X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The True Story Behind Biohazard Translation

-This topic will serve as a temporary placeholder until we finish our work-

Our first official community dependant project will be a translation of the True Story Behind Biohazard Book, which sports close to 200 pages and covers the backstory of the original Resident Evil, along with some artwork and an interview with Shinji Mikami. This marks a historic day in THIA history, not only have we found a translator who is willing to translate materials for us but we are also accepting user donations towards this goal.

Our translator was previously asking $1000.00 for such a project, however I have managed to get the final price down to $750.00. This is a very good price for such a large book. I would have payed the total myself, however it really is a large sum for one person to pay. With that I have decided to accept user donations. You can pay by money order or by paypal.

The translator will begin work on the 15th of this month, and as work is being completed, it'll be turned into a full feature here at THIA. It will be free to everyone however those who donate will receive higher resolution, unwatermarked copies of the pages.

Good friend, Carnivol has offered to write a guide on how to make your own hardcover book as the feature is being constructed. Additionally it was his friend who is the one who will become our translator.

If for some horrible reason the project cannot be completed, I will refund everyones donation amounts. This deal however is definite and work will begin VERY soon on it.

-Why Translate This Book-

The reason we choose this book first is because it is one of the most highly sought after books in the Biohazard Universe. It contains the oldest known back story for the series. It starts far BEFORE the events of Resident Evil 0.

The book itself contains high quality art renders set onto the infamous "Trevors Letters", Which detail George Trevors accounts of he and his family's final days inside the mansion. These are far different from what the Resident Evil 1 Remake has said on the subject and contain much more information.

Secondly, the book contains a novel following the events up to the Mansion Incident. The novel encompasses over 126 pages of text and art depicting the scenes. This story has never been told before!

Lastly, the book has an interview with Shinji Mikami, father of the Resident Evil series.

-Donating-

So with that, if you would like to donate you have two options:

If you want to pay via money order, you can click here to email Dot50Cal and make arrangments.

-or-

You can pay via paypal by clicking the link below

DO NOT USE THE PAYPAL LINK THE IN FORUM. IT WILL NOT WORK. PLEASE USE THE LINK ON THE MAIN PAGE!
    Current Tally:

Blue = Staff Donations
    Red = User Donations

Donations so far:
    Wesker Reborn - $14.49
    Borman - $10.14

Thanks for helping out!

Comment

I'll try an keep 'em coming

Comment

Payday comes sometimes next week (my guess is the 21st) so I'll make a payment then. :0

Comment

Thanks nemmy A couple people are lined up to pay as well, they just havent gotten their paychecks heh.

Comment

$20 US Sound Goood? >_>

Not alot, but I don't have a high paying job / still in college so I can't contribute a whole lot unfortunately.
            Last edited by James; 02-14-2006, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Every bit helps

Comment

This is a fantastic idea, seriously getting to see these in English will be a thing of beauty.

Comment

very well. I like it very much spanish translation

Comment

I'm happy to donate 50 pounds (70-80 dollars) when I get paid this following Wednesday, so expect the donation there

Comment

Working...
                    X