No announcement yet.

Banned Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we're not. Another member has even already made a thread about leaving, thinking we're being too harsh. As you can see here;

we're not exactly being lenient. Nor should we, it ruins the game for other people. I'm just saying it has to be handled case by case. Like, it's a bit different if you don't know the spoiler rules and post something which could be classed as a spoiler, but is ambigious, to knowing the rules and posting the end of the game, untagged.

Comment

Yeah, I reckon it's a bit selfish of people. Does spoiling the game for others make you feel good?

Comment

Thank you guys for taking care of this to the best of your abilities (since orz I know how it is since I've modded forums for ongoing canons before where spoilers had the potential to float around where they shouldn't). Case by case basis are the best way to go, so good luck, it's not too far off now before you guys'll be able to rest! ♥

Comment

shit! people are like showing me spoiler even in my own home Damn! its a good thing i turned my head the other direction before they showed it to me but last time i almost didn't when my brother was trying to show me all the weapons that was going to be in RE5 but in the last secand he showed it to me i just friggin left the friggin room in a spit sec.

Comment

We're trying, very hard, to be as fair as we can be. We are trying, very hard, to be impartial and to not over react. Are we being harsh? Possibly. But guys...can any of you say you haven't been warned? Can anyone say, 'It was too much trouble to post in a Spoiler thread?'

Perhaps some of you don't undertand the purpose of having Spoilers in specific threads? Why we don't want you posting stuff in other threads, even in Spoiler tags, even with warnings? Well, for one, people who don't wanna be spoiled are more likely to open the tags by accident. But secondly it allows people who wants to particpate in the forum to do so.

If we didn't limit spoilers to those threads I couldn't visit the site. I simply couldn't do my job without being spoiled, and I'd have take time off weeks ago. I'm sure a lot of other people would too. And no, you can't really participate in a thread where half the posts are behind spoilers that you don't are open.

So please, guys. We're trying damned hard here and the vast majority of you guys are doing great. But if you have any doubt, any doubt at all, stick it in a Spoiler thread. If you don't think it'll fit in one of the three we have then ask a mod and we can give you the go ahead to make a new one.

We don't like banning folk. But we'll keep doing it as long as needs be.

Comment

i say block sign-ups for now , more fuckers will sign up and ruin the game for everyone, same thing happened when i was a mod at a Death Note forum , tons of people signed up and posted screenshots and tons of spoilers in many threads when the ending got released, even ones that was not related to it, im pretty sure that it will get worse as more people get their hands on the game.
              Last edited by ThWorldGreatest; 03-08-2009, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Registration has been blocked for a couple of weeks already.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  We're trying, very hard, to be as fair as we can be. We are trying, very hard, to be impartial and to not over react. Are we being harsh? Possibly. But guys...can any of you say you haven't been warned? Can anyone say, 'It was too much trouble to post in a Spoiler thread?'
                  Oh please, you guys have done so much more than you've had to...trust me. Some of us really appreciate it.

We don't like banning folk.
                  I question that notion when it pertains to you, Darkmoon.

Comment

Hey, I don't like banning folks...

I love it with a burning, fiery passion.

Comment

Hey, I don't like banning folks...

I love it with a burning, fiery passion.
                      That's Darkmoon for ya', he may outpass bannon the crab!
                      I mean come on, he has a beard, how awesome can you get?

Comment

I haven't even been on here for a full year but I can see that you guys really do work hard to keep spoilers out. I applaud you and will do my part to post no spoilers.
                        Last edited by Canas Renvall; 03-08-2009, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Since i've yet to bother purchasing the game I can't post Spoilers anyway, but out of curiousity, can someone list the full Staff/Mod Roster on this site?

Seems like everytime I log on theres either new staff or it seems alot of new people represent the site in some way shape or form with board statements like "we don't do this etc" with Custom Ranks etc.
                          Just wondering.

Comment

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showgroups.php - That lists what all the names and titles mean. There are five actual mods kicking around. Me, James, Carn, Alexia and Borman. Then there is the staff folk, who work or worked on the site and the news posters...who post news. And some donators and trusted users.

Comment

Hm, some of the selections of moderators judging from sign up dates and posts are "questionable" at best, but whatever.
                              Thanks for the link.

Comment

What did Helegad get banned for?

Comment

Working...
                                X