Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeskerIncarnate View Post
    Stu was banned? Why so?
    I guess it has to do with some recent flaming, I don't really know since I'm not
    around much but I can tell that "Stu" has been involved in them and has become
    the center of attention for newbies to hate and argument with.

Which is why I mentioned missV.

What AK just said is very vague, but leads me to believe that it was
    flaming/bashing after all and got out of hand.

EDIT: lol, Rosetta you really make me nail the root of the problem. xD
    Last edited by Kaneco; 02-13-2010, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Really? That's it?

I mean, those are all perfectly legit reasons. I just thought it was an accumulation of things he's said and done, because he's been doing stuff like that for months (a lot less related to flaming new members, though).

Again though, fair enough.

Comment

• It was a temporary ban and he's back tomorrow. It was just so things cooled off a while after it all came to a head the other night. Now let's get back on topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
          Careful what you say, AK. MissV may have been a lot of things, but to start name calling after he's banned and gone drags yourself down to his level. And...I thought Darkmoon asked for chatter to be cut?

As for Stu...I believe it was due to his less than friendly responses to several new members of the forum.
          I was aware of my punishment of my posting. I expected another infraction and well I already said I just wanted to get something off my chest. Anyway I am done bashing with that part of my immaturity.

Sorry for this THIA staff for adding your works.
          Last edited by Guest; 02-13-2010, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Would it be too much of a cliche to launch into a tyrade against the site's moderators? haha

But yeah, i was banned because of this thread if anyone fancies the lulz.

Long story short though...i was banned because of some random and Rose reporting me in the thread. This random who starts acting up for the first time the very moment that Beasley shows up...but i'm sure that's just a coincidence of course.

Anyway, the mods know there's no hard feelings, i saw it coming and was fine with it. Everything's gravy

To CR29 though, his idea about infractions for people "feeding the trolls" is ridiculous. Why should people be punished for feeling the need to defend the site's integrity? Ever heard of the phrase "haters gonna hate"? Well, trolls will troll. Ignoring them has never, and would never make the problem go away. So why not show the bastards up whilst we get the opportunity?

Comment

• Because while ignoring at least some of them doesn't seem to work,for some it has. We haven't had an issue with several former members for quite some time. And with the ones that do register? They get satisfaction from getting a rise from people. I don't quite understand the mentality behind it, maybe because I get laid on a regular basis, but apparently having people be angry with you on the internet makes you feel good.

Essentially, the more you argue the more they get what they want the more likely they are to re-register and have another go.

Comment

• To me, the fact that they do keep coming back time after time shows me it doesn't work.

Comment

• Yes, but we normally get a few days or weeks before they do. I've seen on sites where troll baiting is allowed the trolls just resigning instantly, every time they're banned.

Comment

• Don't get we wrong i'm not saying we should allow it, or that we should actively encourage it, just we use our heads when it does happen. For instance the other night's posts in the banned thread, came about not from me talking to Beasley, but to someone else. That's when it kicked off, and just went from there.

I don't like kindly to anyone that thinks it's funny to make jokes about me killing my own son and posting it on his website as news, as a father you can understand that, and if i feel the need to show these cretins up to be immoral cunts that they are, then i'd take it.

Not saying i'd do it everytime, that would just be boring.

Comment

• Oh yes. I'd be looking into seeing if he's violated the terms of service for his website and ISP if I was you. I also understand what happened. But he most likely derived satisfaction from your reaction, which I'm sure is the opposite of what you wanted.

Comment

• To be fair though, i can guarantee i didn't respond in the way he'd have expected. In fact the messages i received from people about it were far more angrier about it than i was.

I can just accept that cunts will be cunts.

Comment

• Probably your lack of emotions or even disregarding them entirely can make them angrier
                          at you because you seem to not acknowledge them in any regard or try to not make such
                          a big deal out of it yet some users take it the wrong way, thus provoking them.

Come on guys, let's get back on-topic. You might as well make a IM chat about banning
                          commentary for everyone to give their opinion on the matter they wish to discuss under
                          these circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
                            I can just accept that cunts will be cunts.
                            I think this pretty much answers any question on what those people do and annoying bickering.

Comment

• Okay... what's with people and general chatter in this thread?
                              Go away! Don't post here unless you have to.

Comment

• Originally posted by fujin78
                                why did you close my post , without even asking my permission ?
                                Not sure what post you're referring to, but he doesn't have to ask anyone's permission to close a post. He's one of two administrators on the site. Also, please don't post anything off topic. This topic is for about Banned members only (that is in the topic title).

Comment

Working...
                                X