RE5 Soundtrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE5 Soundtrack

What do people know about this item? I read that it will be a 3 disc set, with 80+ tracks, released in Japan. Any ideas on a U.S. release?

Is anyone importing a copy from overseas...?

I am really curious about the orchestral score...the piece first used in the first TGS trailer was quite moving. It was used again in the second half of the recent Japanese PS3 ad for RE5.

Jill sandwiches make zombie cellists masters of the legato!
    Last edited by Jill's Boob; 03-01-2009, 07:47 PM.

It's released this Friday (5th March), i've had it on pre order from Play-Asia for several weeks. 3 CDs, 80+ tracks. Really looking forward to getting hold of it. From what i remember reading, the music was composed by a couple of people but the lead composer is a guy called Kota Suzuki, who has worked on the Devil May Cry series. There's a 105 piece Hollywood orchestra performing on some compositions, and others are entirely electronic.

Track listing -

Also, i think the orchestral piece you mention being used in that trailer may be the theme song, Pray. It was used for the Japanese PS3 TV spot too and you can clearly hear female vocals over it.
    Last edited by Gideon Quinn; 03-01-2009, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Soundtracks are very important to games these days. With the budgets these bigger titles have, more and more of them have epic soundtracks more fitting of a big-budget big-studio film, rather than video games. Has anyone uploaded the MP3's to YouTube, yet? I wanna hear some of these songs...

And this is off-topic, but Boob, you jost posted the 1,000th thread in Umbrella Labs history. Congratulations.

Comment

i wouldnt mind having a re5 soundtrack, but i dont think theres a soundtrack better than
        the mgs4 soundtrack.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
          Has anyone uploaded the MP3's to YouTube, yet? I wanna hear some of these songs...
          Only in game rips from the demo. I'm really suprised nobody has uploaded the two tracks released on the Japanese Itunes store yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon Quinn View Post

Track listing -

Also, i think the orchestral piece you mention being used in that trailer may be the theme song, Pray. It was used for the Japanese PS3 TV spot too and you can clearly hear female vocals over it.
            Thanks for that...but that track listing is kind of a spoiler, don't you think? It already kind of laid out the game for me, in a rudimentary way. May want to spoiler tag it. But I am appreciative.

As for the theme song...if it is indeed the theme...I hope there is a sample without vocals. It is a very effective orchestral piece IMO.

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
            And this is off-topic, but Boob, you jost posted the 1,000th thread in Umbrella Labs history. Congratulations.
            Really? Hot damn. Maybe they'll give me a "Get Out of Your Next Ban Free" card?

Comment

Wow, it comes out the 5th? I need to haul my ass over to a website and get pre-ordering then.

Comment

Then Play-Asia is your best bet. That's where I pre-ordered mine from. They're always reliable.

Comment

i love all the RE music, it's so great, but whatever RE5's score has in store for us, i don't think it will ever surpass this.

Comment

Interesting song titles.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                      i love all the RE music, it's so great, but whatever RE5's score has in store for us, i don't think it will ever surpass this.
                      Sorry, but i find that to be one of the worst/most generic pieces of music in the entire series. The snare drum sound is so hideously 80s it makes me want to gouge my eyes out!

Comment

You've not even heard the soundtrack yet for RE5, but of course...it will no doubt pale in comparison to RE3. There's a shocker.

Something tells me if there's a "Jill theme" in RE5, that will suddenly skyrocket up your playlist...
                        Last edited by Jill's Boob; 03-02-2009, 11:27 AM.

Comment

I think RE5 will have some amazingly epic songs (have you heard that one in that 30 second trailer? Dear God I got chills) but oh, the ending theme to RE3 will always be one of my favorites. As well as the opening to Outbreak. And a couple of select tracks to Code Veronica (The Alexia Themes in specific are amazing).

Comment

Do you mean Pray? I think it's really chilling.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK_gqQ0obO0 <-- the one for the last 15 seconds of this one. I dunno if it's Pray in specific or not. I'm not sure which track name is which song yet. I haven't really listened to any of the other clips. XD

Comment

Working...
                              X