oppose RE4, so I'm automatically a dick? >_>
    Last edited by Canas Renvall; 02-26-2009, 09:40 PM.

Comment

That is sort of great.

Comment

This is the sort of thing I mentioned before in one of my previous wall-of-text posts I made a couple weeks ago. Pro-RE4 fans are just as bad as the classic-only fans that are outspoken. People on both sides take the argument too far sometimes, but most pro-RE4 fans fail to recognize the ridiculousness (such as this ignorant and insultive urban dictionary post) that is within their own camp. For as many people that claim the classics are the best, there's just as many or more that consciously or subconsciously post as many insultive or bait-like statements like "RE4 is clearly the best game in the series, anyone who doesn't think so is a moron." ect.

It's ridiculous. The urban dictionary post is just as elitist since it implies if you are heavily outspoken about a dislike of RE4 that you're a dick. Umm, why? They have valid opinions, and since it involves dislike RE4 it must mean they are stupid and aren't real fans... Ugh.

I found this to be really funny..and sadly true.
        Sure there may be rude and mean non-RE4 fans, but why is this so funny when there are just as many rude and mean pro-RE4 fans who take potshots and initiate insulting and derogatory comments and arguments at the "elitist non-RE4 liking bastards".

You could argue the emphasis is on the fans who are mean and rude, but it's the targeting of non-RE4 fans as connection to it that I can't stand. Like pro-RE4 fans are -always- better, more mature and real fans.
        sigpic

Comment

Pro RE4 people are as bad. Cause woah have I seen that too. Though I do think overall, in my experience of just ... sitting and observing, the anti-RE4 camp does seem to be larger and a little more "outspoken." That's not making any excuse for the other side, but that's how it seems from a mostly neutral party. When I hopped back into the forums and communites, I can easily say that I saw a lot more anti-RE4 raging than the opposite. Which again, isn't to say the other side is an innocent or omg better party, it's just what I saw more of when I read posts.

But I think you just have to get what they're poking fun at. Just because you love or hate the game doesn't make you anything, but the article is really going for those people who do nothing BUT bitch (or in the pro case, jump in to defend and bitch in the same manner). Every fandom has it, those people who are around, so they have to like the series, right? But the way they're acting and the way they just seem so angry makes you wonder if they are having any fun at all in what's supposed to be a positive thing for you if you like it.

Comment

yeah i see what your saying but we can't force them to be respectful to the game it just doesn't work that way and there will always be people who going to say things like this. ALWAYS!!

Comment

I'll say this again. Because it always pisses me off royaly when folks announce I'm either a lunatic fringe member or a retarded gimp for daring to oppose RE4 and it's awesome.

If you happen to play a game because you like the horror, or enjoy exploring elements, and get a kick out of the silly puzzles...and then a game in the series doesn't have any of those elements, and on top of that makes a character you like into a one lining muppet, the girl you're supposed to be rescuing has a bra size significantly higher than her own IQ and they both feature in a story best told by 1990's action movies...

Why, exactly, do I have to like this game again? Ah, yes. It has Resident Evil on the box. And not loving all things RE? Makes me a bad fan or a fringe lunatic...wait a minute...wouldn't obsessively and unthinkingly going, 'It's Resident Evil and has a higher number so best game ever!' be a little fanatic as well?

Of course, I didn't care about the Ganados. I did care that such supposedly smart enemies had such piss poor AI and tactics which robbed them and there swarm tactics of anything scary, something RE5 has at least partially resolved. But hell, if they want that freakish mutant rabbit from Donnie Darko to be the main enemy in Resident Evil they can. Just make the game halfway scary.

Of course, with that rabbit it couldn't help but be scary...

RE4 is a good game, and one I still play. But I play it when I'm in the mood for action. Every other game in the series I play for scares. Or puzzles, maybe, although I think Fatal Frame beats it there. Point is...comparing RE4 to the older games is like comparing chalk and cheese. Bar the title and three characters it could, quite easily, be a completely different franchise.

On the plus side, I was half expecting this to be a topic about Resident Evil Extreme, the /b/ of the Resident Evil community. It was quite pleasing to simply be heavily insulted and branded a rabid lunatic instead.

Comment

What I find amusing is that when I clicked on the link for this "stereotypical nerd" definition, I noticed that it was written by "PupilOfStephenKing", and the advertisement next to it was for imvu. "Virtual life would suck without IMVU!" I wonder how the Urban Dictionary would define "Hypocrite."

Comment

oh was it really neccesary to post that here? this reminds me of those idiots from GameFAQs.

im not a dick or a lunatic because i don't like stupid games called RE4/5.

not everyone likes simplistic games with little plot, no thinking involved, and that ruined the series.

Comment

I didn't mean to imply this towards anyone here, I just figured at least some people here have encountered those that it described.

Comment

Originally posted by Darinl1979 View Post
                      I didn't mean to imply this towards anyone here, I just figured at least some people here have encountered those that it described.
                      ive encounted the type of person that would write this crap and call me a Resident Evil Dick many times before.

Comment

Originally posted by Darinl1979 View Post
                        I've seen both, 'Resident Evil 4 sucks and if you like it even a little then you're not a real fan!' and 'Resident Evil 4 is awesome and if you don't think it's the greatest game ever then you're not a real fan!'

They're both sets of idiots who cannot accept the opinions of others. The fact that article picks out folks who dislike RE4 and depicts them as raving idiots is a bit of a slap in the face to the folk who can think about a game and decide, 'Y'know, maybe not the greatest game ever made in my opinion.'

Comment

I didn't take it as picking on RE4 fans or haters but I think it was mainly focusing on the series not including zombies. I work in a gamestore and the majority of the people I work with are the reason why this generation of gaming is so bad..they support any game that is a FPS. I had to hear complaints on how bad the Resident Evil 5 demo was because of the lack of run/gun'n and because its not Resident Evil because without zombies it cant be Resident Evil.

I see the same countless complaint on the lack of zombies almost everywhere I go. But I see your point. I personally didn't have a problem with Resident Evil 4. I found it to be a very good game and have played through it multiple times on multiple systems now. I do enjoy and always will enjoy the original games, but that doesn't mean I will talk down to a new game just because I look on the surface and go "Oh shit no zombies...RESIDENT EVIL HAS JUMPED THE SHARK!!!"

Comment

RE4 + High Powered rifle + really neat headshots/crotch shots = fine by me. If you don't like them so what? You aren't hurting me and I'd hate it if everyone loved the same things it would be no different to a lot of unsold cars in a lot, all looking the same.
                            Though I'll say I'm a twat for loving the films I suppose, then again I have loads of Zomblie films and they are all entertaining even the mexican one I have. if it wasn't for the Resi films I would have got the games.

Lets all just celebrate our differences. it's no different to the old Star Wars v Star Trek debates at conventions years back.

homo sum humani a me nihil alienum puto

Fuck, I'm so tired.

Comment

Im pretty much neautral since i like both old and new RE games, although i have tried to defend RE4 in the past im not like that now. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, aslong as i like it thats all that matters.
                              Last edited by Andyfer_Ruu; 02-27-2009, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X