No announcement yet.

Banned Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I just want to ask a question? How am I a troll?

Comment

• Seen yourself in the mirror lately?
      *ba-dum-dum-dysch!*

Anyway, cut the chit-chat in here now. Back to bannings and stuff!

Comment

• Wow. This thread is out of control.

One thing's for sure...everyone hates Big Stu. Both P_Anderson_DIE and Darinl1979 seem to think that includes Stu's folks! That is utterly stupendous. Ha ha!

*ba-dum-dum-dysch!*

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          Anyone doing that will now earn a temp ban since everyone seems to think its A-OK. Congrats on falling into the trolls trap everyone! Hes now taking you down with him!

Comment

• Jills Boob has been temporarily banned, just for two days, for carrying it on in here. Seriously, zero tolerance guys.

Comment

• Wow I thought things cooled down in here after the thread was temp. locked but I guessed not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                Jills Boob has been temporarily banned, just for two days, for carrying it on in here. Seriously, zero tolerance guys.
                Eh, why exactly was I banned? What was I "carrying on?" I was no part of the tomfoolery that transpired with Darinl1979. Hell, I hadn't even logged on for 2-3 weeks.

I merely commented on the commonality of the attributes of some recent participants in this thread.

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                We'll post here when a member has been permanently banned. If you have a question as to why a user was banned (all bans will be temporary unless otherwise stated), then please post here. Keep things civil and lets not trash talk any banned members.
                Dot50Cal seemed to indicate that this thread is the place to comment on bans or ask why people were banned. Participants were not to trash talk any "banned members," which I did not do. I made no comment on any such banned member.

I imagine that harassing, egging on, or generally goading banned members can be seen in posts such as 178, 188, 203, 261, 295, and 308...just to name a few. How is that behavior, which is indicative of the initial warning issued by the OP, allowed, yet I make a whimsical comment about the childish drama in this thread a week or two ago, and I receive an insta-ban without an infraction/warning? I didn't see any of the other people interacting with Darinl1979's shenanigans receive an sort of reprimand.

Not a big deal...just something I am curious about.

However, I thought it was a ban-nable offense to make a post with like 1 word or a short irrelevant statement? Because post 319...well, that certainly fits the bill to a T.

There's nothing there but a single period. A lone punctuation mark.

Does one have to be the most obnoxious, antagonistic member of this community to receive:

???

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                  Eh, why exactly was I banned?
                  I'll recap this one. (Short story: Feeding trolls - ignoring warnings)

Why keep replying to trolls? I don't get it. Knock it off.
                  Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  Alright, guys. That's enough. Leave the troll be now. As funny as it is, and yes, this has made me laugh all morning long we need to stop now.
                  Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  Stop it. Last warning. No more mocking the troll.
                  Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                  Temporarily locking this topic till things calm down, because all this is doing is egging him on to re-register.
                  From the OP:
                  "We'll post here when a member has been permanently banned. If you have a question as to why a user was banned (all bans will be temporary unless otherwise stated), then please post here. Keep things civil and lets not trash talk any banned members."

Anyone doing that will now earn a temp ban since everyone seems to think its A-OK. Congrats on falling into the trolls trap everyone! Hes now taking you down with him!
                  Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                  Anyway, cut the chit-chat in here now. Back to bannings and stuff!
                  Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                  Wow. This thread is out of control.

One thing's for sure...everyone hates Big Stu. Both P_Anderson_DIE and Darinl1979 seem to think that includes Stu's folks! That is utterly stupendous. Ha ha!

*ba-dum-dum-dysch!*
                  Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                  Jills Boob has been temporarily banned, just for two days, for carrying it on in here. Seriously, zero tolerance guys.

We drew a line and several times told people to cut the chit chat, troll-feeding and random insult stuff. Your post wasn't just crossing the line, it went further than that and Alexia decided to act upon it (mildly, to be honest.) Sure, you might've become an example there, but I guess someone had to be the first.

However, I thought it was a ban-nable offense to make a post with like 1 word or a short irrelevant statement? Because post 319...well, that certainly fits the bill to a T.

There's nothing there but a single period. A lone punctuation mark.
                  It served as a reminder of something that even existed as recently as the post right before yours (though, I'm personally no big fan of armchair moderating). And the "troll" subject nemesiswontdie asked about was cleared (with no real resolution) via PMs.

Does one have to be the most obnoxious, antagonistic member of this community to receive:

???
                  You've got no less immunity than he has. Your post, contrary to his reply, did no good. And I'm sure Stu knows very well where the line goes for what he can do and cannot without having the mods breathing down his neck.

Anyway, it was a temp ban for just a couple of days. Chillax! Share with the rest of us what you experienced while you were out exploring the world during those two days or something (but not in this thread), since the rest of us have been confined to our chairs browsing the forum during that time... I think...

Comment

• ^Fair enough. You all run the site, so you make the decisions. I'm quite "chillax" about all of this, really. It's not like I was going to re-register under a pseudonym to throw a fit or anything. The ban doesn't bother me at all. I was just curious about it, and why. Especially considering it took 17 pages of (mostly) the same stuff you talked about - "feeding trolls" & "ignoring warnings" - for "an example to be made." I referenced plenty of posts where those actions are blatantly committed.

As for me "crossing the line" - well, that is a bit much. I didn't send the SS to kill Anne Frank, for crying out loud. Sure, it deserved an infraction or something, but a ban? Really? Well, as I said, you all make the decisions. So it's all good.

And I'm sure Stu knows very well where the line goes for what he can do and cannot without having the mods breathing down his neck.
                    That's actually something I have to disagree with. In recent memory, I've only ever seen one mod (Darkmoon) say something to Stu about his aggressive nature. Everyone else seems to ignore his unnecessary posts where he blatantly offers almost nothing on the discussions at hand and merely makes posts ridiculing another person's thoughts or feelings. Sure, we're all guilty of it from time to time, but no one is as consistent at goading others or offering better-than-thou snide comments than Stu.

He knows I don't like him and the feeling is mutual. But how can the maintainers of the site preach uniformity for all members and yet let one person consistently slip through the cracks?

Actually, I will go ahead and end there. I don't want any forum drama but it just gets a little old seeing the same shit over and over again in threads. There's almost always a one sentence snide remark from Stu, pertaining not to the topic at hand, but to how stupid another person's logic or comment is.
                    Last edited by Jill's Boob; 01-14-2010, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Back when I had a MySpace profile... this guy called Peter added me, because he was looking for Resident Evil fans to be his MySpace friends. I think you know him as Rebecca Chambers and SynchPedro86...

I had seen him on Hell Descent a few times, but never knew who he was then. Well, he posted a blog saying he was being cyberbullied and stuff. He linked to this weird looking wiki thing where this site was mentioned... I'm guessing you guys wrote that page up?

I did sort of take pity on him, because he seemed like an okay guy... I know people in the community are kinda harsh on trolls, but he does not seem like a troll. His typing skills are head & shoulders above any troll I've ever seen... And, I think he was rather upset about being banned on reH.

I'm not sayin' it's a good thing he spammed on here... But he's never been known to spam on Hell Descent. He was also on Site Wars but he never cussed or anything.

Comment

• We don't talk about those subjects you mention there. It's as simple as that. It always creates a bunch of drama that just shows how immature a community can be.

Long to answer some of that - No, we had (and still have) nothing to do with the ED article and there at least used to be a dozen forums and webmasters namedropped in that thing. +People have been perm-banned for way less than what he did around here.

If someone feels upset about being banned from reH, then that's not our problem. Besides, reH doesn't exist anymore. That place closed down and its webmaster started a new site called "Rely On Horror." And they also purged all forum bans when they changed things into their Web 2.0 design before closing doors.

Comment

• Why would anyone just randombly bring the nutjob up? Makes no sense.

Would almost be a coincidence that i've been thinking he's back on here no actually.
                          Last edited by Stu; 01-19-2010, 02:20 AM.

Comment

• The person in question has attempted, many times, to cause problems for pretty much everyone he's ever come across in the Resident Evil community. And several others, like a mental health forum. Which is more likely...his tale of how he was ganged up on by a variety of webmasters and members, many of who do not like each other, or that his own actions such as spamming, insulting other members, lying about a great deal of things in attempts to get sympathy...and more that I can't even begin to recall have resulted in thirty or so different webmasters to permanently ban him?

You can decide. But he's not coming back and if I were you, I wouldn't feel too sympathetic. He's made his bed.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled talks about other things. Like not trolls.

Comment

• SmallTime/LeonSmallTime/LeonIsSmallTime is banned for registering multiple accounts, and he's a previously banned member, circumventing his ban.

Comment

• Oh joy!

Nothing's more fun that getting up in the morning, moderating a forum, letting a few things slide as they don't do any harm... hand out a warning 'cause they're thread onto thin ice... and then *bam* see them just blatantly ignore it and keep on rollin'... breaking through the ice!

Oh! Did I mention that Cuz7ate9 just got banned for having multiple accounts? (four, to be precise - for those of you who like to keep track. For those who'd like to know more -> Chances are that he's also a user who'd gotten himself banned in the past for similar behavior).
                                Last edited by Carnivol; 01-24-2010, 03:55 PM. Reason: This post is dedicated to a special someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X